Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Plus the fact that the Raps already have JV. So it doesn't make sense for them to draft another C.

When the Warriors took Barnes at 7th. The guy that i was hoping the Raps would take at 8th was Rivers. Lamb was my 2nd choice. Ross at 8th was a surprise.
    If we're going to eliminate hindsight arguments (and fair enough, hindsight is 20/20 after all), I still think it was a terrible choice.

As an IRON CLAD RULE, a may-God-smite-you-with-Araujo-if-you-disobey rule, you never -- let me bold that -- never, draft for or around position. You have 8 C's on the team and Drummond is the BPA? Guess who you're drafting...

It's one thing to say there were serious concerns about his ability to transition to the NBA (there was some credence to this given his college performance alone), it's another to package that with an argument from positional necessity to justify foregoing him for Ross.

And as long as we're making no-hindsight-aloud arguments -- it was common knowledge that the Pistons (as well as several other teams above us in the lottery) coveted Drummond. Even if you were going to swing him for Ross/Lamb immediately, the smart move was still to pick Drummond first and then either get an additional asset in the trade, or at a bare minimum, pay Ross in a lower salary bracket.

Reaching for anyone, Ross or otherwise, when such a highly coveted player was still on the board, was (and is proving to be more-so every day) a crippling moment in Raptors history.

Comment

• firstrowsports has the stream tonight

Comment

• I hope Ross is defending Mclemore, he's been struggling lots so I wanna see if Ross can make that continue.

Comment

• wow I forgot how bad jv's English was

Comment

• Buyck's starting as well.

Comment

• Buycks will start

Comment

• Who's guarding JV? JV's like twice his size

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                  Who's guarding JV? JV's like twice his size
                  Some 7 footer. He's actually taller than him.

Comment

• Byucks with a nice 3. too bad it didn't count :/

Comment

• Ross still has a lot to learn. He needs to stop forcing his offense.

Comment

• All the announcers in the past 3 games have given Toronto high praise.

Comment

• Isiah sucking up to BC....

no homo you dirtbag.

Comment

• Nice full court heave panic pass from Ross early in the shot clock

Comment

• Acy shooting 3s? WTF? Let's hope he doesn't attempt those in the regular season!

Comment

• Nice block by JV BTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X