Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Summer Plans

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I have found Landry Fields' summer plans.



    I really hope between the singing, dancing, acting, impersonating, wedding planning, preparing to become a father, and tending to pregnant fiancee he has found time to rehabilitate his elbow/arm and relocated the whereabouts of his jump shot.

    Honestly, this does not make me feel optimistic.... at all.
    It could be that Fields is making his non-basketball related activities more public than most players, which gives us the impression that he's wasting precious off-season time.

    Or at least, I hope this is the case....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  2. Like ceez, NoPropsneeded, isaacthompson liked this post
  3. #22
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He can do what he wants with his off-season...it's HIS
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  4. #23
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    He can do what he wants with his off-season...it's HIS
    Whaaa...Like, without even consulting the fans? I call bullsh&t. There is a long list of things that Raptor fans DEMAND that he do. And none of those things involve singing and dancing on some TV show.

  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Whaaa...Like, without even consulting the fans? I call bullsh&t. There is a long list of things that Raptor fans DEMAND that he do. And none of those things involve singing and dancing on some TV show.
    Well, that's a real shame cause it looks like that's what he's doing regardless. Haha
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dancing and Singing are great was to train...dancing will whip him into shape and singing will help him learn to carry his voice, which he'll need on the court to be heard over all the screaming fans and what not..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    He can do what he wants with his off-season...it's HIS
    You're right.

    It just makes him a shitty professional athlete - assumption he is not getting back to his rookie form.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  8. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Didn't know where to put this....

    What the hell is an associate head coach?? I've been hearing about these kind of hirings a lot lately. Have I been blind all these years or is this something new?

  9. #28
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Didn't know where to put this....

    What the hell is an associate head coach?? I've been hearing about these kind of hirings a lot lately. Have I been blind all these years or is this something new?
    Fancy way of saying lead assistant.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  10. #29
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Didn't know where to put this....

    What the hell is an associate head coach?? I've been hearing about these kind of hirings a lot lately. Have I been blind all these years or is this something new?
    Quite possibly a way to negate poaching by other teams. This title would need a "head coach" offer before permission is granted. It also looks better on the resume!

  11. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You're right.

    It just makes him a shitty professional athlete - assumption he is not getting back to his rookie form.
    If that's all he was doing over the summer, but it would seem to be a rather small piece of it. It would seem like nothing but who the fk cares gossip fodder.

  12. #31
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    If that's all he was doing over the summer, but it would seem to be a rather small piece of it. It would seem like nothing but who the fk cares gossip fodder.
    I agree. I threw in the assumption part to basically highlight I was making an assumption. I'd be shocked if fields was not the consummate professional.

  13. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you really want to get into another snark & sarcasm fest? *head shake*

  14. #33
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    Do you really want to get into another snark & sarcasm fest? *head shake*
    No. I don't.

    I was being 100% sincere as I am now.

    My apologies if it was taken as anything but.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •