How long have you been a Raptors fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffer wrote: View Post
    Got soooo excited when the wrangling about who would win the battle to get the expansion bid was going on. Lot's of great moments the first year. Alvin Robertson's opening game basket. Beating the Bulls. Jordan's quote about Zan Tabak (paraphrasing) "I never heard of this guy and now we're double teaming him?"

Suffered through with them pretty much all the way. Listened to games on the radio when they weren't being broadcast, or I was on the road. One season (four years ago?) only watched about 40 games, out of disgust, but pretty much watch every one, each season.
    That's awesome. I think it was during the middle of the 2010-11 season where I was fed up and just stopped checking the schedule, but besides that, I also try to never miss a game. Having started watching the Raptors in 2007, I've never been able to witness a winning season, but I could imagine that it'd be pretty nice to cheer for a team that wins on most nights than not. Patiently waiting for that day, but this will always be my team as long as they're in Toronto

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
      ...I've never been able to witness a winning season, but I could imagine that it'd be pretty nice to cheer for a team that wins on most nights than not. Patiently waiting for that day...
      Sooner, rather than later, I am sure.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
        That's awesome. I think it was during the middle of the 2010-11 season where I was fed up and just stopped checking the schedule, but besides that, I also try to never miss a game. Having started watching the Raptors in 2007, I've never been able to witness a winning season, but I could imagine that it'd be pretty nice to cheer for a team that wins on most nights than not. Patiently waiting for that day, but this will always be my team as long as they're in Toronto
        We've been cheering for this long, we got to just continue to support our team. It will be all to sweet when the finally become a winning franchise. Knowing I will have stuck around the whole way through and not have abbandoned them for another team just because I wanted my favourite team to win will feel pretty good.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          We've been cheering for this long, we got to just continue to support our team. It will be all to sweet when the finally become a winning franchise. Knowing I will have stuck around the whole way through and not have abbandoned them for another team just because I wanted my favourite team to win will feel pretty good.
          When I stopped paying attention it was towards the entire NBA. I just got heavy into following futebol instead, and watched enough sports highlight shows to have a slight idea of whats happening in the NBA. I gave up on management, and when I heard they drafted Valanciunas and I did a little research of my own on him I was impressed. But I said I would only start watching once he came over, now im back deeper than ever lol. This offseason so far has been all NBA, no futebol. Ive been falling behind on the transfer wires lol

Comment

I've been a fan since they started saying they were trying to get a team. I remember how excited I was about it even before we got the team, the bids and attempts.. I think it was David Peterson initially leading the charge before Bitove Jr's team eventually won a franchise. He was a former MP or something like that. He later on led the charge for the Olympics but we lost that one.

My first NBA game was an exhibition game, it was around the time when Larry Bird was already having back problems. I remember this specifically because we of course wanted to see him play but he didn't.. not even sure he traveled with the team.

My first ever Raptors game was the 3rd home game of the season against the Phoenix Suns. I remember being super excited to see a superstar in Kevin Johnson, only to hear that he wasn't going to be playing.. injury or something. But I did get to see Damon play and he was awesome.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Kudos to those who went to games 2001 and earlier. It sure wouldve been nice to see them back then.

Comment

I have bean a fan since 1994.

It started of badly.
                Name was a disappointment.
                Uniforms were disappointment.
                Announcement that we can not have the No.1 pick even if we win the lottery.
                Expansion draft was not only disappointing but ridiculous.
                Drafting Stoudamire is when things started changing.

Comment

Working...
                X