Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
    That's the D-league Select team.
    Which is basically the left overs of the D-League after all the good players got contracts or invites to team camps...
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• After trying to find some info, first source I notice with it is Doug Smith. Oh well Doug. Today I actually got some information from your blog. Well done. So no one else has to add to his readership.

Word out of Vegas last night was that they are going to shut down Jonas Valanciunas for whatever’s left of the Summer League

The most important thing of this summer is that he did precisely what the coaches and team needed him to do: He’s bigger and stronger and that comes from working out constantly; he showed far better footwork at both ends of the court and that comes from a lot of drill work in the gym.

The decision to shut him down – and it might only be for the last game of the “tournament” that winds up the Summer League – makes sense because he needs a few days off, at least, before joining the Lithuanian national team for its training camp.

I would presume he’ll play an awful lot at Eurobasket – far more than he did at the London Olympics – and there’s no sense wearing him out before he gets there.

Dwane told me that he liked how Jonas had picked up the team’s zone defence principles better and how he’d become a better offensive quarterback out of the post, where I’m sure he’s going to see an awful lot of double teams in the coming season.
      http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...ant-items.html

Comment

• Removing Jonas from SL makes total sense, seeing as he now has to go for national team duties at Eurobasket. He's accomplished what he needed to do with the Raps at summer league.

Comment

• Now that's a tank...for the championship no less! So who plays C in SL? Quincy should give it a shot.

Comment

• I read in a lithuanian site that the league contacted JV about ''it's been fucked, man" comment and ordered him to explain himself, JV decided to act a fool and said that in Lithuanian slang fucked means good/benefitial and they let him go with a warning. And as a lithuanian i'll clarify: fucked in no way means good, it also means fucked. PS it would really suck if JV left the summer league early, it's a real pleasure watching him dominate those scrubs

Comment

• vykis wrote: View Post
              i read in a lithuanian site that the league contacted jv about ''it's been fucked, man" comment and ordered him to explain himself, jv decided to act a fool and said that in lithuanian slang fucked means good/benefitial and they let him go with a warning. And as a lithuanian i'll clarify: Fucked in no way means good, it also means fucked. ps it would really suck if jv left the summer league early, it's a real pleasure watching him dominate those scrubs
              lol JV is the greatest

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

whats the point in that when theres only 3 days left. let him play out.

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                  I think even he would tell you it's a waste of his time.

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                    Summer League means next to nothing. The Raps don't want to risk an injury to JV because of summer league, when he has more important games (Eurobasket, then preseason, then regular season) to worry about. He needs to rest or risk injury.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Summer League means next to nothing. The Raps don't want to risk an injury to JV because of summer league, when he has more important games (Eurobasket, then preseason, then regular season) to worry about. He needs to rest or risk injury.
                      with that logic they shouldnt have even played him in the first place

Comment

• I hope they shut him down.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm not entirely clear why JV was there in the first place. There was a play yesterday where he moved three guys across the lane. I don't even think he was trying when he did it. Clearly, though, he's prepped to take a big jump this season, so that's awesome. Having been a Raps fan for so long, I forgot what it was like to have an elite talent on the team. It seems like Bosh and Carter have been gone for about 20 years.

Comment

• "Summer League is fucked up man" -JV

Ross and Acy have to show what they can do, cause so far they just look like developing trade assets.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              "Summer League is fucked up man" -JV

Ross and Acy have to show what they can do, cause so far they just look like developing trade assets.
                              This is what they can do.

Comment

• Shutting him down early might suck for the people that want to watch him play and bet summer league MVP And lead us to a championship....

BUT, it just shows that he has done everything the Raptors wanted him to do and they dont need him to get too comfy with the pace of summer league.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X