Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get in on the Warriors push to land Howard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get in on the Warriors push to land Howard?

The warriors are desperate to move some combination of Bogut, Biendrins, Jefferson... All expiring contracts, in their effort to win the Howard Sweepstakes.

Is their an opportunity here for the raps?

ESPN trade machine hasn't updated to the 2013-2014 season yet, so it won't let you trade people like Kleiza. However the trade machine would allow a straight up Bogut for Fields. GSW is obviously looking to shed salary to be able to sign Dwight. They aren't at this point willing to get rid of Curry, Thompson, or Barnes.

That said, is there some picks of their's we can take? Also is a starting front court of Bogut-JV even feasible, or would we have to try to get other teams involved?

Normally, some due diligence is needed when trying out these ideas, but I've foregone that because I'm lazy, and wantt other people to do the work.

Given that Curry, Thompson, Barnes are currently NOT available, is there any way to get in on the expiring contacts that helps us either this year and down the road?

Ideally I'd like to get other teams' picks if GSW owns other teams' picks because if they get Dwight they aren't going to be in the lottery ANY time soon.

In other Dwight related news, apparently he's looking to create a "super team" with Jose Calderon... with Calderon waiting for him to sign with a team and then trying to see if he can get in on the sweet sweet Dwight action as well.

(Please DO NOT include CURRY, THOMPSON, or BARNES, in ANY trade scenarios, unless you have a source that says they are now thinking about including one of them).

Personally, I can't see the downside of Fields for Bogut. Yes our cap situation would be problematic be he comes off the books in a year, and we should at least be able to get some draft picks out of it.

Even taking some combo of Jefferson/Biendrins/Bogut could allow us to get rid of BOTH Kleiza and Fields without having to amnesty anyone. Anyway, any time a see a team in a position where they have to trade from a position of weakness I want Ujiri in there to see what he can get his hands on.
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Fri Jul 5, 2013, 07:06 AM.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

I came across an thread about aldridge and posted the following trade

What about this 3 team trade LINK

Toronto Out, Fields
    Toronto In, Aldridge

Portland Out, Aldridge
    Portland In, Bogut + (draft picks?)

GSW Out, Bogut
    GSW In, Fields

Obviously, the Bogut for fields, on paper is RIDICULOUS, but they are shopping him as well as Jefferson and Biendrins in an effort to clear CAP SPACE to sign Dwight, so they want AS LITTLE salary back as possible. In this case they are sending out 13 mil and only bringing 6 mil back.

This is a no-brainer as far as the raps are concerned. We've got a crazy good starting front court JV+Aldridge, plus we've got Amir/Novak/Acy/Camby, so yeah we're awesome.

The question is Bogut, on an expiring contract, plus picks worth giving up aldridge for?
    Anyway, I think that Aldridge fits better than Bogut.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

No....there is absolutely no reason in hell GSW would want Fields and his contract. They're set at the wings. They even have guys like Green and Rush on the bench. They have absolutely no need of Fields.

That's the first problem...The second problem is that the deal still wouldn't allow them to sign Howard, which is their motivation for any deal. I believe to sign Howard outright, they'd have to trade all 3 of Bogut, Biedrins and Jefferson and take basically no salary back. I mean, what will Howard's $ per be at...around 20 million? Right now they have roughly 69 million tied up in guaranteed money. IF they got Fields back AND shed the other guys for no money, I think they still wouldn't have enough room to sign Howard.

It's possible the Raps can get in on a 3 team deal....It would take a 3rd team that can absorb a big contract on their own though. Without that element, the Raps have no hope because they can't really do anything to help GSW sign Howard through a straight two-way trade. I'll try to come up with something I think would work...

Comment

Working...
      X