Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Time To let Go..

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I think his youthfulness is showing here. He probably doesn't even know who Mo Pete is.
    i know who mo pete is im 14 i've never seen him play oh and im a girl
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his youthfulness is showing here. He probably doesn't even know who Mo Pete is.
    Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    cant even lie i miss ed davis more than jose just cuz demar and amir seemed so sad
    Since you were born AFTER the ACC was built, I'll let it slide
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

3. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

here's the thing about letting go of the past...

the past doesn't let go of you... no matter how much you think it's forgotten and behind you.... every once in awhile, you'll peek back... and there it is... refusing to let go... like a sheet of toilet paper stuck to your shoe by dried dookies...

you can't make yesteryear go away...

the past is like herpes.

all you can do is admit how shit it was... find the humor in it... and don't let it effect RIGHT FUCKING NOW

5. Like NoPropsneeded, lilmamba_, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i know who mo pete is im 14 i've never seen him play oh and im a girl
    Mo Pete was exactly what the Raps need now. A good 3 point shooter, a decent defender, an under-appreciated finisher, and most importantly, he loved being a Raptor. I feel bad that all the young Raps fan didn't get to be around for him. His blindfolded lay-up *and one! (see the avatar <-----) is still my favourite play in Raps history.

I agree with the sentiment that we need to let go of the past in a lot of ways (Jose shouldn't be mentioned in a thread for at least 2 years), but like many old timers, I still can't and wont forgive one player.

PS - awesome that you bring the female perspective to this place. Can't imagine there are too many. But Bayless was awful lol

7. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOOOL he deserves some recognition.. no??
    Recognition implies some kind of achievements, or critical role in the team's development. He's on the same level as Will Solomon, basically. Completely forgettable and a waste of a roster spot when he was here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Recognition implies some kind of achievements, or critical role in the team's development. He's on the same level as Will Solomon, basically. Completely forgettable and a waste of a roster spot when he was here.
    Will Solomon! Now there's a player I completely forgot about. He falls somewhere between Maceo Baston and Darrick Martin.

Post Thanks / Like

Will Solomon! Now there's a player I completely forgot about. He falls somewhere between Maceo Baston and Darrick Martin.
    Rick Brunson?

Quincy Douby?

Percy Miller???
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Rick Brunson?

Quincy Douby?

Percy Miller???
    Douby I remember well. Percy Miller was only summer league, so I don't think that counts. Although for a rapper (Make 'em say uhhh!!) he was actually pretty good.

Brunson split a season with us and the Bulls. Can't really be considered if he didn't play at least one season here.

Raptors Republic Rookie AngryRapsFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rick Brunson?

Quincy Douby?

Percy Miller???
    Don't forget Roko Ukic!
    Don't follow me. @AngryRaptorsFan

Post Thanks / Like

Rick Brunson?

Quincy Douby?

Percy Miller???
    i feel so dumb i know none of them, need to learn some raps history
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AngryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Don't forget Roko Ukic!
    I remember the excitement when Roko was drafted in the 2nd round. Was seen as a steal of a young, big (6'5"), international point guard, we could develop. So much for that...at least he (and Sonny Weems) netted us Amir Johnson. Still more value than we got for Hoffa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AngryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Don't forget Roko Ukic!
    Next to Calderon, Ukic was Babcock's best acquisition :|

16. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

haha, not these ones you don't. Percy "Master P" Miller was a summer league player who already was a platinum hit rapper. The only reason he is in team lore is because we were the team bad enough that a rapper with no college game actually had a chance to make our team.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rick Brunson is..................... jesus christ, i think i literally have absolutely no opinion of him whatsoever.... that's a first..

Quincy Douby is most famous for looking like Tupac's ugly step child, and having an epic unibrow..

Percy Miller is a rapper from NO, known as Master P... played for the Raptors in summer league once... also the father of the rapper Lil Romeo, who played ball with Demar Derozan at USC and is one of his close friends, and is now a spokesperson for some ghetto onine college

Post Thanks / Like

Next to Calderon, Ukic was Babcock's best acquisition :|
    I wonder what would have happened if the team had, as was Vince Carter's wish, hired Dr. J as GM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    Rick Brunson is..................... jesus christ, i think i literally have absolutely no opinion of him whatsoever.... that's a first..

Quincy Douby is most famous for looking like Tupac's ugly step child, and having an epic unibrow..

Percy Miller is a rapper from NO, known as Master P... played for the Raptors in summer league once... also the father of the rapper Lil Romeo, who played ball with Demar Derozan at USC and is one of his close friends, and is now a spokesperson for some ghetto onine college
    Wow, no kidding, eh?

Post Thanks / Like

LOOOOOL thanks, explained that soo much better than Wikipedia. hahaha tupacs ugly step child stopppppp this xD

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what would have happened if the team had, as was Vince Carter's wish, hired Dr. J as GM.
    Had to google search this, and found an article that sums up the Raptors from the time they hired Babcock. This was written prior to the hiring (June 2004)....

"As one observer noted yesterday, the Raptors are conducting their GM search as if they're jogging backwards through the park. Yes, they may end up in the same location as they would if they were jogging forward, but they're going to take a little longer, trip over some rocks and twist some ankles."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball...02/483166.html

Post Thanks / Like

haha, not these ones you don't. Percy "Master P" Miller was a summer league player who already was a platinum hit rapper. The only reason he is in team lore is because we were the team bad enough that a rapper with no college game actually had a chance to make our team.
    lets get kevin hart as our back up point guard then

24. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

christ.... i damn near forgot he was ever a raptor until right now
    I damn near forgot he even existed until now
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

26. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information