istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: 20/20 Vision on DeRozan's contract

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 20/20 Vision on DeRozan's contract

    Hindsight. We finally get to use it. Right up until going on to lose a heartbreaker to the pacers on opening night, we all debated extension vs restricted free agency for DeMar. So, now that the money is starting be thrown around at restricted free agents and others, it's a chance to see where we may have been if Colangelo didn't hand out that contract (stop laughing...it could happen). Tyreke Evans getting offered $44 million plus. Comparable? Who else? I'm not asking if DD is worth the contract. That's been beaten elsewhere. Just what might we have been facing now if he wasn't extended?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We'd be facing the opportunity to let him walk instead of paying him too much for too little production.

    Not a bad thing in my opinion.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    We'd be facing the opportunity to let him walk instead of paying him too much for too little production.

    Not a bad thing in my opinion.
    Or use him in S&T to acquire a younger/cheaper/better player and/or one who plays a position of need and/or who fits with the rest of the Raptors roster better than he does - such as Dallas looking to S&T Mayo to LAC for Bledsoe, or Milwaukee looking to S&T Reddick to LAC for Bledsoe.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He would be a rfa and as such we have the right to match what the market would determine. In a way DD's contract is setting the market for Evans. As well...who is the better talent Tyreke Evans or DD? And this team lost flexibility by committing already to DD when it was done. I suppose the main reason for BC for doing this was he saw him as a core member of the team going forward. I did not and it seems he is in play by MU...but possibly constrained because of the contract.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He would have been signed and traded.

    The Derozan deal and the Gay trade have puzzled me. Why did MLSE allow them to take place if they weren't sure about BC? They've put the team in a difficult position.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    We'd be facing the opportunity to let him walk instead of paying him too much for too little production.

    Not a bad thing in my opinion.
    The "opportunity" to do something stupid. Gotcha!

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Or use him in S&T to acquire a younger/cheaper/better player and/or one who plays a position of need and/or who fits with the rest of the Raptors roster better than he does - such as Dallas looking to S&T Mayo to LAC for Bledsoe, or Milwaukee looking to S&T Reddick to LAC for Bledsoe.
    Could still be used the same way in a trade, only already signed with, based on Evans' deal, a far from out of line contract, but management gets to dictate where to trade him rather than restricted to his choices.

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    He would be a rfa and as such we have the right to match what the market would determine. In a way DD's contract is setting the market for Evans. As well...who is the better talent Tyreke Evans or DD? And this team lost flexibility by committing already to DD when it was done. I suppose the main reason for BC for doing this was he saw him as a core member of the team going forward. I did not and it seems he is in play by MU...but possibly constrained because of the contract.
    " In a way DD's contract is setting the market for Evans."
    No

    "As well...who is the better talent Tyreke Evans or DD?"
    Some would call that debatable, but that's not the topic. Evans got an offer of $1.5M/yr more than DD (another report had $2.5M/yr more), but we'll not know if DD may have gotten equal or more. Not only different skillsets, but apparently very different personalities/characters, and some teams value the DDs of the world more. In any case, if you feel Tyreke is worth more, then you should be happy that he's getting more, right?

    "it seems he is in play by MU."

    Did I miss something? Where has MU put him in play? You're not talking the Bledsoe speculation are you? Because nothing about that story says anything of the kind.
    Last edited by p00ka; Mon Jul 1st, 2013 at 09:46 PM.