Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2013

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All this talk about trading for Monroe when we should be going after redemption - is this our second chance to pick up Drummond ?

Post Thanks / Like

They're not trading Drummond

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    They're not trading Drummond
    Why retain a project like Drummond and sell their best player Monroe if they want to win now?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Why retain a project like Drummond and sell their best player Monroe if they want to win now?
    Because Drummond has a higher ceiling and plays C. Where as Monroe is more of a PF, which happens to be the same position J Smoove plays. Unless you think J Smoove can play SF which he can't, because he's a terrrible outside shooter

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love Monroe on this team. Monroe - Val - and Amir off the bench and you have locked down an Elite 3 Big man rotation.

Now about moving Derozan to the three, I can't see that working. His efficiency mark is the post against smaller 2s, and he loses that advantage as a 3. Plus I cant see him defending the bigger bodies in the NBA.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

higher ceiling cant win you playoffs. It does give you an advantage in a trade.

JSmoove is almost an elite defender in the perimeter/post for an undersized PF. Add a veteran big man like Camby and a versatile wingman like Rudy and you have options.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So Aminu signed a one year extension and next summer he will be a UFA. Don't lose hope yet Matt.
    The greatest thing about this is New Orleans declined his 3.7 million dollar option.....Then they signed him 1 year for 3.7 million deal. #basketballreasons

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Two fairly important signings this afternoon: Carl Landry to Sacramento (who overpaid but not too strongly) and Jarrett Jack to Cleveland, and the Jack signing is pretty much where I say "yeah, Cleveland's making playoffs" and officially bet my monies on Toronto not making playoffs this year, because Jarrett Jack is a GREAT sign for Cleveland - he's the #1 bench option at both PG and SG for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Two fairly important signings this afternoon: Carl Landry to Sacramento (who overpaid but not too strongly) and Jarrett Jack to Cleveland, and the Jack signing is pretty much where I say "yeah, Cleveland's making playoffs" and officially bet my monies on Toronto not making playoffs this year, because Jarrett Jack is a GREAT sign for Cleveland - he's the #1 bench option at both PG and SG for them.
    Celtics, Atlanta and Milwaukee drops out, Detroit Toronto and Cleveland make it? I see that as possible. The only other team is Washington. As long as TO can beat out 1 of those 4 they should make it.
    Last edited by tucas; Sat Jul 6th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also not sold on Detroit. They'll have probably the worst spacing in the league with close to no shooters.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    lol, not taking shots at Jose???? Entire post is implying Jose had big effect on team defense. Ummmm, ya think the void left by the departure of Tayshaun, their best defender, who Memphis wanted for defense (not his offense), may have something to do with Detroit's defensive drop?
    No the entire post is implying the Pistons were a better defensive team ans monroe was a better individual defender - very much noticeably in fact - prior to the trade.

This is a Raptor forum so calling it the Calderon trade (or even the Gay trade) made a lot more sense.

But feel free to interpret as you wish.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Celtics, Atlanta and Milwaukee drops out, Detroit Toronto and Cleveland make it? I see that as possible. The only other team is Washington. Asking as TO can beat out of those 4 they should make it.
    You never know what happens with chemistry or injuries but right now I put Cleveland and Washington in playoffs ahead of Toronto. Leaving raptors to fight with bobcats and pistons for 8th.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You never know what happens with chemistry or injuries but right now I put Cleveland and Washington in playoffs ahead of Toronto. Leaving raptors to fight with bobcats and pistons for 8th.
    Don't forget the Bucks.. they are borderline 8th seed right now.

14. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I would love Monroe on this team. Monroe - Val - and Amir off the bench and you have locked down an Elite 3 Big man rotation.

Now about moving Derozan to the three, I can't see that working. His efficiency mark is the post against smaller 2s, and he loses that advantage as a 3. Plus I cant see him defending the bigger bodies in the NBA.
    If the goal is to make the playoffs, I would rather trade DD before Gay. So if Detroit is willing I'd trade DD+filler for Monroe+bad contract. Our fillers are crap but let's say DD+Novak for Monroe+CV.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Why would people put Cleveland ahead of us? Thier super young. Really inexperienced. Overall I think we have a better roster.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Celtics, Atlanta and Milwaukee drops out, Detroit Toronto and Cleveland make it? I see that as possible. The only other team is Washington. As long as TO can beat out 1 of those 4 they should make it.
    I don't think Atlanta drops out of playoffs. They resigned Kyle Korver, and the Millsap signing was probably the biggest steal of the offseason so far. All they really need to do is resign Jeff Teague and they're fine.

So that's Miami, Chicago, Brooklyn, Indiana, New York and Atlanta taking 1-6 (in some order, not necessarily that). That leaves two slots for Detroit, Cleveland, Washington, and anybody else fighting for them (which probably includes Milwaukee and even Charlotte). I really don't think we have a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Good lord.

What is Dallas doing with the stash of PGs?

Masai! Masai! Go get Calathes rights already!
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also not sold on Detroit. They'll have probably the worst spacing in the league with close to no shooters.
    but boy o boy if they dont lead the league in rebounding lol

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we should think about the Monroe/Rudy Pistons trade consider if we get Monroe, a budding allstar PF in the making, him, DeRozan, Valanciunas would do us wonder. I propose

Lowry + Gay for Monroe + Knight + Stuckey with a third team taking Kleiza or Charlie V's contract. We go with

Knight/Stuckey/Stone
    DeRozan/Ross
    Fields/Novak/
    Monroe/Amir/Acy
    Val/Gray

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really like to know what Dallas is doing.

They have signed Calderon, Harris, Mekel while drafting Larkin and they still have Calathes rights.
    Tim Leiweke

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information