Thread: Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that is not Rondo or Gay.

But it is Novak!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

But it is Novak!
    What is something they can actually give us that we want? Not much...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    What is something they can actually give us that we want? Not much...
    Tony Mitchell?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i was going to mention this a few days ago. putting the cart waaaay in front of the horse..but, do we want Monroe? Is he improving or has he reached a plateau? Even the piston sites talk about players making up for his defensive shortcomings (where have we heard that before?). Is he the answer for PF?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

But it is Novak!
    Novak & Camby for Stuckey?
    Why not go crazy:
    Gay, Kyle, Camby & Novak for
    Charlie V, Stuckey, Monroe & Knight? (Maybe even a first rounder?)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Declining The Pistons Offer for Gay Shows Ujiri Isn't Looking To Dump Gay..

Pretty sure this tweet was already posted. But, I still see people who think Ujiri is looking to rid of Rudy..I don't think that's happening.

I'm 75/25 he's on the team come October. I actually think that if Ujiri is looking to trade Gay, it works to his advantage to keep him into the season.

I really think raps fans are just antsy and getting a little trade-happy. Like your just expecting Ujiri to instantly make his mark..

I believe Ujiri abides by the saying; "Patience. All good things come to those who wait."

I believe his biggest move was trading Bargnani
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

i think he's just being patient knowing if anything there'll probably be even more interest come trade deadline time
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

All that tweet says is "a couple of shit expiring contracts doesn't get it done" and that was perfectly obvious.

9. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I posted a few days ago you gotta wait at least till the 10th and then a week after. MU seems to be passing on the f/a class so he is not looking to bolster/improve...so what does that say? You still got to wait to know what his real plan is. To me he hasnt revealed it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    All that tweet says is "a couple of shit expiring contracts doesn't get it done" and that was perfectly obvious.
    No, that's not what it says. It says "raptors happy to keep their best player"
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    No, that's not what it says. It says "raptors happy to keep their best player"
    No it says offer a good package OTHERWISE happy to keep their best player, meaning he's available for the right price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    No it says offer a good package OTHERWISE happy to keep their best player, meaning he's available for the right price.
    everyone is available for the right price

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    Exactly.

Anyways, hearing the Rockets wants to add another great player on their team. I wonder if they'll be interested in Gay?

Parsons + Asik + Robinson for Gay + Acy?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Exactly.

Anyways, hearing the Rockets wants to add another great player on their team. I wonder if they'll be interested in Gay?

Parsons + Asik + Robinson for Gay + Acy?
    Why though? How do we benefit from this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Why though? How do we benefit from this?
    You know how much i love Rudy Gay right? but with Parsons the Raptors are going to get one of the most underrated SF in the game. A guy that can shoot the ball, can handle the ball and he's a pretty good defender as well.

With Asik, they're going to get a quality backup big. Not sure if Asik wants to be a backup though. Because i think he's good enough to be a starting caliber C in this league.

Robinson on the other hand i think is still a project. I still think he's a player with a big upside.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    You know how much i love Rudy Gay right? but with Parsons the Raptors are going to get one of the most underrated SF in the game. A guy that can shoot the ball, can handle the ball and he's a pretty good defender as well.

With Asik, they're going to get a quality backup big. Not sure if Asik wants to be a backup though. Because i think he's good enough to be a starting caliber C in this league.

Robinson on the other hand i think is still a project. I still think he's a player with a big upside.
    Don't like it. You get C that doesn't want to back Howard but, you want him to back up an unproven 21 year old?

Parson is good but he can't even shine Rudy's shoes.

Robinson plays for Portland now. He was traded last week.

Even if you offered a pick I wouldn't like the deal.

18. Like Sam17 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Robinson is w/ Portland now? wow. 3 teams in 1 year. Crazy.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that trade scenario doesn't make much sense TRex.

-Parsons would definitely have to be included in any deal (without knowing what a multi-team deal could present), but is not a centrepiece of any deal on his own.

-And yeah, it makes 0 sense to trade for Asik so he can back up JV.

I think, by default, Lin would be included in any deal instead of Asik. I also think the "centrepiece" angle is going to be young players/picks...which could include Parsons, but he's clearly not enough.

So.....if Parsons is included so he can basically replace Gay....the other pieces that will be the core of this deal will be from guys like Jones, Motiejunas, Beverley, and any picks or draft rights they throw our way as well. If Lin is going out, Beverley is clearly off the table. I also think given his potentially great fit with Howard, Motiejunas goes nowhere unless they're trading for a stretch big.

My preference would be for Jones-Parsons, and draft picks/draft rights
    A couple of under-the-radar names Houston has the draft rights to...
    -Kostas Papanikolaou: think the Greek Garbo, but young and with a better shot.d
    -Marko Todovoric: Could be a solid rotation big, and a more fitting back up than Asik, albeit he's going to stay stashed in Spain.

Also any deal probably takes a 3rd team, because Lin/Asik, Jones and Parsons doesn't come close to Rudy's pay. So that makes things fuzzier.

Post Thanks / Like

If the bigs on the pistons don't mesh. Could probably score one of them in a Gay deal. I could see maybe a three team trade with Smith going to the rockets, Asik going to the pistons, Gay going to the pistons and a pick and Munroe or Drummond coming to Toronto. That's the basic outline, there'd be some details and shit. Though, that's assuming a lot, obviously.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    If the bigs on the pistons don't mesh. Could probably score one of them in a Gay deal. I could see maybe a three team trade with Smith going to the rockets, Asik going to the pistons, Gay going to the pistons and a pick and Munroe or Drummond coming to Toronto. That's the basic outline, there'd be some details and shit. Though, that's assuming a lot, obviously.
    Detroit trading Drummond would be like us trading Val: it's not going to happen except in a scenario where the team gets superstar talent in return. Drummond and Val are both potential franchise centers. And they're not going to trade Smith either unless he gets pissy and demands a trade, which he won't do in his first year because that would be insane.

Monroe, Knight and KCP are their serious trade chips, and Detroit isn't going to give up any of them cheaply. I can certainly see them engineering a trade with Houston (Lin and Asik for Monroe and Knight) or even us (Rudy for Monroe and crap), but they're not going to give away the farm.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information