Thread: Greivis Vasquez

Raptors Republic Rookie serbiantiger8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Greivis Vasquez

With the Pelicans recently trading for All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday, they've made it known that Greivis Vasquez is expandable. Personally, I think he'd be a great fit here, and could even become our starting point guard. He has a similar style of play as Jose, a pass first type of guy.

I've been thinking and there are a few trades that come to mind:
    1)Kleiza + picks (1st round pick we got from NY, or a couple of 2nd round picks) for Vasquez plus cash.. (Pelicans get an expiring contract plus some picks for the future.
    2) Lowry +pick for Vasquez (Essentially a point guard swap, but seeing as Vasquez just came off a career season, and is still on his rookie contract, he could be looking for a pay-day, and the Pelicans might want a cheaper option).
    3) Kleiza+ Novak/Camby+pick for Vasquez and Robin Lopez. (This trade would have to happen at least two months after the trade Camby and Novak were involved in. Pelicans get an expiring contract in Kleize; if it's Camby, veteran big man who only has 1 million guaranteed next year. If it's Novak, great 3 point shooting option off the bench. Plus the pick, and the Hornets are also looking to offload Lopez's contract)

What do you guys think? I like Vazquez, and he's cheap too. I like option 3 the best, as Lopez could be a solid backup to J-Val.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote serbiantiger8 wrote: View Post
    With the Pelicans recently trading for All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday, they've made it known that Greivis Vasquez is expandable. Personally, I think he'd be a great fit here, and could even become our starting point guard. He has a similar style of play as Jose, a pass first type of guy.

1)Kleiza + picks (1st round pick we got from NY, or a couple of 2nd round picks) for Vasquez plus cash.. (Pelicans get an expiring contract plus some picks for the future.
    2) Lowry +pick for Vasquez (Essentially a point guard swap, but seeing as Vasquez just came off a career season, and is still on his rookie contract, he could be looking for a pay-day, and the Pelicans might want a cheaper option).
    3) Kleiza+ Novak/Camby+pick for Vasquez and Robin Lopez. (This trade would have to happen at least two months after the trade Camby and Novak were involved in. Pelicans get an expiring contract in Kleize; if it's Camby, veteran big man who only has 1 million guaranteed next year. If it's Novak, great 3 point shooting option off the bench. Plus the pick, and the Hornets are also looking to offload Lopez's contract)

What do you guys think? I like Vazquez, and he's cheap too. I like option 3 the best, as Lopez could be a solid backup to J-Val.
    I think you're giving up too much for him. I wouldn't trade lowry at all for him and i don't think any first rounders should be sent out either.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the team though

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I brought up Vazquez in another thread today. I just dont know enough about him but he had a decent last season averaging 9 asts/game. Obviously the Pelicans thought Holiday would be an improvement. The Kings seem to be interested in him.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How bout this?

1) Work New Orleans into the Bargs Trade
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m9l8ntw

Toronto Sends: Bargnani
    Toronto Receives: 2016 1st Rounder(NY), Vasquez, Camby

New Orleans Sends: Vasquez
    New Orleans Receives: Novak, 2014 2nd rounder(NY), 2017 2nd Rounder(NY)

New York Sends: Novak, Camby, 2016 1st rounder, 2014 2nd Rounder, 2017 2nd Rounder
    New York Recieves: Bargnani

2) Amnesty Klieza

3) 1.4 Mil cap room left
    * * *One of:
    * * * * * * * * *Budinger
    * * * * * * * * *Delfino
    * * * * * * * * *Foye
    * * * * * * * * *M Barnes
    * * * * * * * * *Ebanks

4) 5.17 Mil MLE
    * * *One of:
    * * * * * * * * * Landry
    * * * * * * * * **Hickson
    * * * * * * * * * Clark
    * * * * * * * * * Hansbrough

5) Sign Kabongo&Gray at league minimum

Lowry/Vasquez/Kabongo
    DeRozan/ Ross/ Fields
    Gay/ FA
    FA/ Acy
    Valinciunas/Johnson/ Gray

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They definitely wouldn't consider the Lowry trade. With the Evans signing imminent, their guard positions are so logjammed that there is no point in swapping PG's. They need to clear those positions instead of replacing them.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Vasquez. Think he is in the same boat as Jose on that not a great starter but great backup.

Not sure what I'd give up to get him. Not sure what raps have which they'd want and raps would part with.

Post Thanks / Like

Expandable players are the best. Maybe the Pelicans should expand him a few inches and play him on the wing.
    F*ck Brooklyn

8. Like Shantz liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not convinced that Vasquez is the answer.

I'm more comfortable sticking with Lowry.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I like Vasquez. Think he is in the same boat as Jose on that not a great starter but great backup.

Not sure what I'd give up to get him. Not sure what raps have which they'd want and raps would part with.
    This works - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kvtmxvb

Ross for Vasquez - straight up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    This works - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kvtmxvb

Ross for Vasquez - straight up.
    Would you want to though? I'm not sure Vasquez is the starting PG we need, while perimeter shooting on the wing (Ross) is something we do need. Might be too much to give up for a back-up. I don't see this happening unless MU does some serious crazy dealing over-haul.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm not convinced that Vasquez is the answer.

I'm more comfortable sticking with Lowry.
    Same here. Lowry has a bully mentality that the Raps need in a PG. They have and had way too many nice guys. I'll take the good with the bad when it comes to Lowry.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Would you want to though? I'm not sure Vasquez is the starting PG we need, while perimeter shooting on the wing (Ross) is something we do need. Might be too much to give up for a back-up. I don't see this happening unless MU does some serious crazy dealing over-haul.
    I wouldn't. While I like Vasquez, I agree that he doesn't seem like the PG we need. Could be wrong. But if it's a D first system they're trying to re-emphasize, Vasquez is very much a step back from Lowry (who I'm also not sold on as the PG moving forward). I'd trade Ross straight up for Bledsoe before I'd do it for Vasquez....And I would generally prefer to keep Ross out of the PG pursuit if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't. While I like Vasquez, I agree that he doesn't seem like the PG we need. Could be wrong. But if it's a D first system they're trying to re-emphasize, Vasquez is very much a step back from Lowry (who I'm also not sold on as the PG moving forward). I'd trade Ross straight up for Bledsoe before I'd do it for Vasquez....And I would generally prefer to keep Ross out of the PG pursuit if possible.
    Vasquez seems like a Jose-lite PG to me.

Ross for Bledsoe could have some merit but I agree that I'd rather keep Ross out of the PG discussion unless it is for a legit starting option.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I was thinking backup, definitely not starting. Yeah, I agree giving up Ross is too much, only because of the 'potential' there.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Still confused about Pelican moves. I don't understand why they gave up on Noel and a 1st to snag Holiday. Vasquez was more than capable to run that team. Having to match Phoenix's offer sheet for Gordon was confusing last season. Throwing money at Evans now is crazy. I don't get that team.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What about trade Gay for them if the T.Evans offer sheet is matched by Sac?! Get Vasquez and Aminu.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Should lock this thread up. Not gonna happen. The Pelicans are planning on doing a sign and trade with the Kings and Blazers. The Pelicans sign Evans and they trade Vasquez to the Kings and Lopez to the Blazers. Nothing official but it's rumored

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Should lock this thread up. Not gonna happen. The Pelicans are planning on doing a sign and trade with the Kings and Blazers. The Pelicans sign Evans and they trade Vasquez to the Kings and Lopez to the Blazers. Nothing official but it's rumored
    It's done.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Thread Information