Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    I have no idea who this guy is or where he comes from but if a guy is sliding solely cause he has a buyout, then that seems like a value pick that's intriguing. Too many of these teams are short-sighted about this stuff....
    Yeah, I don't really get it either. Teams let buyout issues get in the way of taking the best player. Be it because they're too scared to make a risky financial investment right away, or because they're unwilling to wait for a year or two to see a return on their draft pick.

Just take the guy you want because of how he plays basketball, and figure the rest out later.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      I need BOOZE....and picks...like 6 of them.... Kabongo, Oladipo, Olynyk, Karasev, Bennet, Shroeder....go
      Yea pick them all. That simple, lol.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Oladipo comes across like a MU type player....high motor and character. But #2 will cost obviously.
        That's the million dollar question!

1. Bargnani & Ross?
        2. DeRozan?
        3. 1 or 2, plus a later/future pick?
        4. Other???

Ohhhhh to be a fly on MU's wall right now...
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jun 27, 2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I need BOOZE....and picks...like 6 of them.... Kabongo, Oladipo, Olynyk, Karasev, Bennet, Shroeder....go
          Draftgasm....

Comment

I thought you were working

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
              I thought you were working
              my shift got cancelled....PLUS I can't drink even if I was on duty
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                That's the million dollar question!

1. Bargnani & Ross?
                2. DeRozan?
                3. 1 or 2, plus a later/future pick?
                4. Other???

Ohhhhh to be a fly on MU's wall right now...
                Anyone else think that a team in desperate need of a PG who doesn't want to use the #2 pick on one would want Lowry? I mean, I know they've been attached to Bledsoe as well, but I thought I'd throw that out there in case the Bledsoe talks have been overblown in the media. Obviously there'd be more, and of course Ujiri would need a plan for the PG position...but yeah, I think Lowry could easily be in play if these talks are serious.

Comment

• Remember, Orlando also needs PG help.
                  Lowry and Bargs for #2 and terrible contract (Hedo/Harrington)??
                  Buy second round pick for Giannis Adetokunbo.
                  Sign Gal Mekel
                  This makes Demar expandable obviously (if we go for Oladipo). I would send him to Utah for Milsap.

Giannis Adetokunbo/Gal Mekel
                  Oladipo/Ross
                  Gay/Fields
                  Milsap/Amir
                  Val

The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Remember, Orlando also needs PG help.
                    Sign Gal Mekel
                    This makes Demar expandable obviously (if we go for Oladipo). I would send him to Utah for Milsap.

Oladipo/Ross
                    Gay/Fields
                    Milsap/Amir
                    Val

I love it, but think the PG position is a little weak, at least in the short-term. MLE is still available... Calderon would look good running the P&R with JV/PM, finding a streaking RG and hitting an open VO/TR for 3...

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Remember, Orlando also needs PG help.
                      Sign Gal Mekel

Oladipo/Ross
                      Gay/Fields
                      Milsap/Amir
                      Val

I'm pretty sure Bargs would have no part of this deal unless there's a 3rd team (LAC and Afflalo/Bledsoe deal might be in play here). If it's just TOR-ORL....Orlando won't want 2 expensive years of Bargs when they've got some nice young frontcourt players who need minutes, and still have way too high a payroll.

Comment

• Lol
                        Thats Lennon and Dylan alright !!!
                        Thanks for the welcome Joey, actually I been monitering RR for 2 years and as a season ticket holder, I thought I would join.
                        When it comes to the Raps I have to tame my emotions because they remind me of that girl you love but she breaks your heart
                        over and over again. I want to blow it up because I want to feel that excitement of a legitimate team going for the championship.
                        I wanna feel that nervous excitement on game day, the atmosphere of the building. Like I said, I do not disagree with anyone who feels we do not want to blow this up, for me though (living 70% of the time here and 30% of the time in LA on a yealy basis) I have seen the fans at Staples Center and I want that here. I actually think the TO fans are more passionate and could just imagine their excitement. I'll waste 3 years of building to get that. Cheers !!

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            Again. My point is he's a solid player and not the clown that he is being perceived as. How information is interpreted is another debate that I'm willing to have. The people swinging the biggest swords here are bringing the least amount of information to the debate. Let's put it all out there, compare it to other teams' starting Shooting Guards and then make an educated decision. Hey someone with an analytic mind can mine through it and then we can have this debate. I'd rather miss use information and get the information out there for debate than keep info to my chest because it disproves my point.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong. But I suspect that if we compared Demar to starting shooting guards across the board dude comes out in the upper half of the league. That's not saying much, but can you name a Raptors SG in the recent past who they can say that about?

Don't get it twisted. I have a personal list of players that I would trade Demar for in a heartbeat, but the vitriol of the anti-Demar people is straight toxic for no reason.
                            Who is calling him a clown?

The people swinging swords here? I've started threads and provided more than enough evidence to support a stance. In fact in the thread links I provided you tore in to another poster but your interpretation of the stars were the results of 344 being used as a sample of 66.

There is nothing twisted here. DeRozan is currently an average player getting paid double average and nearly 3-4x the median starting next season. That is all I am saying and that is what others are saying, I believe. No clowns here.

Comment

• unrelated NETS/CELTICS trade is almost a done deal. Pierce and Garnett to Nets for probably a bunch of stuff
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

unrelated NETS/CELTICS trade is almost a done deal. Pierce and Garnett to Nets for probably a bunch of stuff
                                Oh man....

Hope for Lowry to Orlando....Then pick up Rondo with other pieces....ahhhhh....wow me, Masai!

Comment

Working...
                                X