X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acy starting at the 3 would be perfect for #tanknation

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I'm not a big fan of tweeners, but I always thought Acy was more of a burly SF than an athetlic, undersized PF. Reggie Evans is an undersized PF, but Acy is more athletic and has a better offensive game (especially a decent jumper), which I think makes him much more of a tweener at least.

In certain situations, I think having him play SF on the 2nd unit could be beneficial (is it bad that my first thought was that having him at SF would help balance Bargnani at PF - yikes, sorry). However, I wouldn't want a tweener like him ever playing in the starting lineup, since true SF's would eat him for breakfast with their skill/quickness.
      Also my first thought. Read it and said to myself i said, that lets them find game time and room for bargs if he isnt moved.

I guess you have to plan for the possibility bargs is on the roster come october.

Comment

I could see him being in the lineup still... and if he is, I hope the fans don't dog him. We need him to do well, in order to get some value in a trade. What good is booing? It just hurts the raptors.

Comment

I can't begin to explan how much I dislike this idea...

Yes the NBA is evolving, blurring the lines of traditional positions, but thats because players are so versatile that they can play their traditional position aswell as others. Not because teams are shoving players into other roles, atleast not successfully.

There is nothing I've seen in Acy that makes me even remotely think he can play the 3, and there is nothing I've seen in Acy that makes me think he couldn't be a perfectly fine back up 4.

Comment

these names are awesome

POWER 3!
            SENSATION CENTER!
            PUG SHAPED POINT GUARD!
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I imagine the raps getting shellacked in the 3rd quarter and Casey muttering under his breath, "release the power 3"
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

from now on when i play ball in my house league im introducing myself to everyone as the team's power 3.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Power 3? what the heck is that?

Acy is nothing more an energy/tough guy off the bench. And no he's not a 3 he's a 4.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

RELEASE THE POWER 3!

(will be my new saying every time Acy enters the game!!! LOL!)
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      RELEASE THE POWER 3!...
                      Picture in my head of some WWF type character (no, not a panda, I mean the old wrestling federation) doing a power flex and grimacing just before he screams "RELEASE THE POWER 3!"

Comment

No.

Comment

GeeGees12 wrote: View Post
                          No.
                          Good point!
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

GeeGees12 wrote: View Post
                            No.
                            Love the enthusiasm. It's what this forum desperately needs!
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

hahaha Acy, is 2nd rounder with lots of energy, who doesn't make a lot of money. If we can get rid of Gay why not go full on tank and release the POWER 3! as the team's starter for the entirety of next season.

Even I'm not sure if i'm joking or not.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X