Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I generally agree with what you're saying, as long as you keep endorsement money out of it. You can't really say he'll make more counting endorsements, because he'd have surely have better endorsement/sponsorship deals in LA.
    Houston has a much, much bigger presence in the Chinese market than L.A. does thanks to all those years of Yao Ming. Dwight will do just fine getting endorsements in Houston.

Comment

Right.....but as Joey said, championships will save him...and so even then, if he stayed in LA, which would probably have been better for his image, then won in LA, his star would shoot back up faster and higher than anywhere else.
      He has given himself more opportunity to win in Houston I think given Kobe's age/injury, coaching, and supporting cast.

Comment

• As long as he doesn't care too much about his image and other bs he doesn't need to save himself or be saved.

Comment

With Millsap signing in Atlanta, all I can think is will Al Horford ever get to play his natural PF position?
          he would if he got traded to the raps

with the hawks tanking maybe he's attainable -- if we could snag him and a player like Rondo (while retaining Gay/JV) we would be contenders instead of pretenders

Comment

• If Dwight returns to form and the Rockets win a championship or two, his trials and tribulations of the recent past will be water under the bridge. All he has to do is win baby, just win. Sports clichés are handy at times.

Comment

• Well two of my fav fa's are off the board:

Aminu $3.7m 1 yr
              Wright $6m 2 yrs

Comment

• So Aminu signed a one year extension and next summer he will be a UFA. Don't lose hope yet Matt.

Comment

• According to Woj, Josh Smith just signed with the Pistons:

https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/stat...89024310571009

My guess is this means the Pistons wouldn't give up positive assets for Gay.

It also means that the top wings (Iggy and Smith) are now off the market. Should open up the offers for Gay if Ujiri is considering moving him.
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• The Rockets were after him. I wonder why he picked the Pistons over playing with his childhood friend in Houston?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      The Rockets were after him. I wonder why he picked the Pistons over playing with his childhood friend in Houston?
                      Only way he went to the Rockets was if it was a sign and trade. Maybe Atlanta did not want to dance?

Pistons were knocking on his door at 12:01 July 1st as well. He might have liked the attention.

Either way, I don't care what the Pistons say about Smith/Monroe/Drummond playing together, it isn't going to work for more than a few minutes at a time.

The only distance threat on that team now is Knight (and threat is used loosely) and KCP (who has never played an NBA game).

Comment

The Rockets were after him. I wonder why he picked the Pistons over playing with his childhood friend in Houston?
                        56 million over four years is why. The Rockets would not have paid him $14m/year.

Comment

So Aminu signed a one year extension and next summer he will be a UFA. Don't lose hope yet Matt.
                          Ah yes. The Raptor mantra:

THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR.

lol

Comment

• Rudy Gay for Greg Monroe + Rodney Stuckey + 2014 2nd round pick?

Raptors:
                            Lowry/Stuckey/Stone
                            Derozan/Ross
                            Fields/Acy/Novak
                            Monroe/Amir
                            Val/Gray

lose 5 Million off cap and for a year shorter (21Mil altogether), while filling our holes and taking a draft pick. Albeit we created a hole at SF, but signing Carlos Delfino for the MLE would settle the hole neatly for a while.

Pistons:
                            Knight/Siva
                            Singler/KCP
                            Gay/Villaneuva
                            Smith/Jerebko
                            Drummond/Kravtsov

Release a bad contract (Stuckey), and trade for a quasi-Star player that would fit much better next to Smith. Gay - Smith - Drummond will tear opposing front courts UP.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I would expect Detroit would want us to take Villaneuva as well (which I would do in a heartbeat if it meant wrangling a future #1 out of them, maybe 2016). We could also potentially move DeMar to the 3.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                I would expect Detroit would want us to take Villaneuva as well (which I would do in a heartbeat if it meant wrangling a future #1 out of them, maybe 2016). We could also potentially move DeMar to the 3.
                                Or trade him as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X