Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer League 2013

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Because they're misusing him just like Acy.

Raptors coaching staff along with Ross needs to watch Morris Peterson tapes.
    Summer league is partly meant for misusing NBA-level players

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Top 10 SG in the league is mediocre?
    I'd even argue that he's top 5. And the 2nd best under 25 after Harden.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ross can't even perform well in Summer League he's definitely not a part of this core going forwards. Even some scrubs have dominated some of these games.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Top 10 SG in the league is mediocre?
    Demar would not have played serious minutes on any playoff team; there were sixteen playoff teams; therefore he is not top ten

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo whatsup with these stupid camera cuts?
    I want to see the whole floor at once, not a zoomed in floor camera in the middle of the action.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't agree with that at all. His ballhandling is better. They've clearly been working on that with him. I also think his speed is fine...it doesn't look like he has avoided conditioning.
    his ballhandling looks better against these scrubs? to me it looks like he hasnt done anything.. he looks worse than most of the players out there and he was a lottery pick.. watching this game it looks like alot of hyperactive stupid low iq basketball players

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

the camera cuts are for 50 minute replays of miami heats playoff performances. bc that's all americans will watch.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Demar would not have played serious minutes on any playoff team; there were sixteen playoff teams; therefore he is not top ten
    You guys gotta call USA basketball and clue them in to what they apparently don't have a clue about.

9. Like Dino4life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone provide a link? I'm at FirstRow right now but they don't have the game listed.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    his ballhandling looks better against these scrubs? to me it looks like he hasnt done anything.. he looks worse than most of the players out there and he was a lottery pick.. watching this game it looks like alot of hyperactive stupid low iq basketball players
    Yes. He was a disaster anytime he had to handle the ball in any situation that wasn't driving straight down an open lane. He would even lose it on his own sometimes, without the D doing anything. His ballhandling is clearly better.

And summer league is a lot of low iq bball players. After all, many of them do not have NBA contracts, and do not even play in the best Euro clubs. This breeds a chaotic, crappy quality of basketball. That doesn't mean you can't evaluate people's skills.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

also ross had his hands on his hips and was huffing and puffing the entire time he was on the floor in the second quarter.. everything he did looked lazy, hense my conditioning comment

Post Thanks / Like

his ballhandling looks better against these scrubs? to me it looks like he hasnt done anything..
    he used to barely get a chance to do any dribble pen. good to see him working w/ Mckee w/ pushing up the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Can someone provide a link? I'm at FirstRow right now but they don't have the game listed.
    http://lsh.streamhunter.eu/static/po...871349290.html

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    http://www.streamhunter.eu/basketbal...ing-video.html

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's fair for other teams w/ JV on the team this summer...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    And DeRozan isn't mediocre. Name 10 better starting shooting guards last year. Actually I'll make it easy for you and just ask for 5. I'll even start you off with Kobe, Wade, Harden.
    Danny Green, Wesley Matthews, Klay Thompson, J.J. Redick, Gerald Henderson, Kevin Martin, Tony Allen, Paul Pierce, Manu Ginobli, OJ Mayo... this is really sort of an easy game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar would be the best shooting guard on the following playoff teams:

New York (similar production to Smith, but DeMar is far more consistent and Smith was terrible in the playoffs because he wasn't on a hotstreak)

Indiana (you really think they wouldn't start him over Lance are you crazy?)

Nets (Joe Johnson is washed up at this point and DeMar is a far better player, also has more ability to play off ball and come off screens which is ideal next to Deron)

Bulls (I'm not even gonna waste my time explaining this, they were DYING for scoring)

Hawks (Basically the worst shooting guard rotation in the playoffs)

Celtics (he would most definitely start over Bradley and his PER of 9 (especially since Doc loves DD))

Bucks (this is one that's debatable, although I think the Bucks would use Ellis in a 6th man role if they had DeMar)

Spurs (yes he would start over Danny Green)

Thunder (another team that needed a secondary scorer badly, DeMar would start)

Nuggets (most definitely would start especially with Gallo out and little perimeter scoring)

Grizzlies (there is no way Tony Allen would start over him despite his defense)

Clippers (Willie Green or DeRozan?)

Warriors (Warriors might opt to have Klay for the 3 ball, but DeRozan is the better player)

Lakers (with Kobe out of course he would start).

The only playoff teams he wouldn't have started for are the Heat and Rockets. Now please stop being foolish.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want JV to go for 40 and 15..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds so ridiculous.....Try all the teams in the East he would play a significant amount of time there are only a handful of SGs that were better than DeMar last season.

Post Thanks / Like

also ross had his hands on his hips and was huffing and puffing the entire time he was on the floor in the second quarter.. everything he did looked lazy, hense my conditioning comment
    And how much did he sit in that 1st half? It's still fast-paced basketball. He was conditioned for playing roughly 15-20 minutes during the season. He probably got about that time just in the 1st half. I mean, you can't simulate game conditions when you work out on your own. No exercise is an adequate substitute.

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information