• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also don't put scotch in the freezer that's bush league
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      Don't include me in that, man. I'm pretty sure I'm only a few years older than you. haha
      besides you of course lol

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        Ive been looking for one of those ice cube trays that makes the big round cube (cube?) because it melts slower but haven't found one that isn't a tray for a single cube.
        http://www.amazon.com/Kotobuki-Spher...=pd_sim_misc_4

i once found disposable ice bags, that you fill up with water, and it makes spherical cubes... albeit, kinda small and they come out misshapen a bit... so probably not ideal

Comment

I could kiss you, Heinz
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Making me miss Edinburgh and my lack of memories.....

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I don't follow?
              My bad. It wasn't meant to be directed at you, necesarily. Just a genral question.

Was answered below

WJF wrote: View Post
              I think that most "dads" are older and have moved on from drinking out at the clubs and to party, to sipping drinks and appreciating the flavours more. I use to destroy a bottle of Canadian Club and ginger ale back in the day, now my tastes have refined and when and why I drink have changed.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i'm going to nashville in aug and am going to drink SO much bourbon its going to be awesome
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wonderful thread. Love my single malt. Picked this up a duty free last night actually coming back from the US of A.

For a couple of solid whiskey options, try the Swedish whiskey "Mackmyra"

And for a good American one, try Chatoe Rogue out of Oregon. Its good stuff.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Wonderful thread. Love my single malt. Picked this up a duty free last night actually coming back from the US of A.

For a couple of solid whiskey options, try the Swedish whiskey "Mackmyra"

And for a good American one, try Chatoe Rogue out of Oregon. Its good stuff.

The first picture didn't work, but having checked the link, it appears you were trying to post a picture of Macallan-18 year Scotch? ... Nothing finer has graced these lips in my opinion. Great pick up. How much was that Duty Free?

Will try out both the Mackmyra and Chatoe Rogue, since your tastes have been tested and confirmed with the Macallan bottle. Haha

Comment

i had one of the lower tier macallan's when i was younger and wasn't a big fan. that was before i really got into single malts in general though.

in the past few months i picked up a few bottles that i've really enjoyed. my favorites were

ardbeg alligator. so smokey and peaty and ughhhh delicious.

bruichladdich octomore comus. crazy potent. this is a big, BIG scotch. powerful. makes you feel dangerous when you drink it. you pretty much NEED to toss a splash of water in it, but it does make it that much better.

bruichladdich port charlotte 9. the flavour in this is unbelievable. maybe my favorite scotch ever? it's incredible. if you can find it, i highly recommend it.

not a big rye drinking but i do enjoy bulleit or pretty much anything forty creek makes. i mentioned it before but the copper pot stuff is awesome. insane value too.

as far as bourbon goes i only started drinking it this year but im really digging what four roses brings to the table, especially their single batch and single barrel bottles. really reasonable too, price wise.

i think my favorite ive had though is booker's. it's a little pricey but good lord. fantastic stuff.

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        The first picture didn't work, but having checked the link, it appears you were trying to post a picture of Macallan-18 year Scotch? ... Nothing finer has graced these lips in my opinion. Great pick up. How much was that Duty Free?
                        $125 for the bottle. Was at the LCBO a couple months back and saw it for just under $200. The $125 was a sale though which baffled me because MacAllen's never goes on sale anywhere.

Comment

Sweet sweet duty free liquor
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ya, I was over in Ireland last month, and had me a grand ol' time tasting different Irish Whiskeys. A lot of them, you can only get IN Ireland, or online, so it was nice to sample the lot.

This bottle of Redbreast was especially delightful:

Picked up a couple bottles of Bushmills and Tyrconell's, Duty Free. Nothing quite like Irish Whiskey. Its got a finish all its own.

Comment

i like to take a bottle of jameson's camping
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

A buddy of mine got me into scotch, single malt. Never thought I could enjoy the stuff but after attending a couple of tastings I have come to appreciate it much more. I would definitely recommend trying a tasting if you haven't done it before. Whether it be with a true connoisseur, or just a bunch of friends all trying out each others favorite bottle, it's a great way to enjoy a glass of scotch.

I usually drink scotch straight, or with a drop or water for the stronger and peatier whiskies. I prefer the lighter ones, the Lasanta and Quinta Ruban from Glenmorangie are pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X