Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vassilis Spanoulis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Ah sorry for asking you to explain your statement? Not sure what was unreasonable in what I asked.

If he makes more money there, fine. State it. If he's paying more taxes there then fine, how much? How can we take it seriously if such natural follow ups are viewed as offensive?
    I think he just got frustrated that you were debating with him. Haha.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Rookie swingman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Said Van Gundy about the situation: "(Spanoulis) says, 'I was [Tracy] McGrady back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here,"
    Ooush, burn

Raptors Republic Rookie Vimsanity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he'd accept a backup role, I feel like Spanoulis/Stone would be a solid offence/defence PG duo off the bench. Casey could use them situationally.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vimsanity wrote: View Post
    If he'd accept a backup role, I feel like Spanoulis/Stone would be a solid offence/defence PG duo off the bench. Casey could use them situationally.
    He already signed with Olympiakos 8M EUR for 3 years. Not bad at all.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Google says he made 2.6M Euro in 2012, which is about 3.3M USD. Parker made $4M as a Raptor, and that was 7 years ago. I could see Spanoulis being tempted with a similar $4M/yr contract to come to the NBA. Just not sure if he's worth it though.
    Contracts of every league in Europe except Spain are listed in net income, not gross income like NBA contracts. So you can take NBA and ACB contracts as gross, but in all other leagues in Europe, they list only the net income.

So that would be 2.6 million euro net income, which is like making $6.8 million a year in the NBA.

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    He already signed with Olympiakos 8M EUR for 3 years. Not bad at all.
    As far as I know, he only had a meeting with Olympiacos owners. He has not signed with them yet. But the media is claiming he will sign soon. But he did not actually sign anything yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Basilis wrote: View Post
    Contracts of every league in Europe except Spain are listed in net income, not gross income like NBA contracts. So you can take NBA and ACB contracts as gross, but in all other leagues in Europe, they list only the net income.

So that would be 2.6 million euro net income, which is like making $6.8 million a year in the NBA.
    I didn't know that. thank you for sharing that information

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Basilis wrote: View Post

As far as I know, he only had a meeting with Olympiacos owners. He has not signed with them yet. But the media is claiming he will sign soon. But he did not actually sign anything yet.
    The truth is, that Spanoulis agreed with Oly terms, but if Barca can offer him better contract he'll end up with Barca not Oly. Anyway, he told NO to NBA weeks ago, as he wants to have "happy ending" ( ) in Europe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information