Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors To Use Amnesty Clause on Kleiza

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    Amnestying him would help get us under last's year luxury line, but this year's might actually go up a lot so we might not have to, and save it for next year's FA/draft superclass.
    If we don't amnesty him this year, the only Raptor left that we can amnesty next year is Amir. Amnesty eligible candidates can be found here:
    http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/amnesty_eligible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    If we don't amnesty him this year, the only Raptor left that we can amnesty next year is Amir. Amnesty eligible candidates can be found here:
    http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/amnesty_eligible
    right right, skipped my mind, his contract is over next year anyways

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    deadweight + big contract = amnesty
    They still pay him the money, it just doesn't count against the cap so I don't think it's that easy when you get down to it.

It might be best to keep him until the trade deadline. His expiring deal might be of worth in a trade.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Plus Q-Rich is likely to take a buy-out. He'll basically get $2M for helping Barg's move from Toronto to New York. So that's another roster spot open.
    Doesn't he have 1 year Guaranteed?

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Doesn't he have 1 year Guaranteed?
    Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's at the veteran's min. The buy-out negotiation should be fairly straight forward, "We'll give you the guaranteed year plus 10% to go away" - "Perfect".

I can't remember what the veteran's minimum is now, but it is likely in the $750k-$1.2M range for him.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why are we waiting so long to Amnesty Kleiza?

The choice seems pretty obvious to me and I'm sure it's pretty obvious to most others. More than anyone else on our team Kleiza is a money dump because I think he had about 8 minutes of playing time for the Raptors last season. Why are we waiting so long to amnesty him and put any of his money towards even the lousiest of players on free agency?

Is there a certain period of time before you can amnesty someone, I'm not exactly fully versed on the ins and outs of the new CBA, so maybe someone else can fill me in.

We have so many wing players as it is, why waste another second without giving Kleiza the boot?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DaveyBaby32 wrote: View Post
    The choice seems pretty obvious to me and I'm sure it's pretty obvious to most others. More than anyone else on our team Kleiza is a money dump because I think he had about 8 minutes of playing time for the Raptors last season. Why are we waiting so long to amnesty him and put any of his money towards even the lousiest of players on free agency?

Is there a certain period of time before you can amnesty someone, I'm not exactly fully versed on the ins and outs of the new CBA, so maybe someone else can fill me in.

We have so many wing players as it is, why waste another second without giving Kleiza the boot?
    I suggest having a read through this thread, to get a feel for the financial/CBA impact of amnestying Kleiza, as well as the perceived pros/cons of doing so.

The main point is that using amnesty still leaves Raptors well above salary cap, so they still can only use exceptions - mid-level exception (MLE) and bi-annual exception - to sign free agents.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, this really answers my question. This is a frustrating time for all of us.

Post Thanks / Like

July 10-17 is the time period you can amnesty a player.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Paying someone millions of dollars to go away should never be an easy decision.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleizerbeam got style

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If i were Ujiri i would wait after the european championship to amnesty him, if he plays well, increases his value he will be picked up for a little bit more, save some money for the guys upstairs and bosses love when employes find ways to save you money

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    If i were Ujiri i would wait after the european championship to amnesty him, if he plays well, increases his value he will be picked up for a little bit more, save some money for the guys upstairs and bosses love when employes find ways to save you money
    Shit, by saying he will be picked by a bit more, i meant more money from another team of the amnesty wire

Post Thanks / Like

Amnesty ismonlynan option between July 10 and July 17.

7 day window to use it then gone.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Amnesty ismonlynan option between July 10 and July 17.

7 day window to use it then gone.
    Thanks, i have totally forgot that

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, i have totally forgot that
    I somehow really hope he gets amnestied for his sake as he won't achieve much with the Raptors as currently constructed as well as being a 3rd stringer. As a homer fan I really want him to come back to Europe and play some good basketball in the second half of his career.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    ... As a homer fan I really want him to come back to Europe and play some good basketball in the second half of his career.
    As a homer fan I want him to play some good basketball in the second half of his career as a Raptor.

Not sure why he seemed to lose interest. Health? Playing time? I really liked him in spots and he really had some great games. I don't know why those skills disappeared, or were they only situational?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    As a homer fan I want him to play some good basketball in the second half of his career as a Raptor.

Not sure why he seemed to lose interest. Health? Playing time? I really liked him in spots and he really had some great games. I don't know why those skills disappeared, or were they only situational?
    I think he had a great potential. That career high 41 point game as a Nugget alongside Carmelo and AI shows that.

I think it's partly due to injuries, and partly due to lost hunger on NBA stage. Perhaps he needs to know he's THE GUY to be play well, just look at the Olympics where he dropped 25pts against LeBron and company being #1 option on Lithuanian team.

So yeah, I think it's both psychological and a bit physical. Losing a child in a miscarriage also cannot help the situation.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    I think he had a great potential. That career high 41 point game as a Nugget alongside Carmelo and AI shows that.

I think it's partly due to injuries, and partly due to lost hunger on NBA stage. Perhaps he needs to know he's THE GUY to be play well, just look at the Olympics where he dropped 25pts against LeBron and company being #1 option on Lithuanian team.

So yeah, I think it's both psychological and a bit physical. Losing a child in a miscarriage also cannot help the situation.

potential- i disagree with him having had that potential. he has a shooters chance to get hot and luckily he got 40 one time. he plays well in international ball because his usage rate skyrockets and the 3 point line is an nba long 2. he is the classic tweener with all its problems. he can post up the smaller 3s but no way he can keep up with them he is faster than the 4s(before the knee) but can't out muscle them for boards or position.

not a big fan of tweeners myself.
    For The Win

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    potential- i disagree with him having had that potential. he has a shooters chance to get hot and luckily he got 40 one time....
    From 06-07 to 11-12 he shot 34.6% from three (leaving aside his first year in TO when he was dealing with injury). He average just under (3.8) rebounds a game. He averaged just under 10 points a game. He averaged just under 22 minutes a game.

The Raps have been hurting for 3 point shooting. They have been hurting for rebounding. Kleiza looks like a useful piece off the bench. If somebody can figure out how to get into his head.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information