Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phez wrote: View Post
    you people are crazy. truly repping tdot. what do you really want? do you want him to be lebron james for half the price?

he has better fg% than westbrook, harden, JJ, jr smith, paul george, the list goes one. they all only have 1-3 more attempts pg than derozan (paul george is the same). but again, hes 11th in MADE.

you want to talk about defense? yea, hes just average in the league. not below, but just average. average steals, average dreb. yet there are games where gets 3, 4 steals a game.

you can argue his pricetag is high, but theres no way you can argue against his production. which none of you seem to be doing aside from throwing out blanket statements 'he sucks'

i guess only top 5 players in the entire league in all categories are only good enough for the raptors?
    Phez you can't bring things like facts to this debate. It's been tried. Don't show these people analytic stats that show his player value either. His win share value had a massive jump last year-- don't mention that. He's in 20 of Toronto's 20 best statistical 5 man lineups (http://www.82games.com/1213/1213TOR2.HTM)...but he's horrible!

Hey if they trade him, they trade him. But let's look at dude for what he is. Bargnani NEVER had the stats Demar has with an even higher usage per 48. Dude is pretty solid.

Comment

I'm hearing on twitter that all trades had to be done at 2pm today....which doesn't jive since I've seen numerous draft night swaps
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Fact: that's the top 20 most used line-ups...

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
          anyone frustrated by the rumours of a potential boston-nj deal showing that boston will blow it up and start over. Even if we just keep some of our future core, injuries aside, we will still be 7-11.
          Would be even more frustrating if Boston blows it up, and somehow lands Wiggins :|

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Would be even more frustrating if Boston blows it up, and somehow lands Wiggins :|
            No trolling Nilanka :P
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Problem i see is that still doesn't solve his lack of range or limited contributions elsewhere or reliance on being spoon fed off screens.
              Can't agree more.

However, I guess my position is more that of a 'wait and see' .. All of the stats we are analyzing are based on last year when he was paid a fraction of the new contract. We won't be able to realistically state that he is overpaid until he's at least played a portion of the 13/14 season.

We can speculate and extrapolate based on seasons past, but until Demar checks in for the 2013 season, I'm not making any claims one way or the other in terms of his financial compensation relative to his contribution on the court.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                Phez you can't bring things like facts to this debate. It's been tried. Don't show these people analytic stats that show his player value either. His win share value had a massive jump last year-- don't mention that. He's in 20 of Toronto's 20 best statistical 5 man lineups (http://www.82games.com/1213/1213TOR2.HTM)...but he's horrible!

Hey if they trade him, they trade him. But let's look at dude for what he is. Bargnani NEVER had the stats Demar has with an even higher usage per 48. Dude is pretty solid.
                Using Bargnani as a comparison. A sign of desperation

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Can't agree more.

However, I guess my position is more that of a 'wait and see' .. All of the stats we are analyzing are based on last year when he was paid a fraction of the new contract. We won't be able to realistically state that he is overpaid until he's at least played a portion of the 13/14 season.

We can speculate and extrapolate based on seasons past, but until Demar checks in for the 2013 season, I'm not making any claims one way or the other in terms of his financial compensation relative to his contribution on the court.
                  Theoretically, couldn't we take the "wait and see" approach with every player? Each would have the potential to improve to a certain degree on some level.

Comment

Theoretically, couldn't we take the "wait and see" approach with every player? Each would have the potential to improve to a certain degree on some level.
                    I would argue some are worth more of a wait and see than others....

Landry Fields - wait and see (since he has shown us before what he is capable of)

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Can't agree more.

Very much agreed on new contract not starting until next season.

I just don't hold a lot of hope for a guy with 3 years at 35-37mpg under his belt.

We shall see soon enough..... Unless tonight is cra cra.

Comment

Not necessarily

I'm not going to 'wait and see' what Aaron Gray turns into ... We all know what Aaron Gray is and forever will be.
                        Just like Telfair. No sense in using the 'wait and see' approach on him ... he is who he is for the most part, minus some maturation.

But guys like Terrence Ross, Quincy Acy, Demar Derozan etc. are still very much like Play Doh, where from season to season ALOT could change and develop.

Not to mention not every player is having their worth and value questioned.
                        Therefore, with alot of them, there's nothing to 'wait and see' for.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

You can bring facts, you just need to interpret them correctly.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post212643

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post212660

Along those lines, his win share did jump last season but it is still 0.2 below average despite playing approximately 40% more minutes than the average SG.

Comment

Stats are great at reinforcing what you already believe.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              Stats are great at reinforcing what you already believe.
                              True dat.

Stats and the eye test... A winning combo!

Comment

with so much excitement I cant help but feel theres a great depression coming lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X