Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    It would be hard for me to see Lowry go, I think he has a lot more potential to show our team. The only way letting him go would make sense is if we get an UPGRADE at PG (not a rook) and packaging him with Bargs.
    Unless, of course, the whole roster is being dismantled.... Doesn't this seem like a distinct possibility?

If they do trade Lowry, I would not want to package him with Bargs. Seems like that would lessen his value.

Comment

Wow, a crazy amount of responses to basically a crappy article. It doesn't really say anything. Guy had to kill a day of writing, and Colangelo happened to pick that day to resign. So why not throw create some mass speculation that Ujiri is going to make crazy moves?

I'm sure there's changes coming, but it could be small, or big, or whatever. Colangelo just got demoted. There was no way he was staying here for very long. I fully expected him gone by the end of the summer. It happened earlier than I thought, but I don't think this is an indication of anything conclusive for the basketball side of things. I think it's an indication that Colangelo realized he looked like an idiot deciding to keep working for an organization that basically didn't want him there anymore (except maybe Tanenbaum).

Personally, I don't want that much immediate change. It would be nice to get a couple of draft picks if it doesn't cost us a nice piece (JV, Amir, Gay, DeMar, Ross, Lowry). Then I don't care much beyond that other than trading Bargs, which hopefully is one deal that gets a pick somehow.

-If Bargs is turned into a pick/prospect and player, who either fills a role or improves flexibility, I'll be happy.
      -If the Raps can draft Karasev and Kabongo, I"ll be happy...Non-Karasev guys I like at different spots in the 1st....Bennett, Oladipo, Antetokounmpo, Snell, the Jrs.(Tim and Glen), and Tony Mitchell. I would be happy with any of those guys as first round picks, and also there are some guys I am ok with, but less thrilled (MCW, Schroeder, Olynyk)...I haven't decided yet on KCP, mostly because he's projected to go higher than I'd be willing to draft him, so I'm not sure I like going after the pick it would take.
      -Then keep an eye out for disintegrating situations around the league. Boston and Rondo is the first that comes to mind and a stronger possibility now with Rivers gone, and them clearly headed for a rebuild. Love looks safe in Minny for this season. And I'd be pretty happy to get Rondo or Wall...Wall seemed less safe last summer, but after a strong finish to the season and the promise of him being paired with Beal, I feel like now he's safe in Washington until they decide what he's worth and if they'll re-sign him....I also wouldnt mind a quality PF, but I feel like that's less necessary. Ideally I'd want a stretch 4 like Ilyasova (since the all-star talents like Love aren't likely), or a hustle 4 like J-Smoove (BUT NOT AT HIS ASKING PRICE). I think Thaddeus Young is an interesting option to keep an eye on if Philly blows it up. I also think Philly in general should be watched for if they decide to blow it up...I love Jrue Holiday, and I'd take him over Rondo or Wall.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        -Then keep an eye out for disintegrating situations around the league. Boston and Rondo is the first that comes to mind and a stronger possibility now with Rivers gone, and them clearly headed for a rebuild. Love looks safe in Minny for this season. And I'd be pretty happy to get Rondo or Wall...Wall seemed less safe last summer, but after a strong finish to the season and the promise of him being paired with Beal, I feel like now he's safe in Washington until they decide what he's worth and if they'll re-sign him....I also wouldnt mind a quality PF, but I feel like that's less necessary. Ideally I'd want a stretch 4 like Ilyasova (since the all-star talents like Love aren't likely), or a hustle 4 like J-Smoove (BUT NOT AT HIS ASKING PRICE). I think Thaddeus Young is an interesting option to keep an eye on if Philly blows it up. I also think Philly in general should be watched for if they decide to blow it up...I love Jrue Holiday, and I'd take him over Rondo or Wall.
        Jrue and Young for Rudy and Lowry?
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Jrue and Young for Rudy and Lowry?
          More likely something like......Lowry, 2014 (lottery protected) 1st, future 2nd rder, DeMar/Amir, and maybe Acy? For Holiday and maybe Young/Turner/Hawes....I don't know. It would have to be something crazy, and Philly would have to get a 2014 1st rounder out of it. They won't trade him without it. I have no evidence of this, but if they're blowing it up so much as to trade their best player before the best draft in a decade...how could that not be part of the asking price?

Comment

Anything involving trading DeRozan is wack. The only guy who wants to be here, who makes huge efforts to better his game, each summer, is the one everyone wants out. Smfdh. Typical TDot shit.
            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
              Anything involving trading DeRozan is wack. The only guy who wants to be here, who makes huge efforts to better his game, each summer, is the one everyone wants out. Smfdh. Typical TDot shit.
              #bringbackbigmandavis

Comment

*slaps forehead*
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                  "Typical TDot shit" is valuing effort over substance.

Comment

by this time tomorrow I hope for Bargnani out of fucking Dodge.

Comment

Grange just sent this tweet:

http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        That's what happens when the sports scene has been dominated by the Maple Leafs forever...

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                          Grange just sent this tweet:

If that is the path it makes perfect sense to why BC called it quits last night.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            are you trying to say derozan has no substance?

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                              are you trying to say derozan has no substance?
                              That's precisely what I'm saying.

Poor-shooting, bad-defending, overpaid shooting guards, do not meet my definition of substance.

Comment

It's good that he's coachable and shows a willingness to work hard in the hopes that he improves, but I get this feeling that Ross could be better than him, even by next season. I just can't envision DeRozan being much better than what he is now. And he's certainly not worth 10 million a season.

Comment

Working...
                                X