Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WolstatSun
    @WolstatSun

RT @LithuaniaBasket: Kleiza on possibility of being amnestied: "We'll find out today. I can't tell you anything, as I don't actually know myself."

Comment

I'm going to miss the guy, good character, never the same after microfracture. He doesn't fit this team though and I guess nobody had anything to offer us for him. Masai did the right thing waiting till the last minute. Another example of ensuring the correct decision is made.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Heard Masai talking about it on The Fan this morning.. sad to see him go, but ultimately it's the right decision.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Main reason why I'm going to miss him:

Psycho T is amateur, compared to him.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I don't just like that picture, I love it
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

His knee injury never gave him the chance to show if he deserved the contract or not.

I loved him when strong.... and loved is not too strong of a term. Unfortunately he was never healthy for Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                His knee injury never gave him the chance to show if he deserved the contract or not.

I loved him when strong.... and loved is not too strong of a term. Unfortunately he was never healthy for Toronto.
                Yeah, it's time to wave goodbye, but sad that it didn't work out. I guess I identify with him and his value because I played so much like him, twisted mind and all, lol.

Comment

Good luck to LK!

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                    Main reason why I'm going to miss him:
                    That is an awesome picture.

Bargnani traded.

Kleiza amnestied.

Pat yourself on the backs boys, good job calling it.

Comment

• I never minded Kleiza. He always played hard and he tried to fill his role. Just couldn't stay on the floor with the injuries and, when he was healthy, I think they asked too much of him.

The cleaning out of Colangelo's bad contracts continues.... slowly but surely.

Comment

• And Doug doesnt like it

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Man, he's really ripping into TL and Masai. I wonder how long he's going to be under BC's payroll.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, it's time to wave goodbye, but sad that it didn't work out. I guess I identify with him and his value because I played so much like him, twisted mind and all, lol.
                          Really?? i couldnt have pegged you as somebody aggressive, twisted and as an enforcer. hahahaha

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                            And Doug doesnt like it

Man, he's really ripping into TL and Masai. I wonder how long he's going to be under BC's payroll.
                            Yeah, well Doug doesn't actually understand anything about basketball. Kleiza, while he has a bit of value because he's expiring, still has very low value. He's a very risky player, with his injuries and lack of a role for a couple of years. He also has an awkward mid-range deal. He's not like Hump, Biedrins or Jefferson, where their deals are nice big chunks of capspace for next summer. He also makes a lot more than many rookie-scale guys. Guys on such contracts in his range that would be available are high lottery picks. Not a lot of those likely to be traded, and many that would be are usually for obvious reasons (ie. big busts). I think Kleiza really only has value in a package as cap-relieving filler. It would just be too damn hard to find a good deal with him alone.

Doug should be doing baseball. That's what his blog is like: baseball commentary. One second he's talking about ball, the next he's talking about walking his dog and eating burgers. I can only hope with the way he's writing he stops getting the early track on team news and gets moved off basketball.

The Star has always sucked really hard for basketball coverage. Smith is awful. Feschuk was just overkill with the pessimism. If the Raptors had a great team and won championships, it would've been because of dumb luck and other teams fucking up. The Raptors could do no right in Feschuk's eyes. And don't even get me started on Cathal Kelly...

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                              And Doug doesnt like it

Doug is a knob.

He must forget how to get $200K in guaranteed money off the Raptors books last season (Haddadi) BC had to send a 2nd round pick to get Telfair.

He must also think teams are going to line up to take a player with no meaningful contribution left on an NBA court. The reality is to move him, something has to come back. If you are swapping expiring contracts then just amnesty him now. If you are taking a contract back, how awful is it likely to be or what asset (thinking 2nd rd pick) do you have to throw in to get it done?

Why would the team pay luxury tax for a team/player that is not going to make them a championship contender?

He must not realize the Raptors, in taking Q-Rich, are now hard capped at $75.75M.

He must not realize they had just $1.7M left of space. That included extra money coming back in any trade, 10-day contracts, finding a third PG, etc.

In summary, Doug thinking this is financially motivated shows the level of primary thinking he possesses. This is not a financial move (well, financial is partly a result), this is a CBA move. The team is up against a hard cap, no one in the league wants him for anything that helps Toronto in any way, and they still have holes in their roster.

Ugh. This is a total waste of time on my part. DougGotsToGO!!!!

Comment

• I don't know, I agree with Doug on this one. I don't really see the benefit of this move other than the hope to save some money.

I'm not a fan of Doug and most times I don't agree with him but I think he speaks the truth here no matter if he has an axe to grind. The truth is still the truth no matter the messenger.

Matt, the Raptors are well below the tax threshold. You think they're worried about the cap hitting $72M+ this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X