Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Breakout Star: Jonas Valanciunas

Every year, there are one or two players who stand out and leave you gushing about them to anyone who asks. This year it was Toronto's Jonas Valanciunas. Not his numbers or any particular highlights, just ... when you watched the summer Raptors, Jonas looked one or two levels above anyone else on the court. Stronger than anyone, in great shape, and still quick enough to create for himself in the post. People have been talking about his potential for the past two years, but after a year in Europe and then a decent rookie season last year, it finally makes sense.

Sports Illustrated called him the MVP of the week, and with 22 teams playing 61 games in Vegas, he was the one guy who looked like a future superstar. One day soon, we will all have to learn how to spell "Valanciunas."

Related: The Raptors should find a way to get rid of Rudy Gay, fake an injury to Kyle Lowry so they can tank properly next year, then luck into hometown hero Andrew Wiggins and take over the world from 2015-20.

Right? Maybe?

You know Masai Ujiri is tempted.
    ugh this bit killed me because it's totally true
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Ian Clark is HOT!

Comment

• Wooo!!
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Wow, nice

Comment

• You left out the best part from the grantland article. Right at the end before they moved on to other players...
            "Beyond Jonas Christ Superstar, there was also ..."

How did we not come up with that?

Comment

• WoW congrats JV, i believed he deserved but i didn't believe for a second he would get it. Thought Bazemore or goudelock would get it. It seems US media go out of their way to ignore the raptors. Who votes for that one anyways ? BIG V WILL NOT BE IGNORED.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                WoW congrats JV, i believed he deserved but i didn't believe for a second he would get it. Thought Bazemore or goudelock would get it. It seems US media go out of their way to ignore the raptors. Who votes for that one anyways ? BIG V WILL NOT BE IGNORED.
                Actually bazemore won it but the card changed itself miraculously

Comment

• Ian Clark with 33 of the bench.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Wooo!!
                    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...league-mvp.nba

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                      WoW congrats JV, i believed he deserved but i didn't believe for a second he would get it. Thought Bazemore or goudelock would get it. It seems US media go out of their way to ignore the raptors. Who votes for that one anyways ? BIG V WILL NOT BE IGNORED.
                      Damn their US bias, why don't they talk about a juggernaut like the Raptors all these years.

Comment

• "Joe"-nas Valanciunas . You would think one of the NBA's top reporters would be able to pronounce his name correctly.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          "Joe"-nas Valanciunas . You would think one of the NBA's top reporters would be able to pronounce his name correctly.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            I wa so about to post that. Needs to be his theme song!
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Ian Clark is HOT!
                              loool, does have a nice smile xD
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                                i dont get it 9 points 3 turnovers and 4 boards
                                we've all seen flashes of pure talent and potential and maybe even hints of promise (during the past season) but damn come on you've got to do better t ross
                                He's not doing better because he's NOT GOOD.

Jesus when will people understand that we completely blew it by picking him?

Comment

Working...
                                X