Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2013

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Masai shipped Chauncey out of Denver...the place that he loved. Not sure if he took that personal or not.
    Yeah, I thought about that too. Not sure it has an impact, but also if they do land him, I'll again be impressed with Ujiri given these circumstances.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Billups is a player i don't want and also think we can't get. He will go to a contender.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Billups retiring a Raptor would be sweet. Playing behind Lowry and mentoring him as well as Julyan Stone would be awesome

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Billups is a player i don't want and also think we can't get. He will go to a contender.
    Everybody can't go to a contender.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

What was the reason they didn't sign him again? I thought they valued him highly and gave him playing time?

I remember an article previously mentioning that Billups could have made something big out of Toronto but he didn't, and possibly regretted it. Either way he's got skill, albeit a lot of age w/ that.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking at news about him a lot recently. He said he wants to play 2 more years and will consider all options. There have been stories/rumours from Detroit and Miami about interest. And now also one out of NY, and that one also states he probably won't play for the minimum (and that's all NY can offer)

If Toronto can make a good offer in terms of money (just has to be obviously better than minimum deals contenders will offer), and offer him a real role as a backup guard, that's better than most teams.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd much rather see a no name, all upside back up point guard, who is ready to come in a improve in front of our eyes. Does not need to explode right away... for less than a million per on, say two year deal, similar to Stone but with a different skill set - passing and shooting. Then the Raps could rotate Stone and this another dude; one of them could develop into something!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Please
    #BringBackUzoh

9. Like Evia99 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say Billups would DEFINITELY NOT sign in Toronto (non-contender). But if the market dries up (which it likely won't), I seem to remember hearing that Chauncey and K Low were tight? They text and use emoticons and stuff..

So if he didn't get an offer from a "good" team, would the Raps be at the top of the "mediocre" list??

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why on God's green earth would Chauncey come here?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Why on God's green earth would Chauncey come here?
    I can think of 2.5 million reasons

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you figure we have 2.5 million left? I have us with 1.27 mil. 3mil reported for Hansborough and 900k for Stone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    How do you figure we have 2.5 million left? I have us with 1.27 mil. 3mil reported for Hansborough and 900k for Stone
    If Stone signed a minimum contract, it wouldn't come out of the MLE, leaving roughly $2.17M of the MLE remaining.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the market is really horrible among good teams.

Chauncey wants to play. He doesn't want to be a 3rd stringer. So he's not going somewhere without a decent role, even a contender. That's clearly why there's no interest from either side with the Clips, since they signed Collison.

He also probably doesn't want to play for the minimum...and again, especially if it means being a 3rd stringer. So on contending (and pretending) teams there are few options when you consider role and salary.

Toronto can offer him a legit role, and more money, even with what little they have left, than many contenders. Combining money and role, Toronto would definitely be fairly attractive. And if he can't go to a contender, Toronto is actually left as one of the more competitive options as well.

I'm not saying it's likely, but there are some small things working in Toronto's favour.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah, the market is really horrible among good teams.

Chauncey wants to play. He doesn't want to be a 3rd stringer. So he's not going somewhere without a decent role, even a contender. That's clearly why there's no interest from either side with the Clips, since they signed Collison.

He also probably doesn't want to play for the minimum...and again, especially if it means being a 3rd stringer. So on contending (and pretending) teams there are few options when you consider role and salary.

Toronto can offer him a legit role, and more money, even with what little they have left, than many contenders. Combining money and role, Toronto would definitely be fairly attractive. And if he can't go to a contender, Toronto is actually left as one of the more competitive options as well.

I'm not saying it's likely, but there are some small things working in Toronto's favour.
    One other reason as to why Billups would even be interested in a team like Toronto would be his relationship with Lowry. If Lowry could use a mentor than Billups would be perfect IMO. Not sure if Billups would want a role like that at this stage in his career though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    One other reason as to why Billups would even be interested in a team like Toronto would be his relationship with Lowry. If Lowry could use a mentor than Billups would be perfect IMO. Not sure if Billups would want a role like that at this stage in his career though.
    It could also be somewhat appealing though if it comes with a real playing role too. Because basically, some teams would be offering him neither, and he'd just basically be an emergency back up. Sure they'd want his locker room presence, but they won't need him. He'd be needed in Toronto, and that's always a bonus.

I wonder if he has relationships with anyone else on the team? Amir maybe from their Detroit days?

Raptors Republic Rookie AngryRapsFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the Clippers and the Pelicans are signing everyone with Minnesota being in third place. It'll be interesting to see how well these teams do.
    Don't follow me. @AngryRaptorsFan

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Ujiri said in todays press conference that he would be fine if this roster stayed the same going into the season.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the team you're going to see come opening night.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

21. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been saying that for some time. Though, nobody is untouchable..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information