Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Yeah who'd want a first rounder in arguably the best draft in 10 years and possibly the next coming of Paul George?
    Sadly their pick is going to Charlotte 9+ this year.

Only way Raps get a sniff at their 2014 pick is the right to swap.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

CV or Stuckey
    Knight
    rights to KCP
    rights to Mitchell
    right to swap 2014 and 2015

That would peak my interest.

(BTW - Knight appears to be a backup long term, IMO).
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    CV or Stuckey
    Knight
    rights to KCP
    rights to Mitchell
    right to swap 2014 and 2015

That would peak my interest.

(BTW - Knight appears to be a backup long term, IMO).
    Is that possible? Isn't it apparently Charlotte's pick?

Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    The trick here would be getting anything for Gay, because presumably Detroit doesn't want to move Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond, Brandon Knight or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. That's their quality young core. The problem is they literally have nobody else, and Detroit's 2014 pick is already committed (with protection) to Charlotte.

If we can pry Drummond or Caldwell-Pope from Detroit, though, I would do either of those with multiple second-rounders thrown in straight-up. But Masai can probably work something better - maybe a three- or four-team trade where we move both Rudy AND DeMar and collect some 2014 first-round picks. If Charlotte is silly enough to be offer Al Jefferson a max deal then they are silly enough to trade some of those picks.

Something like:

Toronto gets Ben Gordon, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, rights to Caldwell-Pope, Detroit's first-round draft pick in 2014 unprotected, Portland's 2014 protected first-rounder (via Charlotte), maybe some second-rounders
    Charlotte gets DeMar, Linas Kleiza
    Detroit gets Rudy

That would be pretty amazing.
    Not sure why you included Detroit's 2014 first round pick in your proposed trade when you noted a few sentences earlier that they do not own their 2014 first round pick, and therefore cannot trade it.

EDIT:
    Sorry, this trade was too insane for me to even notice you had Charlotte giving up detroit's first round 2014 pick, Portland's 2014 first round pick, MKG, and second rounders for Demar and Kleiza. That my friend, is the definition of INSANITY! 3 lotto picks for Derozan (two in 2014 + MKG)?!?!?! I like DD but holy shit that's never going to happen.
    Last edited by Primer; Tue Jul 2nd, 2013 at 09:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    Is that possible? Isn't it apparently Charlotte's pick?
    Yes it is possible if Detroit owns the pick.

If Charlotte owns the pick, Toronto gets jack.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I would take Monroe, KCP and draft pick (and filler/TPE) for Gay. But if Dumars does that, he's probably going to lose his job.
    at least it benefits the raps!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Naw dawg. I'll pass on that trade.

Raptors Republic Rookie serbiantiger8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another possibility is to include Jason Maxiell, in a sign-and-trade. Stuckey+Maxiell+picks for Gay. Both would fill the backup spots for their respective positions, and Stuckey is expiring. Even though I want the Raps to go hard for Grievis Vasquez, Stuckey would be decent, probably traded at the deadline anyway.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote serbiantiger8 wrote: View Post
    Another possibility is to include Jason Maxiell, in a sign-and-trade. Stuckey+Maxiell+picks for Gay. Both would fill the backup spots for their respective positions, and Stuckey is expiring. Even though I want the Raps to go hard for Grievis Vasquez, Stuckey would be decent, probably traded at the deadline anyway.
    Stucky and Maxiell are bad players on a bad team. Why would we want them? Total garbage. Stuckey struggled to play PG. So they eventually moved him to SG. Then to the bench. Now probably to another team. Maxiell looked like he was 59 years old out there last year. An undersized hustle PF with an extremely limited offensive game isn't very useful when he loses his athleticism. This would basically be a comparable deal to what they got done for Bargs. That's pretty dreadful.

Post Thanks / Like

what i hope Ujiri does with this team

office space printer scene (original) from alazankin on Vimeo.

@jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously Detroit is an awful trading partner.

12. Like bounty, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This might be crazy (but so is dumars at times) but given their reported interest in josh smith, they may have a very crowded front court. Maybe he saw enough in Drummond last year (as many in the republic did) to make Monroe expendable and go with a gay/smith/drummond front? Stranger things have happened. Has Monroe plateaued?

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol

Post Thanks / Like

If the Raps trade Gay then that means next season is all about tanking for Wiggins. If Gay stays then it means playoffs.

If i'm MU, I don't know what i would do. I want to make the playoffs but i also want Andrew Wiggins.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

16. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

If i'm MU, I don't know what i would do. I want to make the playoffs but i also want Andrew Wiggins.
    MU did say that the goal was to win a championship so any half-assed effort of not going for it will mean that MU lied to the Raptors nation.

Post Thanks / Like

funny part is that Detroit fans expect Gay+Raps pick for used parts (not Monroe or Drummond). entertaining read to say the least:
    http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7...s-trade-rumors

Raptors Republic Rookie serbiantiger8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Stucky and Maxiell are bad players on a bad team. Why would we want them? Total garbage. Stuckey struggled to play PG. So they eventually moved him to SG. Then to the bench. Now probably to another team. Maxiell looked like he was 59 years old out there last year. An undersized hustle PF with an extremely limited offensive game isn't very useful when he loses his athleticism. This would basically be a comparable deal to what they got done for Bargs. That's pretty dreadful.
    Maxiell would be our backup power forward, he'd probable be getting around 15 minutes a night, where he can hustle and play solid defense, which he can do. I agree with you on Stuckey 100 percent, but he's an expiring contract, and there will be some team out there at the trade deadline who would give up some picks or another player for that expiring contracts. Plus the picks don't hurt. Detroit is one of the few teams that a trade for Gay would make sense, as they seriously lack talent at the 3 position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ryanc123 wrote: View Post
    Based on that possibility, the Pistons were among the first teams to reach out to the Celtics and express interest in acquiring Rondo, the All-Star point guard who is coming off an ACL injury, league sources told CBSSports.com. Having already made lucrative pitches to free agents Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala, Pistons president Joe Dumars also has registered interest in Raptors forward Rudy Gay, one source said. CBSSports.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...nger-available
    let me think about that...yeeeaah..NO.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else think it's interesting that the Pistons would announce their interest at all? I mean, you don't often hear about teams showing interest in a player, especially a "pseudo-all star" unless they think or have heard they might be available.

Maybe I'm just over thinking things...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Does anyone else think it's interesting that the Pistons would announce their interest at all? I mean, you don't often hear about teams showing interest in a player, especially a "pseudo-all star" unless they think or have heard they might be available.
    Partially it's interest. Partially it's to remind the other guys they're courting, like Iggy and Josh Smith, that Detroit has options.

Thread Information