Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 186

Thread: Julyan Stone reaches 2 year deal with Toronto.

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Mr.Roko Ukic
    Yeah him. The reason that Julyan aka JuJu didn't play that much was cause he was injured with a hip and knee injury. He missed 44 games and when he came back Denver was on a role. Never really got a fair shake.

  2. #122
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote EL_CHAPO wrote: View Post
    i don't think he'll end up playing for us. just bc he was on Denver doesn't necessarily mean he isn't part of the Messiah Ujiri grand scheme... this man has some big moves to make, i could see him being thrown into some package before the season starts
    Free agents can't be traded until December 15
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  3. #123
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Defensive PG? Sounds like Casey.

    Pound the rock, and you get Julyan Stone.

    Can't wait for him to play SG in Casey's small ball lineups

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Seven pages on this guy.....our off-season is pretty bad.

  5. Like mcHAPPY, Nilanka, Axel liked this post
  6. #125
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Seven pages on this guy.....our off-season is pretty bad.
    Seven pages in 16 hours...looking for gold under every stone.

  7. #126
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Seven pages on this guy.....our off-season is pretty bad.
    Off-season has barely started....and things will probably speed up for the whole league once the Dwight Howard domino drops

  8. #127
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i'm reserving judgement on him because the closest to a nice thing i have to say about Stone right now is "WHO!?!?!?"

    but i am now looking forward to summer league in a way i haven't since jeremy lin (pre-linsanity) was showing up John Wall all over the place

  9. #128
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Tony Allen can get a contract with awful offensive skills, I think Stone has a chance too. Plus if he forces a miss with his lockdown defense or a block you can say: "Player X just got Stoned"

  10. Like Joey liked this post
  11. #129
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Sorry if this was already posted

  12. #130
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm going to predict Stone provides us with 5 highlights all season, 3 of which are of the towel-waving variety.

    On another note, I see a lot of comments in this thread (and in others) about Calderon being a crappy shooter and eventually turning himself into a marksman, implying that it's an easy feat. This is a very rare occurrence, and should be considered a testament to Calderon's work ethic, and willingness to start from scratch. We shouldn't expect Stone (or any other crappy shooter....ahem....*DeRozan*) to have similar success. It's not easy to do, which is why it hardly ever happens.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. #131
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm going to predict Stone provides us with 5 highlights all season, 3 of which are of the towel-waving variety.

    On another note, I see a lot of comments in this thread (and in others) about Calderon being a crappy shooter and eventually turning himself into a marksman, implying that it's an easy feat. This is a very rare occurrence, and should be considered a testament to Calderon's work ethic, and willingness to start from scratch. We shouldn't expect Stone (or any other crappy shooter....ahem....*DeRozan*) to have similar success. It's not easy to do, which is why it hardly ever happens.
    And in case anyone was curious about the remaining 2 Stone highlights:

    1. Diving head-first out of bounds to save a dead ball (he didn't hear the whistle)
    2. Shooting a buzzer-beater during a garbage time blowout, that gets pinned between the rim and backboard.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  14. Like Axel liked this post
  15. #132
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    this one's actually pretty good. He seems to have a wicked work ethic

  16. #133
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm going to predict Stone provides us with 5 highlights all season, 3 of which are of the towel-waving variety.

    On another note, I see a lot of comments in this thread (and in others) about Calderon being a crappy shooter and eventually turning himself into a marksman, implying that it's an easy feat. This is a very rare occurrence, and should be considered a testament to Calderon's work ethic, and willingness to start from scratch. We shouldn't expect Stone (or any other crappy shooter....ahem....*DeRozan*) to have similar success. It's not easy to do, which is why it hardly ever happens.
    On the first thought...Well at least he won't be paid Marcus Banks-type money to do it. Also made me think, was Yogi ever a good cheerleader? Or did he not even show that level of energy?

    On the second....I don't think I brought up anything like that, but regardless I'd like to comment. I don't think he has to become Jose good. He also has different physical tools all around than Jose. If he has a couple of post moves, because he certainly has the size to post up a lot of PGs, and can knock down some jumpers even to 15 ft, he can become pretty effective. Look at Andre Miller (hopefully Stone picked up a thing or two being on the same roster as him). And he can be better defensively than Miller for sure. The big "if" to me is can he run the team's offense? In both cases of Miller and Jose, despite their respective limitations, they're both good at running the offense. It's probably the biggest reason they've both prospered.

  17. #134
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm all for giving the guy a chance (especially with those physical gifts), but if he is our only PG acquisition then the team isn't going to be very good. Doubly so when you consider the amount of games that Lowry will likely miss due to injury (small guy + attacking style = injuries).

  18. #135
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So Julyan Stone is signed as our primary back up at the one spot... sounds like we're tanking, no?

  19. #136
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I'm all for giving the guy a chance (especially with those physical gifts), but if he is our only PG acquisition then the team isn't going to be very good. Doubly so when you consider the amount of games that Lowry will likely miss due to injury (small guy + attacking style = injuries).
    We might be able to get away with having Stone play 15 mpg (with 3 starters on the floor with him). But like you eluded to, if Lowry goes down it's over.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  20. #137
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Soon he'll be our primary when Lowry gets traded
    @jerboat

  21. #138
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The positivity on this board is freaking me out.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  22. #139
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nobody knows who the fuck this guy is and there's like 8 pages..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  23. #140
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Nobody knows who the fuck this guy is and there's like 8 pages..
    And when/if he let's us down, we'll have 100 pages... Lol
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •