Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Julyan Stone reaches 2 year deal with Toronto.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Mr.Roko Ukic
    Yeah him. The reason that Julyan aka JuJu didn't play that much was cause he was injured with a hip and knee injury. He missed 44 games and when he came back Denver was on a role. Never really got a fair shake.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote EL_CHAPO wrote: View Post
    i don't think he'll end up playing for us. just bc he was on Denver doesn't necessarily mean he isn't part of the Messiah Ujiri grand scheme... this man has some big moves to make, i could see him being thrown into some package before the season starts
    Free agents can't be traded until December 15
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Defensive PG? Sounds like Casey.

Pound the rock, and you get Julyan Stone.

Can't wait for him to play SG in Casey's small ball lineups

Post Thanks / Like

Seven pages on this guy.....our off-season is pretty bad.

5. Like mcHAPPY, Nilanka, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Seven pages in 16 hours...looking for gold under every stone.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Off-season has barely started....and things will probably speed up for the whole league once the Dwight Howard domino drops

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm reserving judgement on him because the closest to a nice thing i have to say about Stone right now is "WHO!?!?!?"

but i am now looking forward to summer league in a way i haven't since jeremy lin (pre-linsanity) was showing up John Wall all over the place

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If Tony Allen can get a contract with awful offensive skills, I think Stone has a chance too. Plus if he forces a miss with his lockdown defense or a block you can say: "Player X just got Stoned"

10. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if this was already posted

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to predict Stone provides us with 5 highlights all season, 3 of which are of the towel-waving variety.

On another note, I see a lot of comments in this thread (and in others) about Calderon being a crappy shooter and eventually turning himself into a marksman, implying that it's an easy feat. This is a very rare occurrence, and should be considered a testament to Calderon's work ethic, and willingness to start from scratch. We shouldn't expect Stone (or any other crappy shooter....ahem....*DeRozan*) to have similar success. It's not easy to do, which is why it hardly ever happens.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm going to predict Stone provides us with 5 highlights all season, 3 of which are of the towel-waving variety.

On another note, I see a lot of comments in this thread (and in others) about Calderon being a crappy shooter and eventually turning himself into a marksman, implying that it's an easy feat. This is a very rare occurrence, and should be considered a testament to Calderon's work ethic, and willingness to start from scratch. We shouldn't expect Stone (or any other crappy shooter....ahem....*DeRozan*) to have similar success. It's not easy to do, which is why it hardly ever happens.
    And in case anyone was curious about the remaining 2 Stone highlights:

1. Diving head-first out of bounds to save a dead ball (he didn't hear the whistle)
    2. Shooting a buzzer-beater during a garbage time blowout, that gets pinned between the rim and backboard.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

14. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this one's actually pretty good. He seems to have a wicked work ethic

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

On the first thought...Well at least he won't be paid Marcus Banks-type money to do it. Also made me think, was Yogi ever a good cheerleader? Or did he not even show that level of energy?

On the second....I don't think I brought up anything like that, but regardless I'd like to comment. I don't think he has to become Jose good. He also has different physical tools all around than Jose. If he has a couple of post moves, because he certainly has the size to post up a lot of PGs, and can knock down some jumpers even to 15 ft, he can become pretty effective. Look at Andre Miller (hopefully Stone picked up a thing or two being on the same roster as him). And he can be better defensively than Miller for sure. The big "if" to me is can he run the team's offense? In both cases of Miller and Jose, despite their respective limitations, they're both good at running the offense. It's probably the biggest reason they've both prospered.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for giving the guy a chance (especially with those physical gifts), but if he is our only PG acquisition then the team isn't going to be very good. Doubly so when you consider the amount of games that Lowry will likely miss due to injury (small guy + attacking style = injuries).

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So Julyan Stone is signed as our primary back up at the one spot... sounds like we're tanking, no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I'm all for giving the guy a chance (especially with those physical gifts), but if he is our only PG acquisition then the team isn't going to be very good. Doubly so when you consider the amount of games that Lowry will likely miss due to injury (small guy + attacking style = injuries).
    We might be able to get away with having Stone play 15 mpg (with 3 starters on the floor with him). But like you eluded to, if Lowry goes down it's over.

Post Thanks / Like

Soon he'll be our primary when Lowry gets traded
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The positivity on this board is freaking me out.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody knows who the fuck this guy is and there's like 8 pages..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Nobody knows who the fuck this guy is and there's like 8 pages..
    And when/if he let's us down, we'll have 100 pages... Lol
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information