View Poll Results: Who will have the brighter future?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • T-Ross

18 51.43%
  • Tristan Thompson

22 62.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: T-Ross for Tristan Thompson?

Post Thanks / Like

Default T-Ross for Tristan Thompson?

Now that the Cavs have chosen Anthony Bennett with the 1st pick they have a logjam at the 4 which means TT could become available would you do a Ross for TT swap?
    #BringBackUzoh

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not convinced the Cavs see a logjam...at least not yet.

Zeller is a pure C. Thompson is a rebounding/hustle big. Bennett is a scoring stretch 4 (or tweener). They fit well together.

If they do decide to trade Thompson, I'd be interested. Not sure I'd give up Ross (out of preference). I might be more inclined to see if they'll give a bigger package for DeMar.

Post Thanks / Like

I obviously don't know anything but I think the Cav will trade sideshow Bob and then play Thompson and Bennett together.

4. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Most likely, yes.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Ross play more before making a decision like that. I feel like Thompson though not at his ceiling has already shown what he could be capable of, but Ross seems more like a mystery so far.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no logjam. Varejao will go this summer if they can get something good for him. If not, they wait until the trade deadline (hoping he doesn't get injured again) and then trade him. Just because Bennett was chosen #1 doesn't mean he needs to start. He'll back up Thompson at the 4 and potentially see some time as a 3, similar to Milsap in Utah.

Raptors Republic Rookie knowledgep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote coastal wrote: View Post
    There's no logjam. Varejao will go this summer if they can get something good for him. If not, they wait until the trade deadline (hoping he doesn't get injured again) and then trade him. Just because Bennett was chosen #1 doesn't mean he needs to start. He'll back up Thompson at the 4 and potentially see some time as a 3, similar to Milsap in Utah.
    I can see Bennett eating into CJ Miles minutes and possibly starting at 3 at some point this season if they're looking to move Gee as well.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would Cleveland want this? In the same year we took Ross, they took SG Waiters at the 4 pick ... If they would hypothetically want Ross as a young duplicate position, why wouldn't they want the same from Tristan and Bennett?

I'd love to have Thompson, don't get me wrong ... and I could even see Cleveland moving him - but more likely for a SF or maybe even C.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

10. Like Elkabong liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote feet85 wrote: View Post
    Now that the Cavs have chosen Anthony Bennett with the 1st pick they have a logjam at the 4 which means TT could become available would you do a Ross for TT swap?
    Ujiri: Hey, Chris, Masai here.
    Grant: Hello, Masai. How's Toronto?
    Ujiri: Awesome. They pay me lots of money.
    Grant: Yeah, but it's a mess.
    Ujiri: They pay me lots of money. Anyway, got a lot of PFs down there. Any interest in moving Thomson?
    Grant: What ya got?
    Ujiri: Terrence Ross.
    Grant: And....
    Ujiri: Just Ross.
    Grant:......
    Ujiri: Hello?
    Grant: You want my second year double-double PF who is 21 years old and made a huge jump last year for Terrence Ross? The guy who misses the rim as often as he makes shots, can't pass or dribble and looks like a deer in the headlights on defense? Who is the same age as my young, stud PF?
    Ujiri: He's the slam dunk champion!
    'click'
    Ujiri: Hello? Chris? Hello? Bueller?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go read a Dale Carnagie book.

I don't think this is a question of do we do it but rather, why would they do it? They passed on some very notable players to nab TT and to now turn around and trade him for an average player who was taken later in the subsequent draft? I don't know how they sell that to their fans unless Tristan just blew out his knee, or is an alcoholic, or is being charged with some crime or a combination of the three.

Note: When I named out those scenarios I was thinking about Jamal Mashburn, Vin Baker and the Trailblazers of a decade ago aka. "The Jailblazers".

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No way Cavs do this. You're insane. Thompson will become a way better player than Ross. He's proven that he's already a dominant rebounder and a force (albeit small one but still) in the league. Ross hasn't even proven he belongs in the league yet.
    Last edited by isaacthompson; Fri Jun 28th, 2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing better than a multiple choice poll with only two options. Who will have a better future? I chose BOTH!
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

15. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Nothing better than a multiple choice poll with only two options. Who will have a better future? I chose BOTH!
    Biggest troll ever haha. Everyone picked both
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to elementary school with tristan thompson, he was in my class. That's as far as I wish to analyze this issue, as I just got blazed right now.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I went to elementary school with tristan thompson, he was in my class. That's as far as I wish to analyze this issue, as I just got blazed right now.
    So maybe all that is in your head and you never actually went to school. What if this thread was created just so you could have a fake memory planted in your brain? I think you need to lock the doors and listen carefully to all the sounds around you to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    lol I'm from Brampton too. Which school??

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This trade isn't happening. Period.

Thread Information