Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 432

Thread: Free Agency 2013

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Free Agency 2013

    Assuming that the Bargnani trade goes through, the stretch provision is used on fields, camby is waived, richardson is waived and kleiza is amnestied, this is what our depth chart looks like (assuming no more trades):

    PG: Lowry
    SG: Derozan/Ross
    PF: Johnson/Acy
    SF: Gay/Novak
    C: Valanuciunas/Gray

    We need to add some pieces at the very minimum just to fill our roster. We have a glaring hole at PG, but could use some more depth at the PF and SF positions as well. We don't have much cap space but we do have almost all of our exceptions at our disposal. Below is a list of potential free agents that seemed interesting to me by position, that could be had for 5 million or less.

    PG: CJ Watson, DJ Augustin, Aaron brooks, Jarret Jack, Rodrigue Beaubois

    SG: OJ Mayo, Leandro Barbosa, Tony Allen, Marco Bellineli, Marquis Daniels, Randy Foye

    SF: Carlos Delfino, Matt Barnes, Mike Dunleavy, Dorell Wright

    PF: Brandon Wright, Jason Maxiel, Carl Landry, Antawn Jamison, JJ Hickson

    C: Jason Collins, Nazr Mohammed, Ronny Turiaf, Joel Pryzbilla, Maurice Speights

    Imagine if this was our depth Chart:

    PG: Lowry/Watson/Kabongo (D-League Filler Or DJ Augustin)
    SG: Derozan/Ross/Barbosa
    PF: Johnson/Maxiel/Novak
    SF: Gay/Barnes/Acy
    C: Valanciunas/Gray/Jason Collins

    We can make all of these moves without committing ourselves too much financially and hampering our long term flexibility. But it doesn't look to be too bad of a line up. We had some toughness with Maxiel, Barnes, and Collins. We add three point shooting with (acquisition of Novak) Watson, Barbosa, and Barnes.

    I think this gives our team more defense, and three point shooting. Also we have some youth in the lineup with derozan, valanciunas, ross, kabongo, and acy.

    Again this can all be done very conservatively, assuming that the raptors are long term focused on winning a championship and don't intend on making any splashes in free agency this year.

    Any suggestions/Comments?

    P.S if Camby refuses to play for us I may have to change my avatar pic. Please play for us Camby cause I am too lazy to do that.
    Last edited by SuperRaptor; Mon Jul 1st, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
    "Defense wins championships."

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Novak is a 4 and Acy is a POWER 3

  3. Like thead liked this post
  4. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Novak is a 4 and Acy is a POWER 3
    I like the idea of Acy at the power 3 position anyway, too small at 6'7 to be a PF. I'll edit it.
    "Defense wins championships."

  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Fields is healthy, he's worth keeping.

    Lowry,????, ????
    DeRozan, Ross, Fields
    Gay, Ross, Fields, Acy
    ????, Amir, Novak
    Jonas, Amir, Gray,????

    Our wings are set, it would be nice to use some of the assets we just picked up to find a starting PF, and then maybe sign Collison and Kabongo

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    If Fields is healthy, he's worth keeping.

    Lowry,????, ????
    DeRozan, Ross, Fields
    Gay, Ross, Fields, Acy
    ????, Amir, Novak
    Jonas, Amir, Gray,????

    Our wings are set, it would be nice to use some of the assets we just picked up to find a starting PF, and then maybe sign Collison and Kabongo
    Ya collison is a good option at the point as well. Speights could be a decent big to acquire also.

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ya Speights would be great! Tyreke Evans would be a great sixth man subbing PG and SG. Sign and trade?

    Lowry, Evans, Kabongo
    DeRozan, Evans, Ross, Fields
    Gay, Ross, Fields, Novak, Acy
    ????, Amir, Acy
    Jonas, Gray, Amir

    Maybe Evans for our newly acquired draft picks and expiring contract.
    Last edited by saints91; Mon Jul 1st, 2013 at 02:48 PM.

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lol Tyreke Evans to come to the raptors to be a 6th man? o.o..

  9. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey, start him over Lowry then. I just think he is a versatile player that can play multiple positions. He still could get 30+ minutes off the bench

  10. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tyreke Evans isn't going to sign anywhere that isn't going to pay him a stupid amount of money, and it looks like New Orleans is willing to pay Tyreke a stupid amount of money, so I think it is very unlikely we get Tyreke Evans.

  11. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie feet85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scarborough,ON
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Deven Harris and Ben Uzoh to fill out the pg rotation
    #BringBackUzoh

  12. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter Sam17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brampton, ON
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote C-Low wrote: View Post
    Lol Tyreke Evans to come to the raptors to be a 6th man? o.o..
    Lol exactly, we all know Evans isn't bout that "6th man" life. I'd like him as our starting PG though. We'd have a really big starting line up, and I don't think his historically great rookie season was just a fluke.

  13. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter Sam17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brampton, ON
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But he's definitely not coming here. I just like the idea

  14. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, Pelicans offered 40+mln/4yr deal to Evans! People say that G. Vasquez is on trading block and that offer to Evans confirms that, maybe we should go after him? I guess he's still on his rookie deal - that's exactly what the Raptors need
    (Sorry for poor English )

  15. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry/Collison/Kabongo <

  16. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To San Antonio: Marcus Camby + 2nd rounder from the Knickerbockers
    To Toronto: Matt Bonner/DeJuan Blair + Cory Joseph

    Trade machine claims that it works out financially

    I know, I know, I don't see one reason why San Antonio would do this either, but it is a nice thought ... don't you think?

  17. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Work out a trade for Bledsoe using DD as the main piece
    Try to sign JJ Hickson as backup PF; Millsap would be ideal but we don't have the money
    Keep Q Rich for depth
    Amnesty Kleiza
    Waive Camby

    PG - Lowry, Bledsoe
    SG - Ross, Bledsoe, Q Rich
    SF - Gay, Fields, Acy
    PF - Amir, JJ Hickson, Novak
    C - Jonas, Gay

    Gives the Raps flexibility as Beldsoe can play 1 or 2, Q Rich can play 2 or 3, and Acy and Novak can play 3 and 4

    Then next year let Lowry walk - or trade at deadline and Bledsoe moves to starting PG

  18. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackangus wrote: View Post
    Work out a trade for Bledsoe using DD as the main piece
    Try to sign JJ Hickson as backup PF; Millsap would be ideal but we don't have the money
    Keep Q Rich for depth
    Amnesty Kleiza
    Waive Camby

    PG - Lowry, Bledsoe
    SG - Ross, Bledsoe, Q Rich
    SF - Gay, Fields, Acy
    PF - Amir, JJ Hickson, Novak
    C - Jonas, Gay

    Gives the Raps flexibility as Beldsoe can play 1 or 2, Q Rich can play 2 or 3, and Acy and Novak can play 3 and 4

    Then next year let Lowry walk - or trade at deadline and Bledsoe moves to starting PG
    Honestly I dont see the point of bringing in Bledsoe if our intention is to make him Lowry's back up, he wants to be re-upped and will be asking for big money. If we are trading for him it has to be with the understanding that we are also shopping lowry, if that is the case this is what I would do:

    Trade Lowry to Orlando for Afflalo.

    Trade DD to clippers for Bledsoe.

    Our starting line up would look like this, and we would need to fill in our depth chart from free agency but many of the guys that I suggested on the opening post could fill that role.

    PG: Bledsoe (Potentially more upside than lowry, and no chemistry issues with coach)
    SG: Afflalo (Better defender, and 3 pt shooter than DD, better fit for our team if we intend to stick with Gay)
    SF: Gay
    PF: Johnson
    C: Valanciunas

    This lineup can spread the floor (Gay, Afflalo, and Bledsoe have shown over the years they can drain the 3) and is a better lineup defensively with the addition of Afflalo.
    "Defense wins championships."

  19. #18
    Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I haven't seen Vasquez play, but I had him on my fantasy league and the guy lit up the stat sheet...why are the Pelicans so eager to have got rid of him? His assist numbers were better than Hollidays, granted that doesn't always mean much. But the fact that the Pelicans throw out these lofty contracts is bonkers, Eric Gordon could really end up being their Bargnani.
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

  20. #19
    Raptors Republic Rookie vino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    Honestly I dont see the point of bringing in Bledsoe if our intention is to make him Lowry's back up, he wants to be re-upped and will be asking for big money. If we are trading for him it has to be with the understanding that we are also shopping lowry, if that is the case this is what I would do:

    Trade Lowry to Orlando for Afflalo.

    Trade DD to clippers for Bledsoe.

    Our starting line up would look like this, and we would need to fill in our depth chart from free agency but many of the guys that I suggested on the opening post could fill that role.

    PG: Bledsoe (Potentially more upside than lowry, and no chemistry issues with coach)
    SG: Afflalo (Better defender, and 3 pt shooter than DD, better fit for our team if we intend to stick with Gay)
    SF: Gay
    PF: Johnson
    C: Valanciunas

    This lineup can spread the floor (Gay, Afflalo, and Bledsoe have shown over the years they can drain the 3) and is a better lineup defensively with the addition of Afflalo.

    no 7-11

  21. #20
    Raptors Republic Rookie Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Miami's already snatched up Kabongo for their summer league roster

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •