No announcement yet.

Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously Detroit is an awful trading partner.

Comment

This might be crazy (but so is dumars at times) but given their reported interest in josh smith, they may have a very crowded front court. Maybe he saw enough in Drummond last year (as many in the republic did) to make Monroe expendable and go with a gay/smith/drummond front? Stranger things have happened. Has Monroe plateaued?

Comment

Lol

Comment

If the Raps trade Gay then that means next season is all about tanking for Wiggins. If Gay stays then it means playoffs.

If i'm MU, I don't know what i would do. I want to make the playoffs but i also want Andrew Wiggins.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

If i'm MU, I don't know what i would do. I want to make the playoffs but i also want Andrew Wiggins.
            MU did say that the goal was to win a championship so any half-assed effort of not going for it will mean that MU lied to the Raptors nation.

Comment

funny part is that Detroit fans expect Gay+Raps pick for used parts (not Monroe or Drummond). entertaining read to say the least:
              http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7...s-trade-rumors

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Stucky and Maxiell are bad players on a bad team. Why would we want them? Total garbage. Stuckey struggled to play PG. So they eventually moved him to SG. Then to the bench. Now probably to another team. Maxiell looked like he was 59 years old out there last year. An undersized hustle PF with an extremely limited offensive game isn't very useful when he loses his athleticism. This would basically be a comparable deal to what they got done for Bargs. That's pretty dreadful.
                Maxiell would be our backup power forward, he'd probable be getting around 15 minutes a night, where he can hustle and play solid defense, which he can do. I agree with you on Stuckey 100 percent, but he's an expiring contract, and there will be some team out there at the trade deadline who would give up some picks or another player for that expiring contracts. Plus the picks don't hurt. Detroit is one of the few teams that a trade for Gay would make sense, as they seriously lack talent at the 3 position.

Comment

ryanc123 wrote: View Post
                  Based on that possibility, the Pistons were among the first teams to reach out to the Celtics and express interest in acquiring Rondo, the All-Star point guard who is coming off an ACL injury, league sources told CBSSports.com. Having already made lucrative pitches to free agents Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala, Pistons president Joe Dumars also has registered interest in Raptors forward Rudy Gay, one source said. CBSSports.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...nger-available
                  let me think about that...yeeeaah..NO.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Does anyone else think it's interesting that the Pistons would announce their interest at all? I mean, you don't often hear about teams showing interest in a player, especially a "pseudo-all star" unless they think or have heard they might be available.

Maybe I'm just over thinking things...
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      Does anyone else think it's interesting that the Pistons would announce their interest at all? I mean, you don't often hear about teams showing interest in a player, especially a "pseudo-all star" unless they think or have heard they might be available.
                      Partially it's interest. Partially it's to remind the other guys they're courting, like Iggy and Josh Smith, that Detroit has options.

Comment

Marc Stein: My man @WindhorstESPN reporting that Pistons have offered expiring deals of Rodney Stuckey and Charlie Villanueva to Toronto for Rudy Gay
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          MU did say that the goal was to win a championship so any half-assed effort of not going for it will mean that MU lied to the Raptors nation.
                          What would you do then if you're MU?

This current team in my opinion is good enough to make the playoffs next season maybe good enough to win a round. That's it. Not a championship team. Not even close. If championship is the goal then they have to tank next season and hopefully land either Wiggins or Parker. But like i said before that route is very risky.

The other route that they can take is the free agency route. But i can't remember the last time a big name free agent signed in Toronto.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Laughed pretty hard at that. Maybe they'll throw in Corey Maggette too?? *crosses fingers*
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Even a 2015 unprotected 1st round pick along with other picks and expiring contracts should be fine.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

That's an embarrassing offer that we shouldn't even be giving a look unless it includes their pick next year and maybe another. We can't use the money to draw in a FA especially after all the losing we'll do. And again no guarantee we get that franchise altering player..at that point we end up in the dark ages for another 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X