Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    Well atleast we know now that Ujiri is not looking to blow up the team and tank for wiggins.
    Do we?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

2. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well atleast we know now that Ujiri is not looking to blow up the team and tank for wiggins.
    just goes to show having a swuad of Gay, DeRozan and JV is a good thing. What Raps need are role players. Not too sure about the 1 and 4 positons yet though Amir love em but he shouldnt be our starting 4.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it. I think he's going to retool
    Half the eastern conference playoff teams have blown up their teams. This is our best chance to get deep into the playoffs and break that win-loss record of 47 wins.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Myck Kabongo ‏@MyckK9

Congrats to the 2013 draft class salute !! I will continue to work , hold my head high and push forward! Definitely not the end of the road.
    Hopefully he gets a call in an hour or so or by tomorrow morning

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Not that good?? Warren Ward played a full season less than a year after his injury. He came off the injury to have the most successful season of his carry and brought his team to Nationals. Skill can be improved with NBA experience and competition, naturally - but his leadership, drive, confidence - he'd be considered a steal for many teams.

Post Thanks / Like

If T-Ross was in this draft. Where do you think he'd go? top 10? top 5?
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Id think he would fight Oladipo for the #2 to Orlando, seeing as they are probably moving affalo for a legit PG
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

According to MU, looks like he doesn't want to throw our players around and trade them. Looks like we're not doing a rebuild and he's building around BC's core. Fuck I don't particularly think that's too great of an idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Why does everyone think the Raptors would draft Kabongo? Have their been rumours that the franchise likes him? I bet that because we all thought of it it won't happen or wouldn't have happened lol we fuckin' jinxed it probably

Raptors Republic Rookie brickwall281's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey people this is my first ever draft and I'm a little confused. What happens in the draft? When is it? Plz inbox me info. Will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote brickwall281 wrote: View Post
    Hey people this is my first ever draft and I'm a little confused. What happens in the draft? When is it? Plz inbox me info. Will be greatly appreciated.
    Basically nothing for the Raptors. Kabongo went undrafted. The draft was completely unpredictable. You can check out who got drafted where on multiple sports websites. Some notable trades would the the Jrue Holiday trade to the New Orleans Pelicans for a 2014 1st round pick (top 5 protected) and Noel. Also, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry are traded to the Brooklyn Nets for Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans and three future first round picks. So the 76ers and the Celtics are tanking for the Wiggins/Parker sweepstakes next year, but Brooklyn seems to be a championship contender now with an amazing starting lineup (Williams, Johnson, Pierce, Garnett, and Lopez) and a new HC in Jason Kidd. Oh yea, Bennett is the first Canadian to ever to be the number 1 pick in the NBA. That more or less sums it up. Not much happened for the Raptors unfortunately.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate Bryan Colangelo....

16. Like Dino4life, Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    According to MU, looks like he doesn't want to throw our players around and trade them. Looks like we're not doing a rebuild and he's building around BC's core. Fuck I don't particularly think that's too great of an idea.
    He's not going to throw assets away for nothing. This isn't the draft to intentionally gut your team. I'm sure he was willing to move maybe one or two pieces (other than Bargs), but they just couldn't compete with better offers from other teams.

BC fucked this team completely with the Gay trade guys. Going to be very hard for Toronto to make beneficial deals this year.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the deal with Kabongo? I keep reading his name here, but no where else. What's the fascination, besides being Canadian?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    What's the deal with Kabongo? I keep reading his name here, but no where else. What's the fascination, besides being Canadian?
    He was a top rated PG coming out of HS. The kids got talent for sure.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Post Thanks / Like

Kabongo was clearly very much hurt by the off-court issues. He was projected to go in the lottery or early 20s before the suspension. Did the suspension affect his ability/potential? No. Did it slightly slow down his development? Maybe, but not in a way that should be concerning. He still improved his game from last year.

There are guys who went in the 1st round that I would've taken Kabongo ahead of without hesitation, and I think without really the Canadian thing being a factor....like Isaiah Canaan and Nate Wolters.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Kabongo was clearly very much hurt by the off-court issues. He was projected to go in the lottery or early 20s before the suspension. Did the suspension affect his ability/potential? No. Did it slightly slow down his development? Maybe, but not in a way that should be concerning. He still improved his game from last year.

There are guys who went in the 1st round that I would've taken Kabongo ahead of without hesitation, and I think without really the Canadian thing being a factor....like Isaiah Canaan and Nate Wolters.
    I think it was more his inability to hit a jumper off the bounce, even when wide open, that really tanked his stock. Now, if you wanna be optimistic, you could compare him to Rondo in that way, in that his other skills might make up for it--but I don't think he's anywhere near good enough to be in that discussion yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Is this hindsight based on his play from last year? Or same information we had on Terrence last year, going into the draft?

If we're basing on the same information as last year .. I'd say he maybe goes a couple spots higher. The thing is though, is that #8 was almost reaching as well. So I'd say he'd probably actually be right around the same spot. IMO.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Thread Information