Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Whisky thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't follow?
    My bad. It wasn't meant to be directed at you, necesarily. Just a genral question.

Was answered below

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I think that most "dads" are older and have moved on from drinking out at the clubs and to party, to sipping drinks and appreciating the flavours more. I use to destroy a bottle of Canadian Club and ginger ale back in the day, now my tastes have refined and when and why I drink have changed.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm going to nashville in aug and am going to drink SO much bourbon its going to be awesome
    @jerboat

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful thread. Love my single malt. Picked this up a duty free last night actually coming back from the US of A.

For a couple of solid whiskey options, try the Swedish whiskey "Mackmyra"

And for a good American one, try Chatoe Rogue out of Oregon. Its good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Wonderful thread. Love my single malt. Picked this up a duty free last night actually coming back from the US of A.

For a couple of solid whiskey options, try the Swedish whiskey "Mackmyra"

And for a good American one, try Chatoe Rogue out of Oregon. Its good stuff.

The first picture didn't work, but having checked the link, it appears you were trying to post a picture of Macallan-18 year Scotch? ... Nothing finer has graced these lips in my opinion. Great pick up. How much was that Duty Free?

Will try out both the Mackmyra and Chatoe Rogue, since your tastes have been tested and confirmed with the Macallan bottle. Haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

i had one of the lower tier macallan's when i was younger and wasn't a big fan. that was before i really got into single malts in general though.

in the past few months i picked up a few bottles that i've really enjoyed. my favorites were

ardbeg alligator. so smokey and peaty and ughhhh delicious.

bruichladdich octomore comus. crazy potent. this is a big, BIG scotch. powerful. makes you feel dangerous when you drink it. you pretty much NEED to toss a splash of water in it, but it does make it that much better.

bruichladdich port charlotte 9. the flavour in this is unbelievable. maybe my favorite scotch ever? it's incredible. if you can find it, i highly recommend it.

not a big rye drinking but i do enjoy bulleit or pretty much anything forty creek makes. i mentioned it before but the copper pot stuff is awesome. insane value too.

as far as bourbon goes i only started drinking it this year but im really digging what four roses brings to the table, especially their single batch and single barrel bottles. really reasonable too, price wise.

i think my favorite ive had though is booker's. it's a little pricey but good lord. fantastic stuff.

@jerboat

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    The first picture didn't work, but having checked the link, it appears you were trying to post a picture of Macallan-18 year Scotch? ... Nothing finer has graced these lips in my opinion. Great pick up. How much was that Duty Free?
    $125 for the bottle. Was at the LCBO a couple months back and saw it for just under $200. The $125 was a sale though which baffled me because MacAllen's never goes on sale anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet sweet duty free liquor

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I was over in Ireland last month, and had me a grand ol' time tasting different Irish Whiskeys. A lot of them, you can only get IN Ireland, or online, so it was nice to sample the lot.

This bottle of Redbreast was especially delightful:

Picked up a couple bottles of Bushmills and Tyrconell's, Duty Free. Nothing quite like Irish Whiskey. Its got a finish all its own.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

i like to take a bottle of jameson's camping
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A buddy of mine got me into scotch, single malt. Never thought I could enjoy the stuff but after attending a couple of tastings I have come to appreciate it much more. I would definitely recommend trying a tasting if you haven't done it before. Whether it be with a true connoisseur, or just a bunch of friends all trying out each others favorite bottle, it's a great way to enjoy a glass of scotch.

I usually drink scotch straight, or with a drop or water for the stronger and peatier whiskies. I prefer the lighter ones, the Lasanta and Quinta Ruban from Glenmorangie are pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    ive heard mixed reviews on japanese whisky, but i would like to try some. i heard they're not particularly peaty though, i love me some peat.
    This is a little delayed, but you are absolutely correct. However, there is a still a nice hint of smoke.

As for Peat, you ever tried Laphroaig's? There is nothing peat-ier on the market in my opinion. I'm not always looking for heavy peat, but when I do, I go with Laphroaig's. Any of them. Even the 10-Year is a fantastic Whiskey. The 15 (which they discontinued) was also a dream.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked up a bottle of Glenfiddich 18 to go along with a box of Romeo et Julieta Cigars I picked up while in NYC.

Should be a classy weekend.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This is a little delayed, but you are absolutely correct. However, there is a still a nice hint of smoke.

As for Peat, you ever tried Laphroaig's? There is nothing peat-ier on the market in my opinion. I'm not always looking for heavy peat, but when I do, I go with Laphroaig's. Any of them. Even the 10-Year is a fantastic Whiskey. The 15 (which they discontinued) was also a dream.
    yeah the laphroaigs are great. my favorite (and somehow cheapest) is the quarter cask. it's excellent.

when it comes to peat monsters i have the ardbeg corryvechan and alligator, and two bruichladdich octomore's at home. now those are peaty. good lord the peat. love them.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

i just picked this bottle up at the lcbo last week. really great value buy at $90. it's actually a new scotch, only 3 years old but it drinks like a 10 year old. fantastic stuff. i highly recommend it.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm surprised no one has done this yet, a little themed music:

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

this my shittt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information