Future of the franchise depends on what the Raptors do this offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Somehow, I see more entertainment value in Kleiza's serial killer facial expressions than White's appearances on Dr. Phil.

EDIT: Neither are worth anything on the court
    Possibly my favourite post of all time.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      If the Rockets land Howard, one would think they'd have serious interest in Novak.

White's rookie deal expires this year. Year 3 and 4 clearly will not be picked up. Kleiza is a $4.6M useless expiring vs. White's $1.7.

If the Rockets could land Howard, do they like Novak?

White (who will be told to stay home) and Terrence Jones for Novak? Could the Raptors even manage to squeeze a 2nd round pick out of it as well?
      My proposal of LK wasn't at all serious. I was just curious how low Nilanka would be willing to buy. I think LK has to be our worst asset at this point.

I honestly don't know if I'd trade Novak for White. White is talented but he's off-the-wall bonkers. Don't think he's worth it. Plus, Novak's 3 point shooting is a skill we could actually use. Like Nilanka, I don't think we get many points for White going on Dr. Phil.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        My proposal of LK wasn't at all serious. I was just curious how low Nilanka would be willing to buy. I think LK has to be our worst asset at this point.

I honestly don't know if I'd trade Novak for White. White is talented but he's off-the-wall bonkers. Don't think he's worth it. Plus, Novak's 3 point shooting is a skill we could actually use. Like Nilanka, I don't think we get many points for White going on Dr. Phil.
        I wouldn't trade Novak for White. White would never step on Canadian soil. The trade would essentially be Novak for Terrence Jones.

Comment

I wouldn't trade Novak for White. White would never step on Canadian soil. The trade would essentially be Novak for Terrence Jones.
          Oh he'd step on Canadian soil, but only on pieces named "Earl" for some reason.

Comment

I'd be down for some Terrence Jones. Was really big on him as a low-risk pick in that draft. See his worst case as an actually competent tweener forward off the bench. And in the best case, maybe a more athletic Al Harrington, or a more polished Thad Young. And though I didn't watch him enough with Houston, he didn't suffer from "classic tweener syndrome" in college, because he could defend both forward spots, the key aspect for any player without a natural position.

Comment

By the way, if Howard ends up in Dallas Novak could be useful as well. I would not be opposed to sign and trade Wright or Collison. Hell, even if Howard does not end up in Dallas, I would not be opposed to a double sign and trade with Collison and Wright coming for DeRozan.

Comment

Makes sense in terms of talent acquisition.

Plus I call dibs on the "Terrence Brothers" moniker.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Oh he'd step on Canadian soil, but only on pieces named "Earl" for some reason.
                  i'm not even sure exactly why this is funny.... but it is quite possibly the most hilarious post ever

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Makes sense in terms of talent acquisition.

Plus I call dibs on the "Terrence Brothers" moniker.
                    And they are very close friends too. I don't say that as in it's a good reason to acquire him, just a good reason for the nickname.

Comment

By the way, if Howard ends up in Dallas Novak could be useful as well. I would not be opposed to sign and trade Wright or Collison. Hell, even if Howard does not end up in Dallas, I would not be opposed to a double sign and trade with Collison and Wright coming for DeRozan.
                      While both are solid players, I wouldnt want to trade Demar for 2 players who will be in a backup role on the Raptors. But I do think Raptors have more assets now than they did last season that Dallas would be interested in. Maybe Novak, Fields and a couple 2nd's for Collison and Wright. No need to give up one of your best players for free agents. Teams would always prefer to get something than nothing.

Comment

Really? I would not trade DeMar for those 2 guys....Those are some pretty mediocre assets. Maybe if they included a first rder I'd consider it. Maybe.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                          While both are solid players, I wouldnt want to trade Demar for 2 players who will be in a backup role on the Raptors. But I do think Raptors have more assets now than they did last season that Dallas would be interested in. Maybe Novak, Fields and a couple 2nd's for Collison and Wright. No need to give up one of your best players for free agents. Teams would always prefer to get something than nothing.
                          I was making the assumption you couldn't get both for $5.15M (MLE).

If you can get both for that, then you are right on.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Really? I would not trade DeMar for those 2 guys....Those are some pretty mediocre assets. Maybe if they included a first rder I'd consider it. Maybe.
                            Scoring points inefficiently is not the Raptors issue.

They need depth. Collison and Wright are solid pieces off the bench, in my opinion.

I think I'm the minority but I really feel DD needs to be traded before it becomes obvious to all that potential is no longer an appropriate descriptor.

Comment

I think I would trade Novak for Terrence Jones.

Comment

EWWWW - Are you Kidding me? Collison is a dissappointment and Wright???

Thanks for making it obvious how much you undervalue DD......WOW

Comment

Working...
                                X