Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Marc Stein: My man @WindhorstESPN reporting that Pistons have offered expiring deals of Rodney Stuckey and Charlie Villanueva to Toronto for Rudy Gay
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    MU did say that the goal was to win a championship so any half-assed effort of not going for it will mean that MU lied to the Raptors nation.
    What would you do then if you're MU?

This current team in my opinion is good enough to make the playoffs next season maybe good enough to win a round. That's it. Not a championship team. Not even close. If championship is the goal then they have to tank next season and hopefully land either Wiggins or Parker. But like i said before that route is very risky.

The other route that they can take is the free agency route. But i can't remember the last time a big name free agent signed in Toronto.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Laughed pretty hard at that. Maybe they'll throw in Corey Maggette too?? *crosses fingers*

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Even a 2015 unprotected 1st round pick along with other picks and expiring contracts should be fine.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an embarrassing offer that we shouldn't even be giving a look unless it includes their pick next year and maybe another. We can't use the money to draw in a FA especially after all the losing we'll do. And again no guarantee we get that franchise altering player..at that point we end up in the dark ages for another 5 years.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"My man Windhorst@...". Hahahaha...did someone flatulate?

It didnt smell so good Stein...ask Windy/JoeD to fart again and we'll get back to you.

It is the silly season.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ewww! No pick? No prospects? WTF are you doing Joe?

Post Thanks / Like

lmao at camby+charlie v back in toronto

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Marc Stein: My man @WindhorstESPN reporting that Pistons have offered expiring deals of Rodney Stuckey and Charlie Villanueva to Toronto for Rudy Gay
    That's disgusting

10. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Jerebko
    Caldwell-Pope
    Stuckey's expiring
    2014 2nd round pick
    2016 1st round pick (w/ protections)

Works in the trade machine. Raptors get another young piece (Caldwell Pope), a serviceable big on a reasonable contract (Jerebko), a big expiring in Stuckey, and more picks. Detroit doesn't have to touch any part of their core.
    I know the trade machine had Charlie V disabled because he picked up his option, but I'm pretty sure that he's eligible to be traded now that July is here. He's in his last year at $8.5m.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

so, pistons fans think his value is somewhere around CV and stuckey expirings, plus we throw in 2014 for the privilege (laughable).

raptors fans think his value is something like 2013 # 1 overall pick plus tristan thompson OR monroe/drummond + 1st round pick (equally laughable).

i think the real value is somewhere in between, but closer to what stein is tweeting. maybe those expirings plus future first rounder is the least that i'd hope for. i like fully and matt_52's proposals upthread but think those are a little optimistic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote chris wrote: View Post
    so, pistons fans think his value is somewhere around CV and stuckey expirings, plus we throw in 2014 for the privilege (laughable).

raptors fans think his value is something like 2013 # 1 overall pick plus tristan thompson OR monroe/drummond + 1st round pick (equally laughable).

i think the real value is somewhere in between, but closer to what stein is tweeting. maybe those expirings plus future first rounder is the least that i'd hope for. i like fully and matt_52's proposals upthread but think those are a little optimistic.
    Which Raptor fans are you talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll only be ok with sending Gay to Detroit if Caldwell-Pope is included (obviously monroe/drummond are untouchable)

Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Demar DeRozan for Stuckey and Charlie. :P

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    Which Raptor fans are you talking about?
    there was a whole thread and poll about gay for the # 1 here. many thought the raptors would be getting TOTALLY SCREWED because NO ONE in that draft would EVER AMOUNT TO BEING AS TALENTED AS GAY. i definitely saw multiple posts by multiple posters with variations of # 1 overall + TT + filler (alonzo gee or the like) as well, though i can't remember exactly where off the top.

white men can't jump suggested monroe, KCP, plus pick (unspecified) earlier upthread. magoon suggested an even more wildly optimistic 3 way with charlotte that nets us "Ben Gordon, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, rights to Caldwell-Pope, Detroit's first-round draft pick in 2014 unprotected, Portland's 2014 protected first-rounder (via Charlotte), maybe some second-rounders" though he was maybe being sarcastic

both of these are not in the realm of possibility, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

lol yeah both are definitely unrealistic.

I really liked Matt52's suggestion. Making this trade would probably mean we miss the playoffs, but a lottery pick in a draft expecting guys like Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Marcus Smart, Andrew Harrison, James Young, etc., is very very intriguing. Getting Knight and KCP would be great too

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

One first-rounder plus one solid prospect is the minimum I'd want back. Based on Stein's tweet, this sounds more like Detroit hoping that Ujiri is dead-set on gutting the team, hoping they can lowball him. I'd be shocked if expirings is the most that Gay demands in this market. Geez, look at the return that Bargnani just got. This alleged offer for Gay has less value to it than that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah all that cap space would be great. We would totally use it, just like last year.

/s

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, the only way I would ever agree to this trade was if we got a first round pick out of it or if we got Greg Monroe.

But neither are probably happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    lol yeah both are definitely unrealistic.

I really liked Matt52's suggestion. Making this trade would probably mean we miss the playoffs, but a lottery pick in a draft expecting guys like Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Marcus Smart, Andrew Harrison, James Young, etc., is very very intriguing. Getting Knight and KCP would be great too
    We wouldn't even be that bad considering how bad other teams have gotten.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information