Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Time To let Go..

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Time To let Go..

Being a die hard raptors fan i think it' finally time to let go of the past.

Jose's not comming back to t dot even though jose's last interview as a raptor still haunts me. :'( and im pretty sure DeMar wont stay a raptor, even though most fans would hate to let go of him. Its Ujiri's team now and he'll do what ever he has to do to make this team in to a contender, even if it means letting go of someone as close to the organization as DeRozan. If demar gets traded i might have to go through two weeks of serious rehab.

one thing i know for sure is that Ujiri is damn serious about helping out the raptors. OMAAGOOD RUDDY JUST TWEETED THAT HES EXCITED TO PLAY A FULL SEASON WITH THE RAPTORS..FANGIRLING....AHHH.... ehem i was saying its a new era, and the best thing is to let go of the past thats been weighing us down.

Time to let go of Vince, t-mac, Bosh, Jose, Ed Davis, Bayless and everyone that was important to the raptors family.

and time to look towards the future
    put them sunglasses on cuz it seems bright

2. Like Puffer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bayless...really?

Anyways, it was a new era whenB Col.came in and nobody let go of T_/Mac or Vince or even Stoudamire..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its good practice in all things to let the past go. Sadly most sports fans aren't always rational. We affiliate ourselves with a Franchise, not fully accepting that it is only sports ENTERTAINMENT, nothing more, nothing less. The players just actors in roles and easily interchangeable. I think in the last years where the Maple Leafs were good in 93-94 was when I finally really accepted that it was just sports, they were just players.... it makes it more enjoyable really.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Bayless...really?
    looool i used to hate bayless when he was in Toronto (such a ball hog.. self obsessed too) but when he got traded to Memphis he fit in so well that it made me jealous

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Its good practice in all things to let the past go. Sadly most sports fans aren't always rational. We affiliate ourselves with a Franchise, not fully accepting that it is only sports ENTERTAINMENT, nothing more, nothing less. The players just actors in roles and easily interchangeable. I think in the last years where the Maple Leafs were good in 93-94 was when I finally really accepted that it was just sports, they were just players.... it makes it more enjoyable really.
    i know, but i take the raps to heart and its a bad habit. lool im only 14 and the raptors were the only thing that i used to watch, i only remember hints of vince carter and a little of bosh. so demar, jose and andrea were the only things close to me and i guess when your team starts to lose alot (especially by 1-3 points or in ot), and you still watch the highlights and listen to shaq and chuck make fun of them. you share the same pain as all the other raptor fans... ohh ya whats it called?... hmm.. obsession yah thats what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    i know, but i take the raps to heart and its a bad habit. lool im only 14 and the raptors were the only thing that i used to watch, i only remember hints of vince carter and a little of bosh. so demar, jose and andrea were the only things close to me and i guess when your team starts to lose alot (especially by 1-3 points or in ot), and you still watch the highlights and listen to shaq and chuck make fun of them. you share the same pain as all the other raptor fans... ohh ya whats it called?... hmm.. obsession yah thats what it is.
    Yes, I was a die hard raps fan right around your age. It was 2006, the colangelo era had just begun and we won the division..7 years later and kind of just been following them from a bit of a distance now.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a new idea

Yes, I was a die hard raps fan right around your age. It was 2006, the colangelo era had just begun and we won the division..7 years later and kind of just been following them from a bit of a distance now.
    Hey, I agree with letting go.
    Is there a possible deal to be done with Houston. Asik and Lin are available, Camby our extra 1st rd pick in 2016 and Fields, or Kleiza or T Ross or A Gray or Lowry. They want to cut costs and seek another player to entice D. Howard. Dare I suggest R. Gay.
    All I am saying is that as we are letting go, its not a bad time to be a raptors fan. We have assets, picks a good coach who is going back to what he knows. The untradeable Bargs is gone, Amir Johnson was Colangelo's best move and he remains.
    Today, right now I like being a Raptor's fan.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jason Dixon wrote: View Post
    Hey, I agree with letting go.
    Is there a possible deal to be done with Houston. Asik and Lin are available, Camby our extra 1st rd pick in 2016 and Fields, or Kleiza or T Ross or A Gray or Lowry. They want to cut costs and seek another player to entice D. Howard. Dare I suggest R. Gay.
    Asik and Lin for Rudy seems extremely unlikely given the numbers, but that would be a ridiculously good trade for us if it happened. Asik lived up to his deal and Lin was on track to do the same before his shoulder injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy for Asik and Lin? No way, No how.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default the rockets need a star

Rudy for Asik and Lin? No way, No how.
    Why can't we consider it, pieces we have. Assets we have, they get Howard. All I am really saying, going with the theme of this thread. This is a good day to be a Raptors fan and their need might benefit us. Thats a nice change.:-)

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Culture change is a good way to let go!

#tradeBargnanihasbeenfulfilled
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jason Dixon wrote: View Post
    Why can't we consider it, pieces we have. Assets we have, they get Howard. All I am really saying, going with the theme of this thread. This is a good day to be a Raptors fan and their need might benefit us. Thats a nice change.:-)
    Because we aren't desperate. That's why

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a die hard raptors fan i think it' finally time to let go of the past.

Jose's not comming back to t dot even though jose's last interview as a raptor still haunts me. :'( and im pretty sure DeMar wont stay a raptor, even though most fans would hate to let go of him. Its Ujiri's team now and he'll do what ever he has to do to make this team in to a contender, even if it means letting go of someone as close to the organization as DeRozan. If demar gets traded i might have to go through two weeks of serious rehab.

one thing i know for sure is that Ujiri is damn serious about helping out the raptors. OMAAGOOD RUDDY JUST TWEETED THAT HES EXCITED TO PLAY A FULL SEASON WITH THE RAPTORS..FANGIRLING....AHHH.... ehem i was saying its a new era, and the best thing is to let go of the past thats been weighing us down.

Time to let go of Vince, t-mac, Bosh, Jose, Ed Davis, Bayless and everyone that was important to the raptors family.

and time to look towards the future
    put them sunglasses on cuz it seems bright
    Bayless? This is totally just nitpicking, but since when does anyone give two shits about him? He's not *an important part of the raptors family or past. I'd put so many guys ahead of him...
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jul 4th, 2013 at 08:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Bayless? This is totally just nitpicking, but since when does anyone give two shits about him? He's not *an important part of the raptors family or past. I'd put so many guys ahead of him...
    LOOOL he deserves some recognition.. no??

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bayless...really?
    christ.... i damn near forgot he was ever a raptor until right now

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Davis on the list is just as questionable...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOOOL he deserves some recognition.. no??
    about as much as Dan O'Sullivan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    christ.... I damn near forgot he was ever a raptor until right now
    buwahahahahahha jheeeeez tearsss woohh :'''')
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I think his youthfulness is showing here. He probably doesn't even know who Mo Pete is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    cant even lie i miss ed davis more than jose just cuz demar and amir seemed so sad
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Thread Information