Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: JL3 option declined

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Right, Canadian politicians are too busy figuring out ways to expense all their costs to the tax payer.
    Exactly.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    UFA, as far as I know. I'm not sure about any rights, since they only had him for half a season. I'm assuming neither JL3 or ST will return to the Raptors next season.
    Great news. Can't stand lucas. Great great news.

Telfair is a free agent right? So 2 pgs need to be grabbed and at least one of those is going to see significant time

3. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Curry isnt a Point guard >< hes an undersized SG like Lucas but with a much better shot. Im happy about this news Goodbye Lucas! I'll always remember those crazy selfish shots he took and his crazy selfish makes lol
    He's mentioned in interviews his goal right now if to improve his PG skills. It's extremely low risk, he could learn a bit from Lowry. And did you see him this year in college? He can go ham at any given moment, the guy can find his shots.

I don't know why I even think about it though because it's not going to happen lol I just think he could be fun.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    He's mentioned in interviews his goal right now if to improve his PG skills. It's extremely low risk, he could learn a bit from Lowry. And did you see him this year in college? He can go ham at any given moment, the guy can find his shots.

I don't know why I even think about it though because it's not going to happen lol I just think he could be fun.
    I didnt say I didnt want him lol I'd love him over here in Raptor Land just saying we cant expect him to run point....at this moment anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt say I didnt want him lol I'd love him over here in Raptor Land just saying we cant expect him to run point....at this moment anyway.
    Okok, agreed. I'd love to see him given the chance to learn, on any team.

Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With JL3 gone, might be time to dust off the old Bargs for Ben Gordon and a 1st trade proposal.

I'm basically still just holding my breath waiting for the Raps to make some kind of move. Maybe July 1st when FA starts. Yep, that's what I'm telling myself. I'll let you know on July 2nd if I need to push that date out further.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    With JL3 gone, might be time to dust off the old Bargs for Ben Gordon and a 1st trade proposal.

I'm basically still just holding my breath waiting for the Raps to make some kind of move. Maybe July 1st when FA starts. Yep, that's what I'm telling myself. I'll let you know on July 2nd if I need to push that date out further.
    The old look forward to the future approach. This way you can never be disappointed with the now. I think your july first date should read seventh though for after the stupid seven day moratorium.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So far Ujiri's moves have been good ones hes batting 1000! lool

Post Thanks / Like

So far Ujiri's moves have been good ones hes batting 1000! lool
    Isn't 0for0 .000?
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like 2014 picks are not easy to come by especially when adding $12m in salary after drafting a PF.

Although team renounced Byron mullens fwiw.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sounds like 2014 picks are not easy to come by especially when adding $12m in salary after drafting a PF.

Although team renounced Byron mullens fwiw.
    I think they could stomach Bargs salary because the other guys at the 4/5 are both on rookie deals (Biyombo/ Zeller), or a really cheap deal (Haywood). The total for all 4 guys would only be $19M. Plus both Bargs and Zeller can slide over to center so there will be enough minutes to go around. None of their bigs have the ability to stretch the floor so Bargs would actually be a decent fit.
    Charlotte technically has 3 first round picks next year (Portland top 12 protected, Detroit top 8 protected, and their own), so they might be willing to part with their pick (lotto protected). So it would most likely be a 2015 or later first round pick.
    Last edited by Primer; Sat Jun 29th, 2013 at 02:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they could stomach Bargs salary because the other guys at the 4/5 are both on rookie deals (Biyombo/ Zeller), or a really cheap deal (Haywood). The total for all 4 guys would only be $19M. Plus both Bargs and Zeller can slide over to center so there will be enough minutes to go around. None of their bigs have the ability to stretch the floor so Bargs would actually be a decent fit.
    Charlotte technically has 3 first round picks next year (Portland top 12 protected, Detroit top 8 protected, and their own), so they might be willing to part with their pick (lotto protected). So it would most likely be a 2015 or later first round pick.
    They can't trade their own because it is protected to Chicago until 2016.

I'm sure they could word something.
    Tim Leiweke

Thread Information