Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF wrote: View Post
    Carter got injured, we sucked and drafted Bosh. Then we would have had Bosh and Carter, but carter dipped before bosh got good.

I am saying keep Rudy and get him his Bosh..

You don't build around one player. Unless, it's Lebron or KD. You form a team around 3 or 4 star players. Look at San Antonio, Memphis,Indiana, etc.

We have Gay, that's one. Where are the other two or three?
    Ahem... Look at my profile picture

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
      Which means that since 2007 both the Raptors (2007, 2008) and the Bucks (2010, 2013) have made the playoffs twice.
      I meant the 07 season. Like 07-08 is the last time the raps did it.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Ahem... Look at my profile picture
        Amir?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Amir?
          Valanciunas!!!!!!!!!!!!
          How is everyone forgetting Big V? Dude is the best Center prospect in the league hands down. The man who surpassed David Robinson for highest TS% in his rookie season.

Comment

Valanciunas!!!!!!!!!!!!
            How is everyone forgetting Big V? Dude is the best Center prospect in the league hands down
            Val is a good center prospect. We need a proven PF, though

Comment

Val is a good center prospect. We need a proven PF, though
              If we do great. But i don't think its a huge need. If Valanciunas is developing the way i think he is, it's not going to be a problem.

Comment

Val is a GREAT center prospect. We need a proven PF, though
                Fixed it for you

Comment

Fixed it for you
                  Fuck, you actually did..

Comment

• Caused by free agency:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I'm going through the list of prospects in Draft Expresses 2014 mock and although it's just a brief scouting report on each player I can't say I'm impressed. Would love to have Wiggins but it would be really dumb to strip away the entire roster for a 25% chance (and that's the best case scenario).

Randle has been mentioned but the guy does not have defensive fundamentals. I even mentioned Parker once since he was neck and neck with Wiggins, but he's dropped to 6th in their mock draft and hasn't played college ball yet. There are a few PG, but everyone in the league pretty much has their PG of the future already. If Toronto wanted one of those PG's in next years draft I'm sure they could trade in for it without having to tank.

I think Toronto's draft pick has more value then it then the player that they will end up picking with it. I say they sell high.
                      There is a lot of hype. No doubt selling now would be extremely high.

I see a lot of good players. There are four point guards I like: Exum, Smart, Harrison, Micic. All are 6'4" to 6'6".

Comment

• There's a better chance that we find that Rob Ford Crack Video than to see Millsap in a Raptors uniform.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Utah took a major dump but they were smart.

This is a great great great trade for them.

They took on dead weight in Biedrins and Jefferson but they also got a player in a position of need in Brandon Rush.

They also got multiple draft picks - including 2014 1st.

Lets be real: Utah is less of a free agent destination than Toronto at the moment.

They now have nearly $32M in expiring contracts (Biedrins $9M, Jefferson $11M, Rush $4M, Williams $7.5M).

They've only got $1.7M in guaranteed money next season with Favors and Hayward up for extensions.

I think Utah is in a good place DESPITE getting NOTHING for Millsap or Al Jefferson.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            Look, either you believe that GMs and their scouting organizations can get a good idea of a player's upside or you don't. If you don't, that's great, you want to believe it's still 1998 and analytics haven't been invented yet and scouts still rank players based on their gut - in which case trading is just as pointless as drafting because hey, maybe the guy you trade for doesn't play well next year! You never know!

Which is to say: "what if we draft badly" is not a valid answer, particularly when the question is "what is the easiest way for our team to become a serious championship contender" is so fucking obvious. You anti-draft people keep repeating the same three or four bogus arguments (the "only two championship teams have ever drafted their star" is my personal favorite because it is just so fucking stupid and wrong) like they're gospel truth.

Go cheer for the Bucks. Seriously. You'll be happier.
                            So? The ONLY thing you pro-tank people have been saying is "you need a superstar to compete for a championship". But it's a REALLLLLLLY fuckin small chance we land a superstar considering the tank-a-palooza fest about to take place this season.

Honestly, if the guy we draft busts, then what?

Just tell me what your back-up plan is. Because it better be a fucking good one.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• And considering that if we were to tank we would have to completely gut our roster from top to bottom. Which makes it even more dangerous, if our plan fails we have absolutely nobody of value on our squad other than probably JV and Ross (which we can't even say for sure because we haven't seen them play this season yet).

At least it the re-tooling idea fails, we still have a bunch of valued guys we could trade and what-not.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• I agree completely mr.Z. Especially considering that we're the Raptors, I don't see us getting lucky with this tanking thing

Comment

Working...
                                X