Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2013

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the impression you all are getting from Ujiri? Is he getting ready for a soft tank or are you still under the impression he wants to take a stab at the playoffs? I personally think he is getting ready to start trading players for picks and young prospects. You?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    What's the impression you all are getting from Ujiri? Is he getting ready for a soft tank or are you still under the impression he wants to take a stab at the playoffs? I personally think he is getting ready to start trading players for picks and young prospects. You?
    I think before the season starts Rudy Gay is gone. Possibly one of Demar or Lowry as well. This assumes we can get reasonable value for them, of course.

Leiweke was quite clear that he doesn't think this team is a contender. I don't think he would've hired Ujiri if Ujiri believed staying the course was an option.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you think too much.

4. Like p00ka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Houston is one player short of a "big 3". Wonder if they might be interested Gay for Asik, picks etc.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Houston is one player short of a "big 3". Wonder if they might be interested Gay for Asik, picks etc.
    Any deal for Gay starts with 2 players IMO: Chandler Parsons (totally expendable if they get Gay) and Terrence Jones. That isn't a lot of salary, but Asik is probably not a great fit long-term next to JV (or behind him). Lin is a pretty average PG. Maybe in a multi-team deal.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really feel like his just tweaking this rosters. Filling up the gaps. Giving this roster a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Any deal for Gay starts with 2 players IMO: Chandler Parsons (totally expendable if they get Gay) and Terrence Jones. That isn't a lot of salary, but Asik is probably not a great fit long-term next to JV (or behind him). Lin is a pretty average PG. Maybe in a multi-team deal.
    Find a team that's trying to contend and wants a quality center: they're the third team. The Lakers, the Pelicans, and the Blazers are probably your best bets.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm still high on TJ as well. But I think Ujiri is hunting for picks for any trade that involves Gay.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm still high on TJ as well. But I think Ujiri is hunting for picks for any trade that involves Gay.
    don't know if you remember but i was all over Tjones last year and if he were a possibility in toronto that would be aweome. i wanted any piece of that kentucky team we could get.

that is a good trade whitemen. how do they match up with lin as well? we take lin off thier hands and are gifted 2 young players.

i also don't think ujiri is looking only for picks. i think he is collecting as many young assets as possible and 2 players of those 3 are young and lin isn't old.

i find it funny that after lebron and durants contracts the next most valuable commodity in the nba is a rookie scale deal. haha
    For The Win

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

tankapalooza baby!

i'm all for stacking young talent. if they are any good they will come through and earn those minutes.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mareese Speights
    Nate Robinson
    Samuel Dalembert
    Myck Kabongo

thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's going to be a quiet off-season in raptorland.

He'll maybe do some minor tweaks. But, I think his most significant move has already happened in trading Bargnani.

They're might be a big move mid-season. But, I think we are going in with the current team as is.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I think it's going to be a quiet off-season in raptorland.

He'll maybe do some minor tweaks. But, I think his most significant move has already happened in trading Bargnani.

They're might be a big move mid-season. But, I think we are going in with the current team as is.
    Yes, I tend to agree that we are going in with the same core as last year, but with Ujiri's holding pattern so far this off season I wonder if he's looking for one big trade to move us into a deep-ish playoff run, like say trying to get Rondo, or if he's going trade players for draft picks (other assets) and tank this season. At this time it could go either way, but considering there have been no rumors circulating at all I'm guessing it option 2.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else depressed that our only adds have been Juylan Stone, Steve Novak, and Marcus Camby? Not even sure the Raps will get a PF this year and the PG list is dwindling fast.

Post Thanks / Like

In the short term yes because those add ons hardly point to making a move in our division much less our conference. Novak could be a useful player off the bench if we can hold onto him. Matt Bonner role perhaps.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In the short term yes because those add ons hardly point to making a move in our division much less our conference. Novak could be a useful player off the bench if we can hold onto him. Matt Bonner role perhaps.
    I agree about Novak, solid role player with an always in demand skill. I am really concerned about the back-up PG spot though. Lowry's injury history and the unproven Stone aren't exactly awe-inspiring. PG signings came fast and furious this weekend and none were even linked to the Raps.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Backup PG, backup PG..... hmmm. Quite difficult to find good ones. Concerning NBA, I don't know many available options, as it's the position I know very little about. Some possible options in Europe http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/22...s_Point_Guards
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I agree about Novak, solid role player with an always in demand skill. I am really concerned about the back-up PG spot though. Lowry's injury history and the unproven Stone aren't exactly awe-inspiring. PG signings came fast and furious this weekend and none were even linked to the Raps.
    I would worry about it.

Calathes rights are there in Dallas.

Ridnour and Barea are still looking for a new home.

Billups.

Augustin

Nate RObinson

Mo Williams

Will Bynum

AJ Price

Beno Udrih

Aaron Brooks

Who knows what else is on the trade market.

And I would definitely not worry about the silence. If we don't know what the Raptors are doing chances are most NBA front offices haven't a clue either.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jul 8th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I could even be happy if we would move along with the current roster. Just give them the second chance to make it real or screw it up and get us high draft pick. This team is actually entertaining to watch despite the fact that they cannot close out games. I'm not against watching this roster for another season, and letting Ujiri create opinion of what assets he currently have.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

MU made his move, and I guess this is that 'patience' component now

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information