Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer League 2013

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Coby Karl fell flat on his face driving to the rim and my wife cheered. That's all you need to know about Coby Karl.
    All we need to know about Coby Karl is that ceez's wife is mean?

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross played well. Got to the line enough time, hit some jumpers, and rebounded very well. Still needs to focus on his shot selection as I remember my palm meeting my face in two separate situations
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

3. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looked like Buycks had himself a game. Almost a triple double.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    what the hell is wrong with you
    nobody would if you hadn't said it
    I agree completely
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we're facing Phoenix in the quarterfinals....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Looked like Buycks had himself a game. Almost a triple double.
    I'm not a fan, seems rather selfish for someone with his lack of efficiency, in the nba that shit isn't going to fly, he should look to pass more. He could definitely do 3rd string pg though.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    All we need to know about Coby Karl is that ceez's wife is mean?
    when I look at coby karl I say damn, that's probably what george karl looked like before father time and cancer caught up to him.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I'm not a fan, seems rather selfish for someone with his lack of efficiency, in the nba that shit isn't going to fly, he should look to pass more. He could definitely do 3rd string pg though.
    What do you mean by this?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Oh now you start praising him, but before you were complaining about how you couldn't stand him...
    I didn't mean to praise him. I want to find out how much shelf life he has in the NBA because it's only a matter of time before he blows out his knees with the way that he runs, drives, and changes direction.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    I just mean that my eyes tell me he is not going to be an impactful scorer in the nba (even though he went 6-11, against summer league talent albeit) and he should look to pass the ball more.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He took shots when he was wide open how is that selfish? JV and Ross are drawing the most attention he is going to shoot and has to shoot. Also Dwight Buycks is a scoring guard... what do you want from the poor kid?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    He took shots when he was wide open how is that selfish? JV and Ross are drawing the most attention he is going to shoot and has to shoot. Also Dwight Buycks is a scoring guard... what do you want from the poor kid?
    Again, he's older than us!

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NBA wise hes a kid lol

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    I just mean that my eyes tell me he is not going to be an impactful scorer in the nba (even though he went 6-11, against summer league talent albeit) and he should look to pass the ball more.
    My eyes tell me he has a VERY soft touch around the rim, including 2 layups that due to the angle had to hit the backboard at a very high spot, yet fell through the basket with a swish in his first summer league game, and today he had a very controlled 3pt play flipping up the basketball perfectly against the backboard through contact.

With his speed and soft touch and apparent ability to hit a step back jumper, he can be a very nice scorer off the bench. When he was interviewed he said he was focused on feeding his teamates, which means he is not as selfish as most of you claim he is. I think he has the tools to be a solid rotational player, better than Augustin, and if his development progresses, I could see Augustin lose his role in the depth charts
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    My eyes tell me he has a VERY soft touch around the rim, including 2 layups that due to the angle had to hit the backboard at a very high spot, yet fell through the basket with a swish in his first summer league game, and today he had a very controlled 3pt play flipping up the basketball perfectly against the backboard through contact.

With his speed and soft touch and apparent ability to hit a step back jumper, he can be a very nice scorer off the bench. When he was interviewed he said he was focused on feeding his teamates, which means he is not as selfish as most of you claim he is. I think he has the tools to be a solid rotational player, better than Augustin, and if his development progresses, I could see Augustin lose his role in the depth charts
    Definitely. I honestly hope Casey doesn't deny Buyckes the minutes he needs to develop, he seems to be a far more interesting prospect than Acy.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://nba.si.com/2013/07/19/jonas-v...s-dwane-casey/

A good JV article from SI.

Small sample below:

"Every time the 7-foot Valanciunas, the No. 5 overall pick in the 2011 draft, has taken the court this week in Las Vegas, he’s done a handful of things to make the basketball traditionalist chuckle out loud. The pump fakes are breathtaking, but they have been only one of his many attributes on display. Valanciunas has shown the ability to make jump hooks with both hands, and the footwork necessary to set them up. The touch on his passes and the calm with which he handles double teams are rarely seen in a player with his size and strength. Defensively, he’s maintained a high effort level and diligently committed to finding a body to box out as to maximize his rebounding opportunities. He’s altered shots and shadowed pick-and-roll ball-handlers. And, it goes without saying, he’s outmuscled and overpowered virtually everyone he has come across this week.

Put simply, Valanciunas is the best player in this year’s summer league, and his development is progressing so well that Raptors coach Dwane Casey didn’t hesitate or hedge when asked to gauge his center’s ceiling.

“I see an All-Star in the making,” Casey told SI.com on Thursday. “He’s not there yet. … I think you’re going to see that [recognition] in the future. As he grows as a player, we’ll grow as a team.”"

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they should call him Micah "Ups" instead...

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    http://nba.si.com/2013/07/19/jonas-v...s-dwane-casey/

A good JV article from SI.

Small sample below:

"Every time the 7-foot Valanciunas, the No. 5 overall pick in the 2011 draft, has taken the court this week in Las Vegas, he’s done a handful of things to make the basketball traditionalist chuckle out loud. The pump fakes are breathtaking, but they have been only one of his many attributes on display. Valanciunas has shown the ability to make jump hooks with both hands, and the footwork necessary to set them up. The touch on his passes and the calm with which he handles double teams are rarely seen in a player with his size and strength. Defensively, he’s maintained a high effort level and diligently committed to finding a body to box out as to maximize his rebounding opportunities. He’s altered shots and shadowed pick-and-roll ball-handlers. And, it goes without saying, he’s outmuscled and overpowered virtually everyone he has come across this week.

Put simply, Valanciunas is the best player in this year’s summer league, and his development is progressing so well that Raptors coach Dwane Casey didn’t hesitate or hedge when asked to gauge his center’s ceiling.

“I see an All-Star in the making,” Casey told SI.com on Thursday. “He’s not there yet. … I think you’re going to see that [recognition] in the future. As he grows as a player, we’ll grow as a team.”"
    Nice find! A really fun read...My favorite part when you consider JV's youth

That prediction was delivered immediately after Valanciunas finished with15 points, 12 rebounds, three assists and two blocks in Toronto’s 95-78 win over Denver. Valanciunas took only seven shots but he was the game’s central force, as he has been all week.
    He has a huge impact on the game, even though he's still not being utilized that much, and certainly not as much as you'd expect him to be a season or two from now...I completely zone out into a little fantasy every time I think about what JV could do if he averaged around 15+ field goal attempts a game. It's just a matter of time...

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they should call him Micah "Ups" instead...
    waiting for white men can't jump comment.
    #FREE

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information