Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Anybody try JW Blue?
    Just finished a bottle. It's half price in Alberta, so if you're ever out there it's worth picking up. I wouldn't pay Ontario price for it
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Hey Scotch aficionados....anyone imbibed in Japanese whiskies. Last year I first noticed they were getting great acclaim for their products. The one below got the "best of 2015" tag (whatever that means!). Truth be told I'd be priced out but willing to hear of experiences.... and salivate!!

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        Just finished a bottle. It's half price in Alberta, so if you're ever out there it's worth picking up. I wouldn't pay Ontario price for it
        is it worth it its 300 in Ontario and i heard its not as good as Black or a good value as Green ( might be confusing colors, i go by price and avoid gold )

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Hey Scotch aficionados....anyone imbibed in Japanese whiskies. Last year I first noticed they were getting great acclaim for their products. The one below got the "best of 2015" tag (whatever that means!). Truth be told I'd be priced out but willing to hear of experiences.... and salivate!!

will pick some up, heard really good things about it. Basically Japanese taking over Scotch from the scots

Comment

will pick some up, heard really good things about it. Basically Japanese taking over Scotch from the scots
            How easy is it to get this stuff though? It's not just a trip to the lcbo right?

Also 999, it's better than black. It's fantastic, I just think there's better out there for the price.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              How easy is it to get this stuff though? It's not just a trip to the lcbo right?

Also 999, it's better than black. It's fantastic, I just think there's better out there for the price.
              LCBO lists it for 70 buck @ 750ml but isnt available in Ontario, it is in Calgary though ( no LCBO ). Heard its better just to go to source in Buffalo and then smuggle it over. There are a few spirits LCBO wont carry. Im going to pick up a blue next time im in Calgary . Also heard duty free sell Jap Whiskey

Comment

LCBO lists it for 70 buck @ 750ml but isnt available in Ontario, it is in Calgary though ( no LCBO ). Heard its better just to go to source in Buffalo and then smuggle it over. There are a few spirits LCBO wont carry. Im going to pick up a blue next time im in Calgary . Also heard duty free sell Jap Whiskey
                Just to mention that is the 12 yr. old but obviously good enuff for a gargle

Cheaper than I thought though.

Comment

Just to mention that is the 12 yr. old but obviously good enuff for a gargle

Cheaper than I thought though.
                  Heard Whiskey age is really hard to evaluate without tasting. Under 20 years being better than over in alot of cases

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    Something weird is happening since I merged this thread ... I see that slaw and ceez have posted in the Bonkers for Bourbon thread, but they are not showing up in this thread where it was all merged too .... not sure what happened.
                    You were clearly enjoying a single malt or two when you merged the threads.

Comment

Post #2 in this thread was me sharing just how wonderful and lovely the Yamazaki 18 is. Easily my favourite Single Malt. Which is tough to say as an Islay aficionado.

Comment

Anybody try JW Blue?
                        Not a blend fan at all. So all the JWs are off for me. Heard so many talk up the Blue and when I tried it I was so severely underwhelmed.

Comment

Apparently a little shot of liquid smoke, vanilla and Sherry added to cheap whiskery takes it close to good scotch.
                          LOL If the drinker has never actually tasted good scotch maybe.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            LOL If the drinker has never actually tasted good scotch maybe.
                            Better than moonshine.

Comment

Anybody try JW Blue?
                              Somebody's ripping off Labbat's Blue?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Somebody's ripping off Labbat's Blue?
                                I could pee in a cup and be accused of ripping off Labbats. LOL

Johnny Walker Blue is basically the highest end of their Whiskeys (Blends). Like over $200 a bottle, and its still a big MEH.

Comment

Working...
                                X