Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raptors to use the "stretch provision" on Fields!

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tank mode is not activated unless Gay is traded for picks and expiring contracts. Im pretty sure MU is retooling here and with the Bargs trade, we have some more flexibility and 3 new draft picks for when we are in the thick of contention.

I expect him to move either Demar or Lowry (or both), but not for expiring, rather for better players (Paul Milsap, Afflalo).
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Tank mode is not activated unless Gay is traded for picks and expiring contracts. Im pretty sure MU is retooling here and with the Bargs trade, we have some more flexibility and 3 new draft picks for when we are in the thick of contention.

I expect him to move either Demar or Lowry (or both), but not for expiring, rather for better players (Paul Milsap, Afflalo).
    Afflalo is a good player but he is not as good as Demar. In fact, he has some of the same flaws.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Afflalo is a good player but he is not as good as Demar. In fact, he has some of the same flaws.
    I was thinking Demar for Milsap, Lowry for Afflalo
    I would agree, I would prefer Demar > Afflalo

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking Demar for Milsap, Lowry for Afflalo
    I would agree, I would prefer Demar > Afflalo
    I see, I see. Yeah that wouldn't be bad at all.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm... Well I heard a rumor we wanted to go after Chris Copeland, the stretch provision would help us sign him and he would take Landrys minutes anyways.

Lowry
    Derozan/Ross
    Gay/Copeland
    Amir/Novak
    Val/Amir

and since we still have the MLE available, signing Marreese Speights and Gal Mekel will round out the roster!
    With all of this being said, I still don't see the direction this team is heading in. All I know is, Masai is NOT tanking. Novak & three picks is along the lines of re-tooling.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    With all of this being said, I still don't see the direction this team is heading in. All I know is, Masai is NOT tanking. Novak & three picks is along the lines of re-tooling.
    Actually it's not three pick. It only the first round pick. The official trade, ATM, is Bargnani for Camby, Novak and 2016 first round pick. The two second round picks are no longer involved in the trade unfortunately....

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure that the Novak trade points to tinker as opposed to tank. The real tank questions start if Derozan or Gay get moved for picks.

Everything I've read seems includes the 3 draft picks. Hopefully that's how it plays out.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I take Afflalo over Demar right now, barring any significant improvements from demar. Afflalo:much better 3 pt shooter and much better defender

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are pairing with Rudy gay, afflalo >>>> dd.

AA is not lead guy like he was asked to be last season in Orlando. He would thrive off gay and prior to last season was a 40% 3pt shooter.

Also there is no question who is the better defender.

Look at his contributions in Denver.

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co...&utf8=✓

10. Like thead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Copeland said he would decline any big offer just to stay in New York so you can forget it.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

It seems Copeland is available. I think if we can get him, using the stretch provision on Fields might not be such a bad idea, then we can amnesty Kleiza, buyout Quentin Richardson to clear the glut, and our wings look like:

Derozan/Ross
    Gay/Copeland/Novak

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

#TradeFields

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    #TradeFields
    lol. If Fields can find his jumper (big "if", I know...), I think he'd be a valuable piece to our wing rotation. His skill set is a nice compliment to Gay's in the starting lineup, making DeRozan expendable.

I like the idea of most of our shots/touches going to Gay, Lowry and Jonas. Fields and Amir filling in for defensive fortitude, garbage buckets, and wide open jumpers.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he can sure why not but if he continues not being able to hit anything outside 4ft move him. Also If I knew my lively hood depended on me being able to put a ball through a hoop I'd be in the gym working on it everyday....Fields work ethic is garbage pretty sure he wont return to form and Ujiri has to move him...I know he just proposed to his girl and all but dam hit the gym! its been 3 months to relax start putting in some work.

Hes sucking up Ross's time.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In my hypothetical wing rotation of Gay, Fields and Ross, Ross should get plenty of minutes.

Fields has never struck me as a lazy type. I'm sure he's getting his work in.

But if he doesn't, and he still sucks next year, I'm with you. Kick his ass to the curb.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If he can sure why not but if he continues not being able to hit anything outside 4ft move him. Also If I knew my lively hood depended on me being able to put a ball through a hoop I'd be in the gym working on it everyday....Fields work ethic is garbage pretty sure he wont return to form and Ujiri has to move him...I know he just proposed to his girl and all but dam hit the gym! its been 3 months to relax start putting in some work.

Hes sucking up Ross's time.
    How do you know that? Alex mckechnie said he's a hard worker
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Thread Information