No announcement yet.

Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find Sam Amico to be more and more interesting/credible by the day.

12:33
    Comment From Rhett
    Hey Sam, you nailed the last Raptors rumour you mentioned. So can I ask if you think Cleveland has any interest in Rudy Gay, and whether you think Toronto is entering firesale mode?
    12:35

Sam Amico: Yeah, I think the Raptors would like to move Gay. I would hope the Cavs would get in on those conversations. Pistons are all over it. Raptors appear to be OK with playing the lottery in 2014. Maybe not a bad idea.
    http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/cle...17&feedID=3725

Comment

• Rudy doing his part to up his trade value!

lol

jk

sorta

Comment

• Rudy Gay just now on his twitter: Lookin forward to playing a full season with the raptors
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Rudy doing his part to up his trade value!

lol

jk

sorta
          Rudy is trolling the media and the fans, or is he?!

Comment

• I like Rudy, no problems there aside from his whining to the officials...but I have been a fan a lon time, they have sucked, more or less...always. Whats one more year if it gives you even at best a 25% chance to land the hottest prospect on the planet, who just happens to be From the GTA?

I say tank, and tank hard, really hard.

Comment

Rudy doing his part to up his trade value!

lol

jk

sorta
              To me it sounds like Ujiri talked to him and said "Don't worry about these rumours. Your not going anywhere." Gay is an intelligent guy he wouldn't post something like that. Too be traded days later!
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• There are a few shoes to drop before there is a Rudy deal if any. Howard. Josh Smith and Iggy. Rudy after those. Teams who miss out on DH will probably default to the next two. When they sign Gay is the next best (?) SF available for any team wanting to make some type of statement and fill a need. MU doesnt have to be aggressive now but I doubt he shuts down any move that looks very attractive (picks and player/s). Detroit & Cleve. are probably among those wanting a SF and likely to miss out on the other players mentioned above...and they have the means...and there is always the possibility of some other team from left field like Phoenix for Bledsoe.

Comment

• People hear what they want to hear. GMs, as a rule, don't take players aside and tell them if they're going to be traded or not unless they specifically want to send a message out to other GMs.

So there are three possible interpretations here:

1. Ujiri called up Rudy and said "we're not trading you, feel free to tell people that" so that other GMs know Toronto is not interested in trading Rudy. This is extremely unlikely because Rudy is not LeBron James and therefore it is definitely more than possible to get superior value to Rudy in a trade. (Here, I'll do one for you now: L.A. doesn't want Andrew Bogut and Harrison Barnes in a sign-and-trade with Golden State for Dwight Howard, so we jump in as a third-party enabler to make it happen, sending Rudy to L.A. for Bogut, Barnes, and first-rounders from L.A. and Golden State. That is WILDLY better value than what Rudy offers. I am not saying this will happen - I am saying it is an example of what would easily be better value to Toronto than Rudy.)

2. Ujiri called up Rudy and said as above, so that other GMs know that if they want Rudy, they have to make a real offer and none of this Detroit "oh take our expiring shitty contracts" bullshit.

3. Ujiri hasn't said crap to Rudy and Rudy is just trying to communicate that he doesn't want to be traded, or that he's not the sort of guy to go complaining and saying he wants to be traded because he's a team guy (and whether that's the Raptors or another team, who knows), or something else entirely.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    To me it sounds like Ujiri talked to him and said "Don't worry about these rumours. Your not going anywhere." Gay is an intelligent guy he wouldn't post something like that. Too be traded days later!
                    I doubt MU would do that.

All trade options will be explored to improve this team long terms.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      There are a few shoes to drop before there is a Rudy deal if any. Howard. Josh Smith and Iggy. Rudy after those. Teams who miss out on DH will probably default to the next two. When they sign Gay is the next best (?) SF available for any team wanting to make some type of statement and fill a need. MU doesnt have to be aggressive now but I doubt he shuts down any move that looks very attractive (picks and player/s). Detroit & Cleve. are probably among those wanting a SF and likely to miss out on the other players mentioned above...and they have the means...and there is always the possibility of some other team from left field like Phoenix for Bledsoe.
                      Howard is THE shoe.

Cleveland and Detroit are very interesting IF IF IF Gay were to be traded.

Both teams owners have said Playoffs or bust next season.

Both teams have a lot of cap space and/or expiring contracts.

Both teams have desirable pieces (CLE: PF/Bennett/Thompson, future picks, Karasev; DET: KCV, Mitchell, Knight, Monroe).

Comment

Howard is THE shoe.

Cleveland and Detroit are very interesting IF IF IF Gay were to be traded.

Both teams owners have said Playoffs or bust next season.

Both teams have a lot of cap space and/or expiring contracts.

Both teams have desirable pieces (CLE: PF/Bennett/Thompson, future picks, Karasev; DET: KCV, Mitchell, Knight, Monroe).
                        If Cavs interest is like the Pistons, who cares? Considering where these two teams are at in talent, their interest is in thinking Rudy can take them over the top to their goal, so why would they give good assets? As evidenced by the idiotic Detroit "offer", it appears that not only are some dumb media people thinking that the AB trade is a signal that Masai is holding a fire sale to tank, but Detroit and possibly Cleveland are that stupid too?

Comment

• It's always nice to have multiple dance partners in a trade. MU has some experience in this

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                            If Cavs interest is like the Pistons, who cares? Considering where these two teams are at in talent, their interest is in thinking Rudy can take them over the top to their goal, so why would they give good assets? As evidenced by the idiotic Detroit "offer", it appears that not only are some dumb media people thinking that the AB trade is a signal that Masai is holding a fire sale to tank, but Detroit and possibly Cleveland are that stupid too?
                            You have to start somewhere.

If Dumars calls and says, "Stuckey and CV for Gay. What say you?"

You can guarantee the comeback (through muffled laughter in the background by Weltman) is, "I was thinking KCP, Monroe, Drummond, Mitchell, and your 2nd round pick."

One thing to remember is the Cavs have a backlog at PF (Bennett, Thompson, arguably Varejao) and if the Pistons end up with Smith, Monroe might suddenly be odd man out.

Can't wait for the D12 shoe to drop.

Comment

• Thing is even if we trade Rudy Gay this team is not bad enought to tank. Other than 4-19 start this team played just above .500 basketball. Between the 4-19 start from when the acquired Rudy Gay the raptors went 12-11. Even if they just trade Gay this team will still win 30+ games. That is not effective tanking.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nice to see that appear in my feed. Its also a nice Fuck you to the Pistons.

Comment

Working...
                                X