Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Based on that possibility, the Pistons were among the first teams to reach out to the Celtics and express interest in acquiring Rondo, the All-Star point guard who is coming off an ACL injury, league sources told CBSSports.com. Having already made lucrative pitches to free agents Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala, Pistons president Joe Dumars also has registered interest in Raptors forward Rudy Gay, one source said. CBSSports.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...nger-available

Post Thanks / Like

YES GOD YES DO IT

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...65-Tor-Orl-Det

something along those lines?
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    YES GOD YES DO IT

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...65-Tor-Orl-Det

something along those lines?
    Id rather a better talent than Harkless and a pick for Gay..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah who'd want a first rounder in arguably the best draft in 10 years and possibly the next coming of Paul George?
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

not to mention getting rid of the contract with 20 zeros in it
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Detroit's 2014 pick is owned by Charlotte (top 8 protected though)

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Yeah who'd want a first rounder in arguably the best draft in 10 years and possibly the next coming of Paul George?
    1st Bold: The Pistons with Gay, Drummond, Monroe may not have that high a pick, and its still a Rookie which is unproven

2nd Bold: That is quite a stretch, anything to back that up?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh. I'm sure Dumars is interested in lots of players, because he needs to save his ass in Detroit.

Ujiri is no fool. There are exactly 2 valuable assets on Detroit: Drummond and Monroe. Gay doesn't get traded unless at least one of those guys is involved. Maybe things would be different if Knight could actually play PG.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let the tanking begin!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would take Monroe, KCP and draft pick (and filler/TPE) for Gay. But if Dumars does that, he's probably going to lose his job.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The trick here would be getting anything for Gay, because presumably Detroit doesn't want to move Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond, Brandon Knight or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. That's their quality young core. The problem is they literally have nobody else, and Detroit's 2014 pick is already committed (with protection) to Charlotte.

If we can pry Drummond or Caldwell-Pope from Detroit, though, I would do either of those with multiple second-rounders thrown in straight-up. But Masai can probably work something better - maybe a three- or four-team trade where we move both Rudy AND DeMar and collect some 2014 first-round picks. If Charlotte is silly enough to be offer Al Jefferson a max deal then they are silly enough to trade some of those picks.

Something like:

Toronto gets Ben Gordon, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, rights to Caldwell-Pope, Detroit's first-round draft pick in 2014 unprotected, Portland's 2014 protected first-rounder (via Charlotte), maybe some second-rounders
    Charlotte gets DeMar, Linas Kleiza
    Detroit gets Rudy

That would be pretty amazing.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    The trick here would be getting anything for Gay, because presumably Detroit doesn't want to move Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond, Brandon Knight or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. That's their quality young core. The problem is they literally have nobody else, and Detroit's 2014 pick is already committed (with protection) to Charlotte.

If we can pry Drummond or Caldwell-Pope from Detroit, though, I would do either of those with multiple second-rounders thrown in straight-up. But Masai can probably work something better - maybe a three- or four-team trade where we move both Rudy AND DeMar and collect some 2014 first-round picks. If Charlotte is silly enough to be offer Al Jefferson a max deal then they are silly enough to trade some of those picks.

Something like:

Toronto gets Ben Gordon, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, rights to Caldwell-Pope, Detroit's first-round draft pick in 2014 unprotected, Portland's 2014 protected first-rounder (via Charlotte), maybe some second-rounders
    Detroit gets Rudy

Wow. This is highway robbery!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Ujiri is no fool. There are exactly 2 valuable assets on Detroit: Drummond and Monroe. Gay doesn't get traded unless at least one of those guys is involved. Maybe things would be different if Knight could actually play PG.
    Who cares if Knight can play PG? He was better when he was playing shooting guard with Calderon at point last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Who cares if Knight can play PG? He was better when he was playing shooting guard with Calderon at point last year.
    I care. He can't defend SGs, and he can't play PG. I hate that kind of player.

15. Like Soft Euro, Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a deal here. Rudy makes 5 times more than anyone under contract on Detroit. The only players raptors should be interested in would be Monroe or Drummond. Detroit is unlikely to give up either. Any deal would likely have to involve a sign and trade with a player like Calderon. It'd be incredibly hard to get a deal done with current rosters the way they are. Plus it leaves us with the same hole at SF we had last season. Pass on anything from Detroit that would be available.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jerebko
    Caldwell-Pope
    Stuckey's expiring
    2014 2nd round pick
    2016 1st round pick (w/ protections)

Works in the trade machine. Raptors get another young piece (Caldwell Pope), a serviceable big on a reasonable contract (Jerebko), a big expiring in Stuckey, and more picks. Detroit doesn't have to touch any part of their core.
    Last edited by Fully; Tue Jul 2nd, 2013 at 08:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Something like:

Detroit gets Rudy

I think I might die if that deal went though. That is beautiful.

Raptors Republic Rookie serbiantiger8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pistons obviously won't give up Drummond or Monroe, but that doesn't mean there aren't other options too. For Gay's huge contract, I'd take anything. The Pistons have two expiring contracts, Villanueva and Stuckey, both around 8.5 million. The Pistons situation at the small forward is very poor in quality, with Jonas Jerebko and Kyle Singler. Gay is a huge improvement, and seeing as Iguodala and Josh Smith are likely not heading to the Pistons, this could be their best chance to improve at the 3 spot. i don't see the Pistons giving up both of their expiring contracts at the same time, so the trade would likely be:

Villanueva/Stuckey + Trade Exemption + future picks for Rudy Gay.

The picks would probably b for this year's draft(even though it is protected) and maybe next year's first rounder or a couple of more second rounders. I'd take this trade, as we could almost certainly flip the expiring contracts at the deadline for more picks.

20. Like Bendit liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Wow. This is highway robbery!!!
    Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    I think I might die if that deal went though. That is beautiful.
    lol, I'd think you'll be long dead and buried long before that deal will be done. Charlotte may not be best managed team, but even the NBA league office might step in on that, lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people actually would like Masai to give Gay away for useless expirings? *8&^%@#!(^%$(*#@*

have they ever paid for a ticket? paid for anything?

Thread Information