Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer League 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Henson's proven me absolutely wrong about him. I never thought he'd be a good pro but from what I've seen he's definitely legit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I just don't get the need to bash a player on our team that is still developing. Some of the "fans" on this site are pretty wishy washy. It's one thing to bash Bargs after 7 years of mediocre, frustrating performances, but to bash a guy coming off his rookie season, that's just miserable. People are way to negative on this site!
    Motherfcking amen!

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    JV looked out of shape last time. Had a great 1st half but 2nd half you can tell he was tired. Need to so some conditioning.
    After packing so much muscle, he needs to pick up his cardio. It will come though, I have no doubt!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't agree with that at all. His ballhandling is better. They've clearly been working on that with him. I also think his speed is fine...it doesn't look like he has avoided conditioning.
    Ross' body language and compete level stinks

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Condescending comment to show you have a superior knowledge. Glad to hear you value your opinion best.
    Not saying that at all. It's common sense really. IF you follow basketball.

Do you think Lowry is a top 10 PG in this league? you'd trade Lowry for Wall straight up right? and who do you think is the better player Ross or Barnes??

The answers to those questions are all COMMON SENSE. No brainer really. There shouldn't be a debate to any of those questions. But i read a lot of response here in the past that are just hilarious.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

JV showing composure in the double, nice passing, nice movement.

I commented he seemed slow before, I lied, he seems fine.
    one concern with him is he telegraphs his passes and forces them. Ought to be fixable tho

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

Do you think Lowry is a top 10 PG in this league? you'd trade Lowry for Wall straight up right? and who do you think is the better player Ross or Barnes??

The answers to those questions are all COMMON SENSE. No brainer really. There shouldn't be a debate to any of those questions. But i read a lot of response here in the past that are just hilarious.
    "COMMON SENSE" has to be one of the most misused/abused expressions in the English language, especially when someone tries to label their opinion with it, in putting down others. Everybody has a different interpretation of what the hell it means, to the point that it has become virtually meaningless.

One of my favourite quotations about common sense comes from one of the greatest minds of all time:
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen"- Albert Einstein

Or another one from a great Irish mind:
    "A man of great common sense and good taste - meaning thereby a man without originality or moral courage." George Bernard Shaw
    Last edited by p00ka; Sun Jul 14th, 2013 at 10:22 PM.

8. Like torch19, FoxMachine, octothorp liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You claimed that "Most or "some" of the people in this forum have no idea what they're talking about."
    I havent seen anyone say Ross>Barnes, or Lowry>Wall around these parts. So you are obviously talking about other peoples opinions in general. Meaning you are being condescending simply due to the fact that you dont like other peoples opinions.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    "COMMON SENSE" has to be one of the most misused/abused expressions in the English language, especially when someone tries to label their opinion with it, in putting down others. Everybody has a different interpretation of what the hell in means, to the point that it has become virtually meaningless.

One of my favourite quotations about common sense comes from one of the greatest minds of all time:
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen"- Albert Einstein

Or another one from a great Irish mind:
    "A man of great common sense and good taste - meaning thereby a man without originality or moral courage." George Bernard Shaw
    Or

"You know what the problem with common sense is? It isn't all that common." Unknown so I'll take credit (Matt52)

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Or

"You know what the problem with common sense is? It isn't all that common." Unknown so I'll take credit (Matt52)
    That's from Voltaire's philosophical dictionary

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After packing so much muscle, he needs to pick up his cardio. It will come though, I have no doubt!
    Also, it's the first competitive ball these guys are playing in about 3 months. No amount of off-court work can simulate real basketball. Conditioning was not great for anybody in the first game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    And so continues the streak of not an original thought

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I in the wrong forum? you people need to read less and watch more youtube

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cody Zeller looking pretty good right now!

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Cody Zeller looking pretty good right now!
    I like bigs who can shot FTs.

17. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Or

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Ya come on Matt that's common sense.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

But it is a very long running streak. Something to point at with pride.

20. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"No way i trade Lowry for Wall"

Please please find and link to this post anywhere on the site. I dont remember ever seeing anyone write this.

Also chisholm has several articles from last year about lowry being a top 10 pg in the league.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Please please find and link to this post anywhere on the site. I dont remember ever seeing anyone write this.

Also chisholm has several articles from last year about lowry being a top 10 pg in the league.
    Too lazy to find it. But i actually created that thread right after the Raps/Wiz game so i know. That was the game where John Wall played his worst game of his career. Remember that game? i said something like Raptors should trade Lowry + Ross for Wall. And a couple of posters said no way they trade Lowry for Wall LOL.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Too lazy to find it. But i actually created that thread right after the Raps/Wiz game so i know. That was the game where John Wall played his worst game of his career. Remember that game? i said something like Raptors should trade Lowry + Ross for Wall. And a couple of posters said no way they trade Lowry for Wall LOL.
    I found part of what you're talking about: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...all&highlight=

Only one poster said they wouldn't but there probably were others in another thread

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information