• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerebko
    Caldwell-Pope
    Stuckey's expiring
    2014 2nd round pick
    2016 1st round pick (w/ protections)

Works in the trade machine. Raptors get another young piece (Caldwell Pope), a serviceable big on a reasonable contract (Jerebko), a big expiring in Stuckey, and more picks. Detroit doesn't have to touch any part of their core.
    Last edited by Fully; Tue Jul 2, 2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
      The trick here would be getting anything for Gay, because presumably Detroit doesn't want to move Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond, Brandon Knight or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. That's their quality young core. The problem is they literally have nobody else, and Detroit's 2014 pick is already committed (with protection) to Charlotte.

If we can pry Drummond or Caldwell-Pope from Detroit, though, I would do either of those with multiple second-rounders thrown in straight-up. But Masai can probably work something better - maybe a three- or four-team trade where we move both Rudy AND DeMar and collect some 2014 first-round picks. If Charlotte is silly enough to be offer Al Jefferson a max deal then they are silly enough to trade some of those picks.

Something like:

Toronto gets Ben Gordon, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, rights to Caldwell-Pope, Detroit's first-round draft pick in 2014 unprotected, Portland's 2014 protected first-rounder (via Charlotte), maybe some second-rounders
      Charlotte gets DeMar, Linas Kleiza
      Detroit gets Rudy

That would be pretty amazing.
      I think I might die if that deal went though. That is beautiful.

Comment

Pistons obviously won't give up Drummond or Monroe, but that doesn't mean there aren't other options too. For Gay's huge contract, I'd take anything. The Pistons have two expiring contracts, Villanueva and Stuckey, both around 8.5 million. The Pistons situation at the small forward is very poor in quality, with Jonas Jerebko and Kyle Singler. Gay is a huge improvement, and seeing as Iguodala and Josh Smith are likely not heading to the Pistons, this could be their best chance to improve at the 3 spot. i don't see the Pistons giving up both of their expiring contracts at the same time, so the trade would likely be:

Villanueva/Stuckey + Trade Exemption + future picks for Rudy Gay.

The picks would probably b for this year's draft(even though it is protected) and maybe next year's first rounder or a couple of more second rounders. I'd take this trade, as we could almost certainly flip the expiring contracts at the deadline for more picks.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          Wow. This is highway robbery!!!
          Sam17 wrote: View Post
          I think I might die if that deal went though. That is beautiful.
          lol, I'd think you'll be long dead and buried long before that deal will be done. Charlotte may not be best managed team, but even the NBA league office might step in on that, lol

Comment

Some people actually would like Masai to give Gay away for useless expirings? *8&^%@#!(^%$(*#@*

have they ever paid for a ticket? paid for anything?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Yeah who'd want a first rounder in arguably the best draft in 10 years and possibly the next coming of Paul George?
              Sadly their pick is going to Charlotte 9+ this year.

Only way Raps get a sniff at their 2014 pick is the right to swap.

Comment

CV or Stuckey
                Knight
                rights to KCP
                rights to Mitchell
                right to swap 2014 and 2015

That would peak my interest.

(BTW - Knight appears to be a backup long term, IMO).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  CV or Stuckey
                  Knight
                  rights to KCP
                  rights to Mitchell
                  right to swap 2014 and 2015

That would peak my interest.

(BTW - Knight appears to be a backup long term, IMO).
                  Is that possible? Isn't it apparently Charlotte's pick?

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                    The trick here would be getting anything for Gay, because presumably Detroit doesn't want to move Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond, Brandon Knight or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. That's their quality young core. The problem is they literally have nobody else, and Detroit's 2014 pick is already committed (with protection) to Charlotte.

If we can pry Drummond or Caldwell-Pope from Detroit, though, I would do either of those with multiple second-rounders thrown in straight-up. But Masai can probably work something better - maybe a three- or four-team trade where we move both Rudy AND DeMar and collect some 2014 first-round picks. If Charlotte is silly enough to be offer Al Jefferson a max deal then they are silly enough to trade some of those picks.

Something like:

Toronto gets Ben Gordon, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, rights to Caldwell-Pope, Detroit's first-round draft pick in 2014 unprotected, Portland's 2014 protected first-rounder (via Charlotte), maybe some second-rounders
                    Charlotte gets DeMar, Linas Kleiza
                    Detroit gets Rudy

That would be pretty amazing.
                    Not sure why you included Detroit's 2014 first round pick in your proposed trade when you noted a few sentences earlier that they do not own their 2014 first round pick, and therefore cannot trade it.

EDIT:
                    Sorry, this trade was too insane for me to even notice you had Charlotte giving up detroit's first round 2014 pick, Portland's 2014 first round pick, MKG, and second rounders for Demar and Kleiza. That my friend, is the definition of INSANITY! 3 lotto picks for Derozan (two in 2014 + MKG)?!?!?! I like DD but holy shit that's never going to happen.
                    Last edited by Primer; Tue Jul 2, 2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                      Is that possible? Isn't it apparently Charlotte's pick?
                      Yes it is possible if Detroit owns the pick.

If Charlotte owns the pick, Toronto gets jack.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        I would take Monroe, KCP and draft pick (and filler/TPE) for Gay. But if Dumars does that, he's probably going to lose his job.
                        at least it benefits the raps!!!

Comment

Naw dawg. I'll pass on that trade.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Another possibility is to include Jason Maxiell, in a sign-and-trade. Stuckey+Maxiell+picks for Gay. Both would fill the backup spots for their respective positions, and Stuckey is expiring. Even though I want the Raps to go hard for Grievis Vasquez, Stuckey would be decent, probably traded at the deadline anyway.

Comment

serbiantiger8 wrote: View Post
                              Another possibility is to include Jason Maxiell, in a sign-and-trade. Stuckey+Maxiell+picks for Gay. Both would fill the backup spots for their respective positions, and Stuckey is expiring. Even though I want the Raps to go hard for Grievis Vasquez, Stuckey would be decent, probably traded at the deadline anyway.
                              Stucky and Maxiell are bad players on a bad team. Why would we want them? Total garbage. Stuckey struggled to play PG. So they eventually moved him to SG. Then to the bench. Now probably to another team. Maxiell looked like he was 59 years old out there last year. An undersized hustle PF with an extremely limited offensive game isn't very useful when he loses his athleticism. This would basically be a comparable deal to what they got done for Bargs. That's pretty dreadful.

Comment

what i hope Ujiri does with this team

office space printer scene (original) from alazankin on Vimeo.

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X