Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors to use the "stretch provision" on Fields!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    With all of this being said, I still don't see the direction this team is heading in. All I know is, Masai is NOT tanking. Novak & three picks is along the lines of re-tooling.
    Actually it's not three pick. It only the first round pick. The official trade, ATM, is Bargnani for Camby, Novak and 2016 first round pick. The two second round picks are no longer involved in the trade unfortunately....

Comment

I'm not sure that the Novak trade points to tinker as opposed to tank. The real tank questions start if Derozan or Gay get moved for picks.

Everything I've read seems includes the 3 draft picks. Hopefully that's how it plays out.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Afflalo is a good player but he is not as good as Demar. In fact, he has some of the same flaws.
        I take Afflalo over Demar right now, barring any significant improvements from demar. Afflalo:much better 3 pt shooter and much better defender

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Afflalo is a good player but he is not as good as Demar. In fact, he has some of the same flaws.
          If you are pairing with Rudy gay, afflalo >>>> dd.

AA is not lead guy like he was asked to be last season in Orlando. He would thrive off gay and prior to last season was a 40% 3pt shooter.

Also there is no question who is the better defender.

Look at his contributions in Denver.

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co...&utf8=✓

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
            Copeland said he would decline any big offer just to stay in New York so you can forget it.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

It seems Copeland is available. I think if we can get him, using the stretch provision on Fields might not be such a bad idea, then we can amnesty Kleiza, buyout Quentin Richardson to clear the glut, and our wings look like:

Derozan/Ross
            Gay/Copeland/Novak
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

#TradeFields

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                #TradeFields
                lol. If Fields can find his jumper (big "if", I know...), I think he'd be a valuable piece to our wing rotation. His skill set is a nice compliment to Gay's in the starting lineup, making DeRozan expendable.

I like the idea of most of our shots/touches going to Gay, Lowry and Jonas. Fields and Amir filling in for defensive fortitude, garbage buckets, and wide open jumpers.

Comment

If he can sure why not but if he continues not being able to hit anything outside 4ft move him. Also If I knew my lively hood depended on me being able to put a ball through a hoop I'd be in the gym working on it everyday....Fields work ethic is garbage pretty sure he wont return to form and Ujiri has to move him...I know he just proposed to his girl and all but dam hit the gym! its been 3 months to relax start putting in some work.

Hes sucking up Ross's time.

Comment

In my hypothetical wing rotation of Gay, Fields and Ross, Ross should get plenty of minutes.

Fields has never struck me as a lazy type. I'm sure he's getting his work in.

But if he doesn't, and he still sucks next year, I'm with you. Kick his ass to the curb.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      If he can sure why not but if he continues not being able to hit anything outside 4ft move him. Also If I knew my lively hood depended on me being able to put a ball through a hoop I'd be in the gym working on it everyday....Fields work ethic is garbage pretty sure he wont return to form and Ujiri has to move him...I know he just proposed to his girl and all but dam hit the gym! its been 3 months to relax start putting in some work.

Hes sucking up Ross's time.
                      How do you know that? Alex mckechnie said he's a hard worker

Comment

Working...
                      X