I guess John Wall didn't know that the Raptors play in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess John Wall didn't know that the Raptors play in Canada

It starts at around 0:45. This is hilarious yet at the same time extremely sad! Is this a recurring trend with basketball players? It is still entirely possible that they just mistranslated the sentence since it's in Mandarin. Still... Really John Wall?

P.S. Mods feel free to move this to "Let's NBA" if you see fit...

John Wall is notoriously dumb as a brick
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Not a big surprise. Canada and America are very identical, both in North america. But yea John Wall isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer

Comment

It's probably an honest mistake, he was probably thinking more internationally.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

would posit that it's far more likely since he's reading lines that are literally in fucking chinese to him that he does in fact realize when he goes through customs and has his passport checked to play games against the raptors he is entering another country.

ceez wrote: View Post
          John Wall is notoriously dumb as a brick
          can you bear that out a little further? that's the first time i've heard anything of the sort and i've followed pretty closely since he committed to uk. a quick google search only shows what a waste of breath colin cowherd is (but we already knew that) and that some guy named jason reid working for the post who shat on him for getting inked is pretty stupid.

or is this just basic blowhardery like the poster in another thread a few days ago who called him a selfish player? clearly that guy's never seen him play or know anything about him.

Comment

got posted twice
            Last edited by chris; Tue Jul 2, 2013, 10:05 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

did dwight say he farted in mandarin at 1:24? haha.

Comment

Yes. Yes, he did. I lol'd.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                  would posit that it's far more likely since he's reading lines that are literally in fucking chinese to him that he does in fact realize when he goes through customs and has his passport checked to play games against the raptors he is entering another country.
                  Exactly, he's reading lines phonetically written in front of him while being asked questions in basically jibberish as far as he can tell.

If anything get mad at the person who wrote those lines for them to say.

Comment

Why so serious? Guy just answered a question in a language, which is mind blowing even to me. I think it's easier to say it is true, than to list all countries. Plus ^ that guys comment.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

This thread is pointless. DO you all have such an inferiority complex? Some non-educated group of athletes doing a promo are ignorant of their own lives. I'm sure John Wall couldn't properly answer a bunch of easy questions.

I mean, I'm 99% sure if someone asked him "have you ever been outside the 50 states?" he'd probably say "no", despite the fact that he lives/works in DC, which is not a state.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        This thread is pointless. DO you all have such an inferiority complex? Some non-educated group of athletes doing a promo are ignorant of their own lives. I'm sure John Wall couldn't properly answer a bunch of easy questions.

I mean, I'm 99% sure if someone asked him "have you ever been outside the 50 states?" he'd probably say "no", despite the fact that he lives/works in DC, which is not a state.
                        I'm confused by your statement. Can you re-phrase it, please?
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          I'm confused by your statement. Can you re-phrase it, please?
                          I think he means something along the lines of: most athletes are stupid and these types of answers should be expected of them. He's right.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            I think he means something along the lines of: most athletes are stupid and these types of answers should be expected of them. He's right.
                            True. I agree with him on this thread being stupid as fuck
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i interpreted it as that there is a real weird insecurity in canadian media and maybe the canadian public in general and definitely on this here board where people love to cry american ignorance/arrogance and yet still pine for validation.

american media pays almost no attention to the raptors because we're irrelevant on the nba landscape. it's nothing personal.

john wall probably doesn't think much about canada because why would he? also not personal.

and like i said upthread i'd bet a dollar he knows what country toronto is.

and yeah, thread is dumb

Comment

Working...
                              X