Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Hansborough is a really terrible basketball players guys. i haven no idea why everyone here has such a boner for him.
    I guess because he would be considered a grizzled vet. He's not a good player but he gets under the skin of a lot of players which in itself is an asset. He wouldn't be as much of a liability on offense as someone like Reggie Evans was.. but he wouldn't really add too many wins either.

I'd be okay with Psycho-T as long as its at the mini-mid level. Anything higher than $3M is too high.

Comment

• He comes in off the bench with a lot of energy. I'd sign Psycho-T as mentioned above. He's a stupid troll of a soldier and we have too many people with high basketball 'IQ'. Look where that got us....***

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
        He comes in off the bench with a lot of energy. I'd sign Psycho-T as mentioned above. He's a stupid troll of a soldier and we have too many people with high basketball 'IQ'.
        What? No, we don't. Not even close. Right now the only high-ball-IQ players we have are Landry and maybe Lowry. There's a reason Jose completely ran the offense when he was on the floor.

Comment

• @ESPNSteinLine: Hearing: Warriors closing in on free-agent deal with Marresse Speights. Details to come but one-year deal expected
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            What? No, we don't. Not even close. Right now the only high-ball-IQ players we have are Landry and maybe Lowry. There's a reason Jose completely ran the offense when he was on the floor.
            you can throw in Amir too

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              @ESPNSteinLine: Hearing: Warriors closing in on free-agent deal with Marresse Speights. Details to come but one-year deal expected
              I think we'll end up signing someone like Chris Wilcox...

I want us to pickup JaJuan Johnson, he'd be a decent young big off the bench. He's playing on the Pistons summer league team right now, but i doubt they'll sign him

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                I think we'll end up signing someone like Chris Wilcox...

I want us to pickup JaJuan Johnson, he'd be a decent young big off the bench. He's playing on the Pistons summer league team right now, but i doubt they'll sign him
                Boston's summer league team

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                  Don't you remember BC? According to him, everyone on our team has absolutely through the effing roof basketball IQ.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                    Boston's summer league team
                    lol nvm sorry. That was 2012

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      you can throw in Amir too
                      Amir's got a good offensive mind but he doesn't read his opponents particularly well on defense and tries to make up for it with hustle. He's got an acceptable ball IQ, but not a particularly high one.

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                      Don't you remember BC? According to him, everyone on our team has absolutely through the effing roof basketball IQ.
                      That's like watching an episode of That 70s Show when Kelso is explaining how smart he is.

Comment

• Los Angeles is going to amnesty Metta World Peace, it appears.

Comment

• And Golden State signs Marreese Speights.

Comment

• I liked him better when he was Ron Artest...
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Some More Possible free Agent Fits...

I posted an article earlier in the "free agnecy 2013" thread...

Thought I'd make this one a thread..

The first one overlaps in the earlier one that I posted. It's Brandon Wright. But, the others are entirely different..

2. Corey Brewer - G/F. Besides extra big men, the Raps need some defensive help on the wings and Brewer is one of the best options left on the board. Brewer is still only 27 and an absolute terror in the lanes and on the break, something that could both help the Dinos defensively, and kick-start the team's offense.

However Brewer still can't shoot very well, and he made $3.2M last season in Denver so might take up the bulk of the Raptors' mid-level amount. However Ujiri traded for Brewer back in 2011 so he obviously understands what Brewer brings to a club, and he may elect to giving him some run in TO.

3. DeJuan Blair - F. Blair is another HQ fave. He may not be Toronto's answer to Dwight Howard, but Blair would give the Raps some much needed bulk at the forward spot, as well as lots and lots of boards.

He fell out of the rotation last year in San Antonio but prior to that he posted above average PER marks and can provide efficient scoring in limited minutes. He could also likely be had for a pretty solid price.

Three others on the HQ Wish List:

Anthony Morrow - G: I've always been a big Anthony Morrow fan and would love to see him bombing away from long-range in a Raps jersey. Unfortunately he'd likely cost the full mid-level and his playing time would be an issue with the current log jam of scoring wings. Now if a trade goes down though that opens up a spot or two...

Gerald Henderson - G: I wanted the Raps to grab Henderson over DeMar DeRozan in that year's draft and still feel he'll be a more meaningful contributor to a winning team when all is said and done. The two wings have very similar offensive numbers with DeRozan being the bigger offensive threat.

However that's not to say he's a more efficient offensive player. Putting DeRozan and Henderson's stats side by side at Basketballreference.com you'll see that DeRozan's superior offensive numbers are mostly due to his being more of the focal point of his team's offense with Henderson sporting better advanced offensive metrics for the most part.

And defensively Henderson is developing into a very nice player.

He's a restricted free agent though and it sounds like the Bobcats will match whatever he's offered.

Chris Andersen - F/C: It's The Birdman. Do I REALLY have to explain this one?
                              Some of them are a bit of a stretch..But, they would fit..

http://www.raptorshq.com/2013/7/8/45...r-dejuan-blair
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• For Raptors, Free Agency Is A Rumour..

Toronto Raptors GM Masai Ujiri is taking a wait-&-see attitude about signing free agents.
                                Actually I have no idea if that statement is true. Once Dwight Howard was signed, I expected a flurry of free agents to find new homes. That’s occurred, but not one of them has selected Toronto, nor has one even been linked in whispers as becoming a Rap, which I’ve never seen before. Teams like Cleveland, Houston and Dallas have beefed up considerably, but the Raps have acted like free agency is something that other teams sully their hands with – but not us. Even the B-list free agents, like Carlos Delfino, now with Milwaukee, and J.J. Hickson, who’s a Nugget, have splashy new contracts.

There’s an argument to be made that waiting until the last minute to offer contracts to suddenly nervous and unwanted players keeps costs down. I might buy that, except there aren’t many guys left I’d want. There are an absurd number of yesterday’s-news guys like Tracy McGrady, Elton Brand, Antawn Jamison, Jermaine O’Neal, Michael Redd (DREAM ON, PAL), and a bunch of unidimensional “talents” like Austin Daye, Tyler Hansbrough and Daequan Cook.
                                read the rest here:http://raptorsrapture.com/2013/07/08...y-is-a-rumour/

Comment

Working...
                                X