Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I'm all about building but getting a good pick by trading away some of the guys who won't be here in two years. Should this picture make me second guess that? It does a bit
    You really should second guess it.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Olynik is going to be a very special player in the league, Is Jared Sullinger still hurt?
      Very special....... because he's dominating Summer League? come on.

Olynyk will be nothing more than a bench guy in the NBA. That's it. He's actually pretty lucky that he plays for a rebuilding team like the Celtics. He's probably going to get at least 10-15 mins a game next season(i'm being nice).

He's nothing special.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Olynyk will be nothing more than a bench guy in the NBA. That's it. He's actually pretty lucky that he plays for a rebuilding team like the Celtics. He's probably going to get at least 10-15 mins a game next season(i'm being nice).

He's nothing special.
        What makes you come to that conclusion?

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
          What makes you come to that conclusion?
          I've seen enough basketball in my life to know.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

He's nothing special.
            That's a bit harsh. He's going to get big minutes at the 4 for the C's, they are tanking for god sake. He also still has room to expand his game. He needs to take care off the ball and play with more aggression tho

Comment

I've seen enough basketball in my life to know.
              Me too, played, watched ...and disagree. He'll be a good pro.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                That's a bit harsh. He's going to get big minutes at the 4 for the C's, they are tanking for god sake. He also still has room to expand his game. He needs to take care off the ball and play with more aggression tho
                The 5 is also a likely position for him... this would seem like a good year to develop Sullinger as well. He plays the 4.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  The 5 is also a likely position for him... this would seem like a good year to develop Sullinger as well. He plays the 4.
                  Olynk is a stretch 4. He can't rebound very well and he's lanky. In other words, he'd get destroyed at the 5

Comment

He's nothing special.
                    Olynyk is number one at the moment on NBA rookie ladder.

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt3c

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                      Olynyk is number one at the moment on NBA rookie ladder.

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt3c

Nice clip. Seems like a great guy.

Comment

• What's that famous quote about Summer League............It won't show you who can play in the NBA, it'll just show you who can't.

Comment

• Anyone else think Olynyk looks like Sarah Jessica Parker?

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
                            Anyone else think Olynyk looks like Sarah Jessica Parker?
                            Gosh...I don't think he's that ugly...is he?

Comment

• In other news, how about Myck Kabongo's disappearing act?

Starts Miami's first game, plays pretty terrible (0-4 from the field, 3-8 from the stripe in 24 minutes).

Comes off the bench in their second game, is again pretty invisible in 12 minutes (1-1 FG, 1 TO, 1 STL).

Can't even get in the game in their third game.

Coach gives him one more shot in game four, and he plays 11 minutes, goes 0-2 from the field and 0-4 from the line, no assists, and one turnover.

Game five he's (justifiably) glued to the bench again. That leaves him with a final summer league stat line of 48 minutes played, 5 points, .143 FG%, .250 FT%, and 4 AST.

I had bought into the hype a bit and thought he might be a decent signing for a 3rd string point guard, but for now it really doesn't look like he's an NBA talent.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                You really should second guess it.
                                Man, it's almost like professional athletes get paid to keep themselves in shape or something!

I kid, I kid. But seriously. I don't really care if DeMar and Rudy added more muscle; it's not like their lack of athleticism was a concern. It's a very nice photo and I'm glad the team are all friends, but show me evidence that they've learned to shoot threes really well and then I'll be impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X