Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agency 2013

Assuming that the Bargnani trade goes through, the stretch provision is used on fields, camby is waived, richardson is waived and kleiza is amnestied, this is what our depth chart looks like (assuming no more trades):

PG: Lowry
    SG: Derozan/Ross
    PF: Johnson/Acy
    SF: Gay/Novak
    C: Valanuciunas/Gray

We need to add some pieces at the very minimum just to fill our roster. We have a glaring hole at PG, but could use some more depth at the PF and SF positions as well. We don't have much cap space but we do have almost all of our exceptions at our disposal. Below is a list of potential free agents that seemed interesting to me by position, that could be had for 5 million or less.

PG: CJ Watson, DJ Augustin, Aaron brooks, Jarret Jack, Rodrigue Beaubois

SG: OJ Mayo, Leandro Barbosa, Tony Allen, Marco Bellineli, Marquis Daniels, Randy Foye

SF: Carlos Delfino, Matt Barnes, Mike Dunleavy, Dorell Wright

PF: Brandon Wright, Jason Maxiel, Carl Landry, Antawn Jamison, JJ Hickson

C: Jason Collins, Nazr Mohammed, Ronny Turiaf, Joel Pryzbilla, Maurice Speights

Imagine if this was our depth Chart:

PG: Lowry/Watson/Kabongo (D-League Filler Or DJ Augustin)
    SG: Derozan/Ross/Barbosa
    PF: Johnson/Maxiel/Novak
    SF: Gay/Barnes/Acy
    C: Valanciunas/Gray/Jason Collins

We can make all of these moves without committing ourselves too much financially and hampering our long term flexibility. But it doesn't look to be too bad of a line up. We had some toughness with Maxiel, Barnes, and Collins. We add three point shooting with (acquisition of Novak) Watson, Barbosa, and Barnes.

I think this gives our team more defense, and three point shooting. Also we have some youth in the lineup with derozan, valanciunas, ross, kabongo, and acy.

Again this can all be done very conservatively, assuming that the raptors are long term focused on winning a championship and don't intend on making any splashes in free agency this year.

Any suggestions/Comments?

P.S if Camby refuses to play for us I may have to change my avatar pic. Please play for us Camby cause I am too lazy to do that.
    Last edited by SuperRaptor; Mon Jul 1, 2013, 02:00 PM.
    "Defense wins championships."

Novak is a 4 and Acy is a POWER 3
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Novak is a 4 and Acy is a POWER 3
      I like the idea of Acy at the power 3 position anyway, too small at 6'7 to be a PF. I'll edit it.

Comment

If Fields is healthy, he's worth keeping.

Lowry,????, ????
        DeRozan, Ross, Fields
        Gay, Ross, Fields, Acy
        ????, Amir, Novak
        Jonas, Amir, Gray,????

Our wings are set, it would be nice to use some of the assets we just picked up to find a starting PF, and then maybe sign Collison and Kabongo

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
          If Fields is healthy, he's worth keeping.

Lowry,????, ????
          DeRozan, Ross, Fields
          Gay, Ross, Fields, Acy
          ????, Amir, Novak
          Jonas, Amir, Gray,????

Our wings are set, it would be nice to use some of the assets we just picked up to find a starting PF, and then maybe sign Collison and Kabongo
          Ya collison is a good option at the point as well. Speights could be a decent big to acquire also.

Comment

Ya Speights would be great! Tyreke Evans would be a great sixth man subbing PG and SG. Sign and trade?

Lowry, Evans, Kabongo
            DeRozan, Evans, Ross, Fields
            Gay, Ross, Fields, Novak, Acy
            ????, Amir, Acy
            Jonas, Gray, Amir

Maybe Evans for our newly acquired draft picks and expiring contract.
            Last edited by saints91; Mon Jul 1, 2013, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Lol Tyreke Evans to come to the raptors to be a 6th man? o.o..

Comment

Hey, start him over Lowry then. I just think he is a versatile player that can play multiple positions. He still could get 30+ minutes off the bench

Comment

Tyreke Evans isn't going to sign anywhere that isn't going to pay him a stupid amount of money, and it looks like New Orleans is willing to pay Tyreke a stupid amount of money, so I think it is very unlikely we get Tyreke Evans.

Comment

Deven Harris and Ben Uzoh to fill out the pg rotation
                    #BringBackUzoh

Comment

C-Low wrote: View Post
                      Lol Tyreke Evans to come to the raptors to be a 6th man? o.o..
                      Lol exactly, we all know Evans isn't bout that "6th man" life. I'd like him as our starting PG though. We'd have a really big starting line up, and I don't think his historically great rookie season was just a fluke.

Comment

But he's definitely not coming here. I just like the idea

Comment

Wow, Pelicans offered 40+mln/4yr deal to Evans! People say that G. Vasquez is on trading block and that offer to Evans confirms that, maybe we should go after him? I guess he's still on his rookie deal - that's exactly what the Raptors need
                          (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Lowry/Collison/Kabongo <

Comment

To San Antonio: Marcus Camby + 2nd rounder from the Knickerbockers
                              To Toronto: Matt Bonner/DeJuan Blair + Cory Joseph

Trade machine claims that it works out financially

I know, I know, I don't see one reason why San Antonio would do this either, but it is a nice thought ... don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X