No announcement yet.

Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one that thinks everyone's being too hard on ross ........
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I don't want to sound like a broken record here but the Raptors are misusing Ross just like they're misusing Acy. Ross is not a 1 on 1 player. He's a catch and shoot guy a lot like Morris Peterson. That's the guy he should watch.
      I don't think they drafted him with the 8th pick to be like Morris Peterson. Whether he is just a catch and shoot guy is tbd, but the organization is doing the right thing by exploring what his potential might be.

Comment

• Anyone catch Matty D calling the Nuggets-Pelicans game? Would be interesting to see him call our game tomorrow..

So we play (as Devlin said) the 22-th seeded Nuggets tomorrow 6PM, Jordan Hamilton looking pretty good for them right now.

Comment

I don't want to sound like a broken record here but the Raptors are misusing Ross just like they're misusing Acy. Ross is not a 1 on 1 player. He's a catch and shoot guy a lot like Morris Peterson. That's the guy he should watch.
          it kinda seems like they've made it clear to ross/acy/JV to work on a specific something.

JV - post play
          Ross - driving to hoop in halfcourt/creating off dribble
          Acy - taking terrible fadeaway jumpers

could be just in my head though, who knows. remember how MU kept saying he wants to evaluate what he has?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Did JV just say: it was fuck? lol
            DeMar: "Here with my man JV, summa league"
            DeMar: "Hows it been so far?"
            JV: "Its been Fucked man"
            *Everybody rolls on the floor laughing*

That shit was awesome hahaha

Comment

• JV is MVP of summer league so far!

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...717/daily-dime
              This is really good news for the Raps and for Canada as a whole. It could mean some coverage from the US media in the future if he continues to grow his game, as he seems to be doing.

Guess BC did leave us something good after all!

With people thinking that bigs in the NBA is a dying breed, it's nice to have a potential all star big on our side..

Who was the best big to ever play for the Raps? Do you think JV have the potential of surpassing that player?

Comment

• Nice that people are taking notice, lets hope his play will translate vs. the legit NBA talent he will face for 35 minutes a night.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• he cant be double teamed as much with nba talent on his team so its probably something he is capable of

Comment

• I agree. But he seems to not be afraid of contact. Hope that is not going to be his undoing.

Comment

• Praise the Lord and Alex Mc-what's-his-face! Looks like the training JV has done with Alex is paying off.

Comment

• d749 wrote: View Post
                        he cant be double teamed as much with nba talent on his team so its probably something he is capable of
                        Lol love your pic. Was that taken with that exact background in mind or was it a stroke of luck?

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...717/daily-dime
                          This is really good news for the Raps and for Canada as a whole. It could mean some coverage from the US media in the future if he continues to grow his game, as he seems to be doing.

Guess BC did leave us something good after all!

With people thinking that bigs in the NBA is a dying breed, it's nice to have a potential all star big on our side..

Who was the best big to ever play for the Raps? Do you think JV have the potential of surpassing that player?
                          Obviously Bosh is the best big we've ever had but if you mean just the center position, then it's wide open. Antonio Davis was likely the best of them and JV should definitely surpass him.

It's nice to see JV getting respect from down south, even if it's just D-League attention. I saw similar things said on SI, so JV is definitely turning some heads.

D-League is only barely ahead of the Drew league in terms of barometer for NBA success, but the fact that one guy even mentioned JV as Most Improved in 2014 is big. JV certainly looks like he could be a match-up nightmare in the east that lacks true centers.

The Knicks have Tyson Chandler but god how I hope we can have a JV-Bargnani on the block stretch.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Careful with your optimism. This is Summer League, where you find who can't play...not who CAN play. Right now JV is a man among boys. Lets be hopeful but not overly optimistic.
                            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

• Josh Selby was co-winner of the SL MVP last season.... and he didn't even make it through all of last season in the league.

It is great to see but as everyone says, "Its summer league."

Comment

• It is one thing for a guy to be scoring the ball when they have it in their hands all the time (Shelby), but Jonas is showing an improved frame and an ability to finish left handed as well. He is still 2 back to the basket moves away from being a legit post threat, but his face up game of running hooks is pretty refined. He will carry over most of what he is doing in the Summer league to regular season, and I am sure he will still frustrate us with some silly fouls and too many turnovers, but he is on the right path.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X