Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julyan Stone reaches 2 year deal with Toronto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    but hes a sweetie tho <3
    lol

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Scouting report
      + Long-armed wing with point guard's ball skills. Can handle and pass.
      + Lousy outside shooter and just an average athlete. Good rebounder.
      + Pretty good on ball defender.

Analysis
      An undrafted rookie, Stone didn't get much run at the end of Denver's bench but showed some signs in his limited action. In particular, his 8.3 assists per 40 minutes stand out, as does his phenomenal 44.1 assist ratio. The downside is that Stone can neither shoot nor score; he averaged just 8.0 points per 40 minutes and didn't fare much better in three D-League games with Idaho.

Stone is already 23, and while he has some tools, his inability to score is what torpedoed his draft stock. He's pretty good for an undrafted end-of-the-bench guy, but it's still not clear whether his pros and cons add up to a rotation player.
      I like how's his the total opposite of Kyle Lowry. I also like he has a good handle and is pass first(8.3 assist per 40 mins). I feel we need are backup PG to be to get are shooters(Ross and Novak) shots off the bench.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I like this. I've noticed that over the years there seems to be quite a few bigger PG's coming into the league. Tyreke, Holiday, Vasquez (two of whom just got traded). Shooting isn't a problem seeing as Jose went from a crappy shooter to a knock down shooter coming off of picks and 3pt range.
        Actually, all got traded. LOL

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I think he and Ross could be perfect compliments to one-another on the second unit backcourt. A great passer for a great shooter who struggles to create off the bounce. Two guys who can be tenacious defenders, one of whom is devastating in transition. Mix in Acy and Fields (and hopefully one more young big) and that's potentially a really entertaining bench.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
            The more I think about it, the more I think he and Ross could be perfect compliments to one-another on the second unit backcourt. A great passer for a great shooter who struggles to create off the bounce. Two guys who can be tenacious defenders, one of whom is devastating in transition. Mix in Acy and Fields (and hopefully one more young big) and that's potentially a really entertaining bench.
            if you put it like this, i cant wait untill next season. #GodBlessUjiri we got a pg and got rid of andrea in the same week #MasterMind
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Summer league is going to be interesting!!
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think this is the player development side that we have not seen yet from Masai...

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Summer league is going to be interesting!!
                  I predict the Raptors are winning the summer league title with Valanciunas being MVP, and Terrence Ross leading our team in scoring. Our starting back court is just sick too

Comment

but hes a sweetie tho <3
                    So am i. You don't see the Raptors signing me lol

In all seriousness, this was a good signing. Dude has mad potential as a Big PG

Comment

I like this. I've noticed that over the years there seems to be quite a few bigger PG's coming into the league. Tyreke, Holiday, Vasquez (two of whom just got traded). Shooting isn't a problem seeing as Jose went from a crappy shooter to a knock down shooter coming off of picks and 3pt range.
                      Correction: Tyreke, Holiday and Vasquez have all been traded/signed to new teams...

Comment

but hes a sweetie tho <3
                        gonna have to get used to the random hearts round these parts, now.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I love this. I read about the signing, blinked, and then we had 4 pages up on it. We deserve a good team (just not this year)

Comment

So am i. You don't see the Raptors signing me lol

In all seriousness, this was a good signing. Dude has mad potential as a Big PG
                            hahaha i'll talk to ujiri for you.. ight? .... right excited to see our bench play .. next seasons gonna be big, im feelin it
                            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                              Pretty meh signing. Won't make a big impact.
                              Summer league roster is shaping up.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                                gonna have to get used to the random hearts round these parts, now.
                                <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 lool get used to it your going to be seeing it alot

Comment

Working...
                                X