No announcement yet.

Raptors coaching staff makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colangelo let Smitch continue on for quite sometime. so this isn't an unfamiliar route in Raptorsland.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
      Ujiri should fire everybody. They were all hired by Colangelo. Their loyalty is at least divided. But it doesn't matter who coaches this bunch. Ujiri needs to get rid of the roster and bring in some good players before he worries about who the ol' ball coach is.
      This isn't ancient Rome. I'm sure everyone is more loyal to their pay check than they are Caesar
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

He probably wants his own coach. If he wants playoffs next year, it would likely be a wise choice

Comment

If he keeps Casey, in my opinion, it might mean he is shaking things up over the next year. He can make the roster changes he wants with a lame duck in place and sign the coach he wants with the roster he wants next season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            If he keeps Casey, in my opinion, it might mean he is shaking things up over the next year. He can make the roster changes he wants with a lame duck in place and sign the coach he wants with the roster he wants next season.
            Thats what I was thinking. Maybe he'll wait and rebuild the team before getting the coach he wants

Comment

Or he realizes Casey is a good coach and is willing to give him a chance I mean he is the only Raptor beside Mckhenie that has or was involved with a championship team. Casey is not a bad coach get over it people.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Or he realizes Casey is a good coach and is willing to give him a chance I mean he is the only Raptor beside Mckhenie that has or was involved with a championship team. Casey is not a bad coach get over it people.
                +1
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

From the media tweets it's obvious Casey will get another year, and I think that's smart. It's too late to get in on the coaching carousel as the best candidate in my eyes (Budenholzer) was already hired by Atlanta, and we still have teams like Brooklyn looking for a coach that have much more desirable rosters. It took Doc Rivers 4 terrible years in Boston before he got the Big 3 and all of a sudden became one of the best coaches in the NBA. Doc had also recently been fired after a disastrous season in Orlando. So what I'm trying to say is, don't judge Casey just based on last season, where he was given a shit sandwich roster that turned into a shit filled burrito halfway through the season. He could end up being a Doc Rivers quality great coach if just given a decent well constructed roster.

Comment

This isn't ancient Rome. I'm sure everyone is more loyal to their pay check than they are Caesar
                    It's funny that you used this example because the majority of Roman Emperors were either poisoned, assassinated or the senate turned on them. Let's hope Ujiri lasts longer than Julius

Comment

Apparently one of Ujiri's strengths in Denver was that there was cohesiveness in thought between the coach, players and front office regarding how the assembled personnel were best suited to play. UJiri knows this team/org. some and probably has an idea how he wants this team to play and where he wants to go with changes. I am sure he shall want to know how Casey wants to play (I think BC did not give free reign with the team). Based on these discussions the Casey decision will be made. I however see him keeping Casey since he shall also have his hands full with all the top heavy "talent evaluating group" that BC had assembled. He'll probably take an axe there before the coaching staff.

Comment

I think he'll retool the roster before cutting casey. might as well keep him on for his last year.
                        Last edited by ceez; Fri May 31, 2013, 10:15 PM.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You guys know that Casey learned under George Karl right? Masai and Karl are tight. Just saying.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                            Ujiri should fire everybody. They were all hired by Colangelo. Their loyalty is at least divided. But it doesn't matter who coaches this bunch. Ujiri needs to get rid of the roster and bring in some good players before he worries about who the ol' ball coach is.
                            Yes... Let's just get rid of everyone cuz it's SOOOO EASSSSYYY to fire everyone and replace everyone.... Some Raptors fans are so delusional... They make it sound like good basketball players and good basketball executives grow on trees and we can just hand pick him. If only it were that easy...
                            Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Fri May 31, 2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

The real question is: what do you think Masai's first move will be?

Ps. I dont know how to start a thread on an iphone, so there. lol.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                You guys know that Casey learned under George Karl right? Masai and Karl are tight. Just saying.
                                That was some time ago (Karl & Casey in Seattle). Coaches (as people) evolve. So being tight has nothing to do with with change if it is needed. Near as I can tell, Karl has remained an offensive minded coach while Casey became noted as a defensive one. This is discounting how much Karl & Casey have communicated thru the years or if Ujiri and Casey have any personal relationship. My only point was/is adaptability. Everyone needs to be on the same page and the team must have personnel who are capable of executing a particular style of play. If not, recognize & change. That is going to be Ujiri's challenge which is not going to be easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X